Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 20:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/155
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default 12 Hours in... Would like to find some people in the same boat...

...that boat being the weightloss seeking boat. I am here in good ol Northwest FLA and it is hard to find people who 'really' want to do this and stick to it. Also, for some reason people around you tend to try to sabotage things if they see a dramatic change...

I only get sabotaged when people start to notice I am losing weight. All of the attention seems a bit much... And I usually retreat back to my old habits. And that unwanted 'sexual' attention is enough to drive a girl nuts! Even at 245, I get sexual advances daily... It's like, can't you see my wall? Step back from the Wall of Fat.

So I get cold feet when it starts coming off...Any suggestions on how to combat that in my mind. I don't want to be a piece of meat, I have a wonderful man who loves me just like I am but I need to be healthy and the only way to do that is to lose this weight.

Help!

-ginger
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 21:03

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Thumbs up

Oooh, I know all about self-sabotaging. I'd love to be able to know *why* I do it, but for now I'm just taking it day by day and being extra careful not to fall into old habits (oddly enough, today was a bad day, lol). Looks like we've started out at nearly the same place and have the same goal!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 21:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/245/155
BF:
Default Sabotage....

I am comfortable with my self and my weight. I can feel the jealousy seeping out if people when they think "what if she loses it all this time"... Competition? Nah! I just want to be happy and healthy.

Hopefully I will find some wonderful support here and give some as well.

I recently lost 10 pounds and that was enough to get the cat calls a roaring ... At work no doubt, but I fixed that and gained back 5. Really, who's that hurting... Duh...me!

So I will work on it...Dieting just requires so much self absorbsion and I get weird, driven. In a dieting cacoon mode. Compulsion.

I wish all I had to do was be an actress or model and focus on my body fulltime instead of 'working' in the real world.

Make any sense? I am babbling, time to go to sleep.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe we'll talk tomorrow & good luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-23-03, 21:42

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 184/184/165 Female 5' 6"
BF:no clue
Default Re: Sabotage....

Quote:
Originally posted by sultanofsn

I wish all I had to do was be an actress or model and focus on my body fulltime instead of 'working' in the real world.

Make any sense? I am babbling, time to go to sleep.

Thanks for your reply. Maybe we'll talk tomorrow & good luck!!

Especially if you're getting paid for it! I'd love to chat, just drop me a PM. Good luck to you too!