Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 15:08
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I'm new here

Hi everyone!

I started on the Atkins low carb diet this past Monday, July 16th. I've been on the died before and lost but got bored with the selection of food and went back to trying to eat low fat which always leaves me feeling hungry all the time. The thing I do like about the Atkins diet is I do lose weight, I have more energy, and I'm not hungry all the time. There are times I really crave something sweet and I go to one of the local Health Food stores and get a Carb-o-lite candy bar..they are great but cost $3.00 for one bar..a high price to pay for something sweet. I have a question if someone knows the answer please e-mail me. On the Atkins diet he prefers you have no caffeine for the first 2 weeks...do we really have to cut out caffeine to lose the weight? It really feels good to be able to talk about weight loss with other people that are on the same diet.

See ya later!

Diane
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 16:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi diane and welcome! when i first started lowcarbing over 2 years ago i drank decaf for the first 2 weeks. i eventually started drinking reg. caf again and still lost weight. now i just drink decaf. i have anxiety problems and i've read that caffeine is bad for me. i'd say stay with the caffeine. if you find you're doing everything else right and not losing weight, then switch to decaf.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 17:45
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/140/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

Hi Diane, I also started on Monday and this is also my second time on Atkins.

It's good that we are both making the decision to start again. It's always tough to actually start. I have been wanting to start again for about 5 weeks but kept coming up with excuses. Finally enough was enough.

I'm not sure about your coffee question for sure but I can give you my personal experience. I have always been able to lose with caffeine but I think it might be an individual thing.

Anyways...good luck to you.

Jennifer