Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, May-05-10, 06:01

Plan: Atkins (+m&e)
Stats: 320/310/190 Female 5ft  11"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Away all tomorrow as taking family to airport.Will catchup when I am back
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 16:44

BF:

The last two days have been pretty fullon.
Our trip to airport went great and eating was good. I couldn't get over just how much junk food they sell at the airport!
Today hubby and I are going to be spreading bark all day in the garden so it is good that it is overcast and not too hot.So that is my workout for the day
Tomorrow we will be spending the afternoon with my M&D as it is mother's day over here.
Down 200 gms (.44 lb) for this week..slowly but surely
Well have a good weekend girls
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 07:42

Plan: Weight Watchers/S Beach
Stats: 201/195.8/135 Female 5'3"
BF:

All has settled down now, so I should be here regularly now. My Mother In Law passed ~ 930 on Momday, my last post here was when we had come home to rest, thinking the Hospice nurse would call through the night for us to rush back (she said she would call cuz she wasn't expecting her to make it til the morning). Well... As the human body along with God has it in their hands, she did make it through the night. My sister in law called us ~ 6:30 and said that the time was close. Unfortumately, through the night John had come down with that horrible flu that started with me the week before and Kim, the girls and Brad, my son-in-law had all come down with. So, he asked me if I woud go in his place. I'm SO thankfuk that he wasn't there, we had trouble with the step-dad (not wanting ti "let her go" and when he stepped out to go eat (he's a diabetic, as I am and so is John) my sister in law asked me if I would be willing to try to "help her along" by talking to her and re-assuring her that we all would be fine, including the stap-dad here on eatth. The hospice nurse said to just keep saying that we would all take care of each other and Kenney (the step-dad) and that we would be here for each other in times of need, etc. Well we did that and when Kenney came back in from eating (the oldest sibling went with him and kept him away as long as he could without it looking obvious to him that he was TRYING to keep him away), I whispered to Debbie NOT to move from her side unless it was to let Charles, the oldest sibling in her place. I didn't move to let Kenney return by her side and it was Charles and I at that point talking to her and holding her hands. I just kept talking to her about the beauty of Heaven and whenever Kenney would try to take it back to the negative I would tell her that it was her time and that she needed to thing about Ella and no one else and it was her day to go celebrate with her loved ones. After 40+ minutes, she passed. I received calls from the 3 siblings later on Monday evening thanking me for not letting Kenney hold her back any longer and a huge hug from John when I told her that Charles, Debbie and I helped her finally cross over. Soooo, needless to say I threw my diet caution to the wind, we ate fast food for 5 days whike we were ~ the nursing home and the preparations for the funeral. In fact, I have NOT weighed since this all began and I'll go do that right now.

Just weighed, I'm back up to 200.4 pounds, so now I will start back counting points today.

I hope you ladies are doing well now, I'll be checking in regularly and let's be the best trio that ever did WW together, ok???

Have a good Saturday! Pamela, is your time behind or ahead of the US, right now its 9:40 a.m. Here in Ohio and were in the Eastern time zone. I believe Rachel is 2 hours behind me, aren't u Rachel? I have an aunt in TX and I think she's 2 hours behind me.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 20:55

BF:

Hi Rebecca It is great to have you back with us here. Have been thinking of you the past week .Hope John is feeling abit better now....... it would have been hard with it being mother's day the same week too! ARe the girls feeling better now? Kids usually bounce back quicker than us big kids eh!
Don't worry bout those few xtra lbs....they WILL come off.
We are here to support each other with our common goal.Maybe we can exchange afew recipes from time to time too as we go along. Gotta not get bored....we need to enjoy our food eh

I was too late last night to post here.
I am going to do stirfried vegies and chicken tonight.I am all for something quick and easy and tasty

Bout the time difference Rebecca... we are ahead of you guys. Right now it is coming up 3 pm monday so it would be about 9pm sunday night there in texas I think
Well you both have a good evening.
  #35   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 10:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Bernstein
Stats: 244/242/145 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 2%

Thinking of going online to do WW - I am on Atkins right now and it is kind of a struggle - how many of you are finding success with WW with adapting your own LC slant on it?

Sure would love some input before I decide.

Thanks!
  #36   ^
Old Mon, May-10-10, 17:36

BF:

Hi Codergal , nice to meet you
I am trying to keep my carbs down and choosing lower GI where possible. So far so good. I am not eating between meals.
Yesterday I didn't have bread at lunch but had potato at dinner. Tonight I will have a serve of kumera( sweet potato)with my stirfry veg & beef.
For me the key to success is writing down all I eat and keeping tabs on my points for each day.

Have you done ww's before? If you haven't then doing it online or going to the mtgs will be very helpful & suportive . I would go to the wkly weighin's myself for that xtra accountability if I could afford it, but Hubby hasn't had work all year so not an option for me!
I have done ww's before and familiar with how it all works and the points value on most comonly used foods so I can make it work for me with the support from here now that I am in the right mindset to lose this xtra weight!
When I have a coffee out I don't eat with it, works best for me.

While I have only lost 3.4 lbs the past mth, it is moving in the right direction and I am happy with that. Planning ahead is a big help for those times when you know you are going to be out or away for the day.

Goodluck to you and do come visit us anytime
  #37   ^
Old Tue, May-11-10, 17:24

BF:

Just checking in !
Another wet day here but getting afew fine breaks so might do some weeding in between the showers today and spread more bark tomorrow. We had over 2" rain lastnight so all my new plants we panted are off to a good start with plenty of wet bark around them. Keeps their feet warm too
I am going to have baked chicken & vegie casserole with bacon as condiment over the top.
Lunch will be tinned salmon and salad today.
Hope the day goes well for you all and if anyone else out there wants to join us here feel welcome to
  #38   ^
Old Wed, May-12-10, 05:50

BF:

They say better late than never so here is our WW's MAY thread] See ya over there