Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 12:16
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I haven't paid a cent for BFL.... that I didn't want to. I used a friends weights for my first challenge (and could have continued to do so). I have not used any supplements.

The proof is in the pictures (and how you feel) after doing bfl. I was amazed when I went out to buy some jeans this weekend. At 188 lbs. I'm wearing a size 12. I've NEVER worn a size 12 at this weight. I might have fit a 12 when i was at 175. BFL has changed the shape of my body - I've got muscles where I've never had them before.

And best of all I fell great - and get more compliments on how I look than I ever have before.

You can do BFL for free.... the results you get are equal to what you put into the program.

K
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-27-04, 15:30
Get’n Skinny

Plan: BFL
Stats: 255/211/190 Male 73  (6'1")
BF:40%/30%/lower
Progress: 68%

Hey Nets, I just checked out your Gallery. Just the difference in your face is an incredible accomplishment. I agree, What you put into it is what you get out of it. I just started my second round and I’m looking forward to another good one. You’re doing a great job!

-Dave

BTW – do you really have a beer a day?
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Aug-19-04, 06:48

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi! New here, but I completed a 12-week BFL challenge a couple years ago, and then slowly faded back to my old ways. Thinking about starting it up again.

ANYWAY, that's not why I'm posting.

I just picked up my BFL book that I bought several years ago, and it has that band around it with all the before and after shots. In large print it says, "77,311 people have already transformed their bodies and lives in as little as 12 weeks."

Note that it says, "in as little as 12 weeks." I definitely believe that some of the transformations could be accomplished in 3 months, but not all.

That said, it is a great program, though I don't agree with the nutrition part. I think the nutrition plan will work for some people, but when you've been LCing for as long as I have been and keeping those carbs in the 30 range, you simply can't jump them up to where Phillips says to be. When I tried that, I started gaining steadily (though still working out) and finally just dropped the exercise. (I know. Dumb.)

So, you may start seeing me around this forum. Be warned!
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 11:29
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....
Progress: 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by fridayeyes
Tornado - same trainer, same set of calipers, 10 days apart for the 'ending' measurement, same BF results. For the beginning number, same gym, same calipers, different trainer, but backed up with tape measure data and averaged to reduce error. And yes, net loss of 13 lbs. Go find the pics, lol. It looks like a helluva lot more than 13 lbs.

Friday

Do you have some before and after pics for us???
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 14:18

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%

#21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 14:52
Krazy Karb Kel

Plan: south beach/atkins
Stats: 174/154/135 ? Female 5 feet or so
BF:not sure....