Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-10, 07:07

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Lightbulb Mirror Image Reflections

Two days ago, I was brushing my teeth with my 4 year old son. My mind was wandering as I thought of all I needed to accomplish that day. I happened to look back into the mirror and noticed my son making some funny expressions and tilting his head this way and that way. I spit and then he spit. Then we both laughed. I resumed my brushing and he did too. Then he started making the expressions again and I started to laugh until I realized that he was imitating me. It reminded me that our children are always watching us and wanting to be like us. We can tell them something, but if it doesn't line up with the way we live our lives, then it means very little to them. My desire to get healthy and to lose weight took on a renewed sense of urgency. I want the long family history of obesity to stop with me. I'm doing this for me, but I also realize that what I do for myself has a dramatic effect on the lives my children will lead. What a responsibility! I'm ready for it.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-07-11, 01:25

Plan: My own low-carb rules
Stats: 190/180/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 20%

Yes! This is why I plan to restart low-carb again after my second is born in Feb. Just looking at photos of myself, and I have become a cow, even before this current pregnancy. It has limited my activity level, and I am not serving as a good role model of health for my child (soon children). Thanks for reminding me of why it's important to be healthy & lose excess weight!