Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-29-10, 07:28

Plan: CAD
Stats: 235/221.0/145 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default Losing very slowly and/or gaining!

Hi all

I posted a while back in what I think may have been the wrong section.

I lose a pretty significant amount of weight pretty quickly with my first go around at low carb a few years back. I was on the original version of CAD. Fast forward a few years and I've gained all but about 20lbs of the weight back by simply going off plan. I'm back on CAD now but I'm barely losing anything at all, and in fact I'll sometimes wake in the morning having gained a pound or two. I've been strictly back on CAD since April 7th and haven't even lost 10 lbs yet. When I first started CAD a few years ago I was losing 3-4 lbs a day in the beginning and it was staying off consistently. The difference then was, I was not really exercising. I started working out after I was down about 60lbs and took off about 40 more total.

In the time since I gained the weight back I've come to really enjoy my HIIT cardio workouts 2-3x a week, plus weight training to tone my upper body a bit and some midsection/ab work. Nothing major on the weights but significant enough to sometimes feel a bit of a burn the next day.

As I said, I'm barely losing anything sticking to plan and working out like this. Could exercise be impeding my ability to lose weight? Should I stop working out, stick to plan, and see what happens? Has anyone had any experiences like this?

It just doesn't make any sense to me.

Thanks for reading.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 15:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 195/164/168 Male 65
BF:
Progress: 115%

DONT QUIT EXERCISING!! lol. exercise will make you feel so much better. when you are working out with weights and even cardio, you are building up muscle(which weighs a lot more than fat) and if you have any muscle-memory, meaning you have been stronger/more fit in the past, its going to build up quickly. Make sure to measure yourself, cuz in the end you just want to look good and be healthy right? Personally if I weighed 300lbs, but was healthy and had a mean six pack i wouldnt care lol.
Good luck with losing the inches, hope i was helpful