Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, Jan-02-02, 18:07

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 173/150/135
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default Thanks

Thanks, everyone. It's really nice to hear from you.

Fern: I know you're going to do great on your new CKD. I want to read all about it!

Joyful: Yes, if it's a comfort to you that I've completely failed (LOL) then that's fine with me. I hope soon we'll both be back in a groove and doing what's good for us.

Wendy: Thanks for reminding me how far I've come. Still, I wish I could have made better use of the last four weeks!

-- Missydog
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 13:57

BF:

Well, it's Saturday (a day I always consider the start of the week) and I'm actually feeling a new surge of desire for some sort of exercise and eating regime. I'm making some changes, though. No more of this trying to run three miles five days in a row. I'm of an age where I must take care of my knees, not to mention my mental health. From now on it's going to be walking/hiking, indoor cycling, weights, yoga, and THAT'S IT. Once in a while I might get out to hike some stadium stairs. I'll see. Today I hiked three miles in some hills and then did yoga. I feel great. And isn't that what life's all about.

Missydog
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 11:21

BF:

I got out and did another 3-mile hike around the hills of Westwood. I'm actually a bit sore from yesterday's long walk and the yoga, which I haven't done for some time. I'm just taking things in little steps. I started low-carbing again yesterday, and I haven't gotten to the point of feeling good about it yet. But I'm doing it. I hope I do some other kind of exercise today, either yoga or weight lifting. Of course, it would be even better if I did both of those, but like I said, one step at a time...

Missydog
  #94   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-02, 05:37

BF:

Well, I lifted weights yesterday, for the first time since my surgery (which was way back on December 3!). It felt good to get back into it, and I am sore today. I hope I do some kind of cardio workout today, either cycling or a hike or some stadium stairs. I'm still low-carbing, trying not to think about it too much or I might decide to quit. Don't want that to happen.

Missydog
  #95   ^
Old Thu, Jan-10-02, 14:15

Plan: Schwarzbein prin
Stats: 158/155/120
BF:
Progress:

Agree with the 'feeling good is what it's all about. Feels a lot better and makes a lot more positive impression on ourselves than 'my body's getting older and it won't let me do ______. '

I have a new creedo-- a woman's got to know her limitations. (Taken from Clint Eastwood).

Seriously, good for you for getting back into your lifting. What's your new feeling about lo-carb? Did I miss something?

Well, youngest son just called-have to go pick him up. Will check your gym log soon!

YB
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 21:55

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hey Missydog!
Haven't seen you around in a bit. Just wondering how things are going?

Linda