Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 12:46

Plan: CAD (original version)
Stats: 154/153/135 Female 5'7"
BF:33%>30%>19%
Progress: 5%
Default I'm not alone

It's so cool I found this site, I've been doing David's NY plan STRICT, today is day 5. I have done the diet, followed all rules, done the exercise for every day, and have TA DA, lost 6.5#. Pretty crazy stuff!

I plan to continue to work with the sculpting to get more accomplished to work through the entire sculpting routine (I'm fairly fit, I do triathlons and have run a 1/2 marathon, but the sculpting routine kicks my BUTT).

I'd love to have a group of friends working through the plan.

I too have missed my coffee's and latte's and mocha's, but I know they're empty calories, so I've made the switch to tea. It isn't easy, but I'm telling myself that after the 2 weeks, with my treat meal, I'll have a Tall Mocha from my favorite shop as dessert. Then I'll allow myself one specialty drink a week with my Treat Meal.

I feel soooo good! There is hope!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 13:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

Okay NYBP folks, be strong this weekend and as David says, kick ass and take names!
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 14:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

After reading your comments i want to go out and get the book today. I'm just finishing my masters thesis and have packed on about 15 pounds that need to go. After i'm done next week I was going to go back on induction but i think i will get this book and give it a try. Thanks for posting this. I need a good kick start (right in the rear!).
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 15:31

Default LC and Lean

I really can't say enough good about this book, I know it's not for everyone, it's INTENSE, it's a CHALLENGE, but it's SO WORTH IT. And I'm not even 1/2 way done with my 2 weeks.

I like the protein shakes, I like having lunch as my main meal for the day. I like the way my legs scream the next day after doing the 45 min cardio/sculpting routine. I haven't skipped a thing, and I'm so glad. I don't follow the meal plan choices exactly, but I totally follow the rules. I make my salads with lean protein on top and then a little vinegar to taste. I find that when there is less artificial, I am more full. It makes sense, extreme diet + intense exercise = MAXIMUM results! And if you drink the protein shakes you'll have the energy to do the exercise. Make the time for it, you won't be disappointed, it's AWESOME!!
  #35   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 09:42

Plan: atkins
Stats: 180/161/125 Female 5'5
BF:29%
Progress: 35%

Okay i've been pretty much off atkins while i'm finishing my thesis for these last few weeks (sorry but the stress is WAY too much).., should i do induction for a couple weeks to get myself back into the swing or do you think i'll be fine jumping right into it? I'm finishing in the next couple days and i'll be wanting to deal with these stress pounds.
  #36   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 19:01

Plan: ultimate new york body pl
Stats: 152/139/134 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default freezing!!

Here in grand New York City, it is now a whopping 26 degrees! That has taken me off my walking for exercise track, but still following the food plan. To all you out there doing the exercises, congrats! I have four kids, and hardly have time for my hour walk at night. I am wondering if that is why I didnt lose any real weight. It gets me down, until I put on my jeans, and see results there, instead of the scale. I dont eat what he says at each meal, but I am eating one of his dinners each night, and breakfasts each morning, and supplementing with the protein shake. I wish I had more time. Another reason I believe I am not dropping drastic weight is because I only have about 10 to lose, ( or at least that is what gets me thru the day, since I didnt lose as much as everyone else!) I am almost thru with my two weeks, and cant decide whether to switch to BODY FOR LIFE, or stay for another week, and introduce the D for Dairy, so I can drink a Decaf coffee with Half and Half... That, with four kids, is what gets me thru a day...
Keep up the great work everyone.. Remember, its not the one oreo cookie that put the pounds on you, its the PACKAGE that did it!!!

xoxoxoxo
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 08:29

Default slight weekend slip

Ok, so I did really good on the program for 5 days, then Friday I didn't do my exercise then I went to a movie Friday and I 'cheated' by drinking 2 full diet pepsi's. Then Saturday I didn't exercise and had a big dinner with beer and dessert (an early treat meal). Then Sunday I tried to get back on plan with a small lunch and 45 min on the treadmill.

My plan is to do really well Mon-Fri, then sort-of ease up on the weekend. I will do the exercises as planned this week, then I'll follow maintenance next week.

