Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Feb-13-08, 13:57
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 152/139/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 59%
Unhappy Atkins 4 months, haven't lost anything in the last 2 months

I've hesitated to post because from reading all of the threads, I have a good feeling of what people will recommend. It's all good advice, but I guess I'm still looking for that "a-ha!" to make sense of everything again...or some motivation. Anything, really!

I started Atkins almost 4 months ago (4 months exactly, next Wed), but haven't lost anything for the last 2 months. Despite such a long stall, I haven't had one day off-plan, even through the holidays! Note also, I have not lost inches. All my clothes still fit the same/same size in everything.

Maybe my downfall is I don't track everything in My Plan, but the thing is, my food intake hardly varies (maybe a problem?). When I do try to find things in My Plan, it almost always varies from the nutrition info on the package, so it is just too much time to enter in online when I'm seeing how many carbs, etc are in it straight from the package.

A typical day consists of:
Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 cups coffee each w/ 1 pkt splenda and 2 T (measured) half and half

Lunch: either leftover meat from dinner (like chicken, hamburger meat patty, or steak) or often times if no leftovers, I have 1-2 cheesesticks with a 1.5 oz package of almonds.

Dinner: Most nights I treat myself to a steak, or I will have 2 chicken breasts dipped in mustard. For a side dish I almost always have a salad with a homemade lowcarb dressing, topped with blue cheese

Dessert: one square baking chocolate (2g net, 4 total)

I drink plenty of water, hot green tea, and 1-2 diet dr. peppers a day

2-3 nights a week I drink either wine, plain martinis, or bourbon on the rocks. Most people will say to avoid alcohol (I have read all of those threads), but the thing is I drank the whole time I was losing, so I find it hard to believe that it is the thing keeping me from losing. As a trial in weeks' past, I have not drank a thing for 2 weeks and the scale did not move then, either.

This last week I saw all the threads on IF, but I tried it for 2 days and felt miserable. Maybe something to work up to, but at the same time I feel like it doesn't represent the kind of lifestyle I want.

One more thing (sorry, this is getting so long!)
I am feeling so overwhelmed by all the conflicting/varying advice on this forum, such as:
-Drink more water. Other times, don't drink more than 4 cups a day.
-Use coconut oil. Coconut oil causes stalls.
-Eat more veggies. Don't eat any veggies.
-Have less calories. Eat more calories.
-etc, etc, etc.

I am very committed to this WOE, but my positive spirit is disappearing. Any ideas?

**Edit: One more note. I recently tried the fat fast for 2 days but stopped because my weight jumped up!**

Thank you so much, and sorry for the long post!

Last edited by wordcrush : Wed, Feb-13-08 at 14:22.
Sponsored Links