Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 08:33

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%
Default Protein power pals- Tuesday, April 13

WOW, am i really the first one up today???!!!

Good morning all!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 08:39

I am feeling much much better today. Symptoms of easter weekend are almost gone. (just the lbs left....hehe). Yesterday i felt so ucky that i didn't even go to they gym. but then i felt guilty so i went and did some yardwork. boy, that is endless in my yard!!! i have done nothing for a couple of years except mow the grass. the blackberries and other weeds have decided to take up residence. so hack slash and poison!!! i want to look into planting some flowers and maybe some strawberries and a small veggie patch...but have no idea where to put it, or how to get started. other than to dig some dirt and put seeds in the ground. but, with my luck, nothing would grow!!! maybe i will start small. i really would like some strawberries.

yesterday's food was high in calories and fat, but okay carbwise. did me good to get some carbage out of my system!!

have a great tuesday!!! and WAKE UP!!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 08:41

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Acipenser - glad you are feeling better

My menu was low in calories yesterday, but otherwise good Weight this AM: 173 lbs.

Total calories: 1179
Fat: 53 gms 476 cal 42%
Sat: 11 gms 96 cal 14%
Poly: 18 gms 162 cal 17%
Mono: 22 gms 195 cal 17%
Carbs: 41 gms 119 cal 11% ECC: 29 gms
Fiber: 12 gms 0 cal 0%
Protein: 134 gms 537 cal 47%

Breakfast:
4 egg beater omelet with 2 ozs lean ham and 1 oz cheddar
Breakfast drink - 8 ozs water, 1 envelope sf gelatine, 1 scoop sf orange citrucel
30 ozs coffee (regular, brewed)

Lunch:
Tuna with mayo and celery

Snack: 2 TBS peanut butter

Dinner:
7 ozs ham - lean only eaten
.75 cup beets
7 baby carrots
1 cup steamed green beans
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%

Hi all,
Hope everyone had a great Easter. It was very quiet here as only our son living with us is close enough to be here. So I did our dinner on Good Friday. However, our daughter is arriving tomorrow so I thought I should update everyone before her arrival, or it would likely be another week. By the way, DD and her husband are expecting in late Oct. Since she's just doing chiropractic locums currently, they thought it would be a ideal time to start a family when when she's not trying to build a practice. This will be the first grandchild on both sides of the family. Since they live so far away, it won't have a big impact on me.
I'm still working away on my mixture of GI Diet and Sugarbusters which I am using as a sort of maintenance program. Somehow I managed to gain 3 lb.--no idea how. But on my weigh in on the weekend, I had lost half of that. I'm eating very little grains right now but a lot of fruit. And I'm enjoying it thoroughly. Think what it will be like in the summer and fall when I can eat locally produced fruit, instead of the imported variety. YUM!
DS who is living at home is taking a 2 week gov't sponsored class to help him find a job. Sort out what he's good at and his goals are, compose professional resume and cover letter and practise interviews. He has an interview later today for a temporary job managing a paint ball centre this summer. The owner's late father was a first cousin of my husband. At least this would provide some much needed cash until he sorts out where to go from here. His goal is to get back in missions, either in relief and development or using his photographic skills.
Erk! I'm making yogourt and I have to go and babysit it for a few minutes until it boils. This is for my daughter who uses whole milk yogourt. My own yogourt is made with powdered milk, so no scalding needed.
If I get a chance I'll come back and say hi to everyone.
Marjorie
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 12:13
Registered Member

Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%

Back again,
I was afraid I would lose my message if I just left it while I attended the yogourt. So I now have 15 minutes of peace before it needs my attention again.
Elaine, glad to know you are getting stronger by the day. It's hard to be patient, isn't it?
Unity, congratulations on the weight loss. You are doing just great!
Wendy, keep plugging along. We all have to find out what works for us. I feel the way I'm eating now is very healthy and certainly doable for life. Of course, there will be occasions when I eat off plan, but that's OK.
Renee, glad you've had no further spills on your hikes. And hope family situation settles down for you somewhat.
Tomorrow is my 1 year anniversary at Curves. I had already lost 14 lb. when I started there, but I've lost a lot of weight and am certainly in a lot better shape than I was a year ago.
Hi to everyone else.
Marjorie
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 12:42
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hi all!!! Just a quick stop thru.. looks like a busy day for most...love reading and catching up!