Ellie- I think you should finish your thesis before you start this program then commit to it 100%, I think you'll be glad if you can devote your whole self to this program because you want max results!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 15:52

Plan: Ultimate New York Body
Stats: 162/143/135 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

I've been doing this plan since November 8th. I lost a total of 9 pounds and one dress size the first two weeks. Since then I've had my cheat meal once a week, I've followed the exercise program at least 4 days a week and I usually have one/two glasses of wine a day as my additional cheat food, and sometimes I have multi-grain bread with my egg whites. I've managed to lose a total of 19 pounds, and that's with all the holidays!! I've got about 7-8 more to go, and figure it will take me another month to do that.
I'm so excited to have found this forum. I've been going it alone for so long!! Keep up the good work to all of you - it's so tough at first, but I've never felt better in all of my life. Also - I went down from a tight size 12 pants to a very loose size 8!! All of you - start saving your money for new jeans!!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jan-17-05, 19:31

Plan: ultimate new york body
Stats: 135/135/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default hey! new here!

i have just ordered this book and cant wait to receive it!! my husband and i will be doing this together. im a SAHM of an 8 month old and i am determined to get to my goal weight of 120lbs! (currently 135). i workout for an hour a day 6 days a week alternating between cardio/yoga and weight training every other day. my hubby has alot to lose and im hoping that by losing a decent amount in a short period of time will give him the motivation to kick his weight loss journey into full gear. im so glad that i found this site!!
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 10:17
Registered Member

Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi! I was just thumbing through this book yesterday at the bookstore and thought it looked like a great no-nonsense program (No 20 minutes a day and eat all you want empty promises, but instead forcing you to work hard!) However, I didn't look at the diet very closely. How low carb is it? I fell off Atkins over the 2 month holiday period and resulted in a 16 lb. gain. I need to lose over 20 lbs and have just started back on induction and an aerobic/lifting schedule. I like that low carb works for me, so my question is how many carbs a day does he suggest?
Oh and JENNIFERNI - I don't know how tall you are, but those are my EXACT stats! I'm at about 160 now, and in a loose 12 and am dying to get down to 135 and a size 6/8. Your post was so inspiring! Did you follow exactly to plan? Any additional advice would be most helpful, thank you! Good luck to all!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 14:07

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default New member

I have been on the NY Body Plan for a week and have lost 5 pounds and an inch everywhere (waist, hips, thighs). The cardio sculpting routine kills me (does anyone else find some of the moves with the stability ball difficult?) but I feel so good afterwards. I am enjoying most of the recipes (the turkey chili is awesome!). I must admit I am looking forward to having a glass of wine (or 4!) but I am really starting to feel in shape and the best I have for a while. Good luck everyone!
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 14:17

Plan: New york body plan
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5-9
BF:
Progress: 40%

In response to Hopeful15's question about how low carb is the UNYBP - it is pretty much no carb. For the first two weeks, you can't have alcohol, breads, carbs, dairy, extra sugars (including diet sodas!!!) and fats. Basically, your diet consists of egg whites, vegetables, turkey, chicken and fish. You can't use mayo, salad dressing or any type of sauce -- just a little dijon mustard and vinegar. He provides recipes and they are pretty good.
  #43   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 14:38
Registered Member

Stats: 158/149/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress:

wing1373-thanks for answersing my question - I am seriously considering this now - I may bike over to the book store and buy the book now. Is the routine hard to learn from the book? What all do you need? I hear the DVD is coming out? SHould I wait for that or just start now? Hmmm....I'm pretty motivated...maybe now.
thanks again for all advice!
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jan-18-05, 21:37

Plan: ultimate new york body
Stats: 135/135/120 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default david Kirschs exercise videos

Some of you were talking about davids exercise videos - heres a link to his fitness club website. From there you can order the videos - they look awesome by the way!!

http://store.yahoo.com/madisonsquar...oksnvideos.html
  #45   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 05:26

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

My Update:
Today is day 10 of my 2 week run this month. I have lost a bit a weight, esp in my stomach area. My offical weigh in is not until tomorrow morning so I dont know the poundage lost yet. Well see (I am hoping to hit 175...)

Hopeful15- For the program you will need a Physio ball (exercise ball) and a medicine ball. As for food, chicken, dijon mustard, fish, egg whites (i use egg beaters)

Good Luck!