Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jul-23-03, 21:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/229/180 Female 73"
BF:Mostly
Progress: 0%

Hello, and thanks to you all for the welcome. It's been a very busy day, so I'm off to bed early tonight, see you all tomorrow.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:05
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Yeah! Weighed this morning and the scale said I was down a pound! Only 40.50 more to go! I guess it's one bite at a time!
  #93   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:23

Congratulations! Every pound is cause for celebration!

And good morning!

It's a really beautiful morning here, going to have a high of 89 degrees, by which time I'll be back in bed preparing to work a night shift tonight.

Hope and pray that all of you have a really great day in the Lord ~

Deb
  #94   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 08:46
Registered Member

BF:

OK - how do I change the weight in my profile? I know it's only one pound but by golly I want to post it! - I clicked on the "my profile" but it would not let me change it. Any suggestions?
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 09:05

Go up to 'profile', click it, then click on 'profile' again on the user control bar, scroll down and you'll see the stats. Make sure you finish up by submitting the changes down at the bottom, or nothing will change.

I change mine also, celebrate every pound like a new found friend!

Last edited by FionaMcB : Thu, Jul-24-03 at 09:08.
  #96   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 10:26

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Shalizbet

I will pray for you and the other member.

I sure liked what you wrote about God refining us in spirit and body. You are so right. I think the biggest change must be that of our heart, and everything else will follow.

I'm personally trying to get my eyes off myself (physcially) and worry more about what God sees about me (inner spirit). I can worry all my life about what the world sees and ignore the most important thing, that is what God sees.

God's definitely got me in His refining fire!! It's "hot" but I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.
  #97   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 11:43

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

I agree with that. Sometimes I feel kind of not right about wanting to be thin again, but then I think that Jehovah God would want me to be me and not look like someone else. I looked at my before pics and now pics and I could not believe the difference. I will always dress modestly and be myself, just thinner.
  #98   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 18:51
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks FionaMcB for the info on changing my profile. - I got it done.

As for how Jehovah wants us to look- I believe He wants us to be healthy and live a long time so we can do His service. My goal isn't to look like a super model, but instead to not be so consumed with being self-conscious when I walk by a mirror in the store. - I want to look good not just for me but for my DH.
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jul-24-03, 20:30
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Congratulations, Cleanheart, on your loss!

I lost another pound today and am feeling really blessed about it!

My workshop presentation went really well today; I felt really upheld and thanks to all for the prayer. I haven't gotten a chance to hunt for the post about the hand pain, so am continuing in prayer for her.

I want to be my appropriate weight for lots of reasons:
I want my working wardrobe to fit so I don't have to spend my family's money on new clothes.
I know that when I'm at the right weight for me----which really isn't terribly small or slender---that I'm a better servant because I'm not all depressed about the issue.
Last, after being at about the same healthy weight for a long time I don't feel like myself when I'm not----which again adds to the tendency to be depressed. Depression is, of course, being really spiritually out of condition.

I can't believe the Lord doesn't want us to be good stewards of our temples, but I do think you all are wise to be thoughtful about avoiding vanity. I need to watch my heart, too.

Hi to you, Randisue. I see you're on!

Many blessings to all! G'night. Here in Eastern Std Time, I'm heading off to bed to be rested for the last day of my workshop.
  #100   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 06:18

Plan: Carb Cycle
Stats: 185/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Wow

Gone for a few days and LOOK pages of updates to read. I got some news. DH and I are also fosterparents. Wed. we got a 3 week old gorgeous girl She is so beautiful. We took her to church to have her prayed over wed. nite.

Went to the dr on thursday. They instructed me on diet. Guess what it is. 6-8 servings of protein a day, this size (she held out her hand). Carbs make you fat faster, be careful. No more than two small glasses of juice, they make you fat faster, the fruit is better. 8 glasses of water everyday. (Sound familiar!)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day in the Lord. God Bless!
  #101   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 11:08

I am so happy for you. I did that years ago, and I really enjoyed it. Your stats look really good. Best of every thing for your family.
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 15:14
Contributing Member

Plan: Zone
Stats: 150/142/136 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:30%/26%/23%
Progress: 57%

Kathy, how wonderful! A tiny baby in the house must be such a treat! Will keep you all in prayer! The visit to the dr. is pretty ironic. It has taken the medical profession so long to get there. My dr. is a sweetheart, but I have watched her battle her weight all the years I've gone to her and it hasn't always been a suuccessful battle for her. She did, however, respect the results the LC plan produced. Have fun with your little one.
  #103   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:17

BF:

Kathy: Congratulations on the baby! What an exciting things that God has blessed you. We'll pray for even more strength and that the baby has a peaceful countenance (and sleeps all night, every night).

Shalizbet: I'm with you about wanting to be at an appropriate weight. I've been praying about the potential of being more in the public eye (for reasons I won't get into). Anyway I feel strongly that my outward appearance is important. No need to look like a model, but also should not look like someone out of control.
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 20:20

BF:

Has anyone else had this problem?: When I was thin I was obssess with everyone looking at me. I worried about how I walked, stood, moved. And I hated walking out in public because men would stare (I used to look quite nice). In my BC Days (before Christ) it was a great boost to my "ego." But now I'm concerned, I'm self conscious and certainly want to the thin with a pure heart and not focused on self.

Can anyone relate to this at all????
  #105   ^
Old Fri, Jul-25-03, 21:21

Yes, I know where you are coming from. I too want to look thin, but not want others to look my way. Of course at my age I don't think that would happen. I have been wearing loose fitting cloths for years, and plan to keep doing so. Long shirts past my behind, and baggy pants. Shirts up my neck. My DH likes me to dress that way ever since I have known him back in 81.