Have a great day.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 13:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/140/130 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Tuesday

Hi all!
Nasty cold rainy day here today (we sure needed the rain though!)
So I will have to find something to do instead of my planned walk. Maybe I'll check out my new Pilates for Dummies DVD that I haven't even LOOKED at yet. Can someone tell me if Pilates is really good for weight loss, or is it just mainly for strength training and "sculpting"? Lord knows I don't need to "sculpt" my fat areas...I need to LOSE them !!!!

Marjorie: I am so jealous that you get to go to curves. I wanted to do that here, but it's SO EXPENSIVE!!! !

Renee: Did you ever get the email I sent you? Sorry to hear about the nasty bite!

Hope everyone has a good day

Kat
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 13:48

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%

Hi all! Weather is rainy and cold here too I've now been back on CAD for a full week. I am holding steady at 147.5, which is 2 lbs under what I was last week at this time, although I was also on TOM. So things are going well in the eating dept. Going to turn leftover ham into sandwiches for dinner tonight. Yum!

Kat-I do Pilates mostly b/c I like the way it makes me feel. It helps to relax me but also works me out at the same time. I cannot say if it has helped with weightloss, but it certainly hasn't hurt. I keep telling myself that I am working toward that long, lean, dancer's body, but doubt that's really attainable. Well, I can dream, right?

Well, I have to go summon up the energy for my cardio today. The gloomy weather has me wanting to curl up in a little ball, but I must do it anyway!
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 14:42

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Exclamation

HELP!

I've fallen (off a wagon) and I can't get up!

Last edited by BawdyWench : Tue, Apr-13-04 at 15:14.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 15:06

Stats: 264/255.2/180 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 10%

Protein Power Pals Emergency Unit is being dispatched to Bawdy as we speak.

They also ought to come over to my house, I ate choc chip cookies today! Saving grace-they are made with whole wheat flour and Splenda, they're filling so don't eat that many.

However, the big story on Action News is that Elaine just did a 2 mile Walk Away the Pounds tape in addition to some very light weight training before breakfast this morning. I did the couch potato thing all day so had plenty of rest. It's rainy and miserable here, too, so can't walk outside but this weekend is supposed to be nice and warm!
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 16:17

bawdy.....step away from the chocolate bunny!!!!!

i am with you on falling off the wagon, but you need to join me and get back on!!!! you will feel so much better (i know i do) i ate off WAY WAY off plan fri sat and sun, started back clean on monday and WOW what a difference!!!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 16:59

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

brownie (1)
potato chips (small bowl)

oreo cookies (2)

potato chips (small bowl)

no bunnies
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 17:04

Hmmmmm.....it seems like there are a lot of the PP's in need of support right now. I'm here for you!!!! Tell me what you need....a shoulder to cry on?.....a big swift kick in the hiney?....you name it, I'm there I wonder if it is the recent holiday. Or maybe just the winter blahs not really stopping being blah just yet. This weather here stinks mighty fiersome, and it's really hard for it not to affect your outlook. Perhaps, we all need some kind of challenge, something we are working towards? Maybe individual goals that we post and report our progress in attaining? Just some ideas. I'm sure some of you others have ideas how to help those who have fallen get back on track again. I just want to let all you guys know, whether you are currently struggling or not, that you are all cared for and are an integral part of this group. Thanks!!
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 17:05

Bawdy-Well, bunnies would have at least given you a little protein, right?

Do you think it's the extra stress at work?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Apr-13-04, 17:57
Flutterby

Plan: All that make sense
Stats: 220/212/160 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 13%

love the rescue wagon!! I am feeling very unsatisfied myself today.. maybe I should go take a hot bath........