Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:
Default The "David Boston" Diet

I dont know if any of you are football fans, or are familiar with the Ohio State product and now Miami Dolphins Wide Reciever, David Boston. Any way, he went from 210 and 11% BF to his heaviest point of 265 an only 4% BF. He achieved this in a very short time. Basically he busted his arse in the gym and ate a strict diet, and supplemented with massive amounts of vitamins and nutrients. Anyway, he has been tested like 10 times for steroid use and has never tested positive. He and his trainer/nutritionalist, which by the way he pays $250,000 per year to live with him 24/7, even on road trips, that his Growth Hormone levels are just so high because of his diet and exercise program. They claim the his GH levels are higher than anyone who even takes the prescription stuff. His diet basically consists of very low fat foods such as, lean fish, chicken, egg whites, many protein shakes, green veggies, during the day. Then at night, he spikes his insulin with a cup of high GI berries. Normally, the average person could not perform at a high level, such as an NFL game with a low carb diet. But because his GH levels are "off the charts", he can. Now this diet takes a rediculuos (not sure about the spelling), and there can never be cheating, not even a piece of cheese or fatty meat, or it will screw you up. It also takes around 45 days to start seeing and feeling results. Not sure if I am that patient. Sounds like it might be a New Years Resolution for me. Anyway, just thought I'd give you guys an example of a famous person using a LC plan. I hope you enjoyed.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 14:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 85%

His performance has been sh*t for the past 2 years dude, the guy should be a body builder not a football player.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 14:07

Plan: TKD - semi low carb
Stats: 260/238/210 Male 76
BF:??%/28%/15%
Progress: 44%

He'll be very lean while he sits on the bench with a cast all season. Not sure what he broke but all that low carb eating didn't help...

He was awesome on my fantasy league a few years back.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 14:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 350/205/180 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 85%

He just got to into body building, he was faster with the Cards and while he's powerful now he just dosen't have the agility he used to.

It's either the weight or just a lack of concentration on the game, he'll never do what he did in AZ again.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-20-04, 20:39
Registered Member

Plan: CKD
Stats: 285/220/190 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

I agree about him being too heavy. You still got to give it to him. Do you think Ronnie Coleman could run a 4.4 at 260 (which he weighed in at, and he ran exactly one month before his first camp with the Chargers) ? Not even possible. David still has the speed and agility, and yes maybe he does have too much muscle for his frame, but he's the size of a pass rusher with the speed and athleticism of a Roy Williams or Sean Taylor, or dare I say Michael Vick? He still has "it" and probably more considering his work ethic is the best its ever been. His workout regimen is not that of a bodybuilder, but of that will build the perfect body for football. Yes he should get down to atleast the size of a 'backer, to cut the likeliness of injury. But his success will depend on heart. Besides the point of the post was not on the performance of David Boston, rather the progress his physique has displayed based on a LC plan and intense workouts. I will be back to add more to this later, but for now, so long. Please, more people should respond to this.
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 19:38

Plan: TNTDIET
Stats: 327/234/220 Male 74
BF:
Progress: 87%

He takes GH just like a ton of other professionals do, add that with knowing when to inject isuline and you dont have to use steroids to be anabolic like that.

Sorry if I am a skeptic.