Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 21:41

Plan: 20 - 30 grams carbs
Stats: 219/219/130 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Fell off wagon

Can someone pull me back up on the wagon please?

Grrr I am so mad at myself!!! I was baking pies for a bake sale and very absentmindedly I grabbed some raw dough to sample it. All the sudden I went from happy ketosis to GET IN MY MOUTH, DOUGH! I ate lots. Then I ate a cookie at Starbucks. Later, a burger and lastly, leftover cheesecake mix. This was over the course of a day and a half... and the whole time I tell myself "one more... just one more..." OMG I'm such a liar to myself but I ALWAYS fall for it "OK just one more"

What is so disheartening is how addictive carbs are That one bite of dough made me into a carb heroine addict (not to make light of drug addiction). Unlike heroine though, carbs are all around us. It's actually more difficult to avoid carbs than to obtain them (unlike drugs)! I'd much prefer cake were sold in the dead of night on a shady street corner across the tracks. Maybe then I'd think twice before shoving it in my face!

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 21:57

Plan: IF
Stats: 198.5/178/140 Female 60"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Ok, you messed up and now you 'fessed up so get back in the saddle and dig in your heels! Sweets do seem to lead to more sweets so it has been said to have something sour instead, like a pickle! You don't have to give in or give up. Take it one day at a time, one meal at a time and one situation at a time. You can do it. Just say NO!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 22:35

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Everybody messes up once in a while. Just get back on track and anything you gained will be water weight and will come right back off.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-21-14, 23:04

Plan: 20 - 30 grams carbs
Stats: 219/219/130 Female 5'6"
BF:

Yay thanks for the encouragement and tips Momma Bear, love the sour foods tip I'm gonna try that.

I'm back on the wagon with a cauliflower and cheese bake - Yum!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-14, 08:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

I use the drug analogy a lot, too. And again, I'm certainly not making light of it. I'd rather be a carb addict than a heroin addict, but the point is that a recovering heroin addict can remove him/herself from the lifestyle and environment. Your coworkers, your family, your friends, and the government aren't convinced that heroin is a necessary part of a healthy lifestyle.

Mistakes happen: what can you do differently next time? Could you maybe prepare something that is unappealing to you? Do you even need to bake: is there some other way you could volunteer to contribute? If you really want to bake, can you make yourself an indulgent "safe" food first?
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Nov-22-14, 09:10

Plan: Low carb.
Stats: 190/183/146 Female 63.5
BF:
Progress: 16%

Take my hand, back you come onto the wagon, quite a climb I know but you'll make it.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-14, 09:58
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 220/211/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 11%

Fat No Mor,

I'm in the same boat. I have been really struggling this last week. I'm not sure if it is anxiety about the holidays or our vehicle problems or if it is hormonal. But I've been craving foods like crazy. And have lost some ground. I've really tried to stay low/semi low carb through this time. My problem is eating to much jerky, cream cheese, cream, some homemade popcorn, etc. I did splurge and have potatoes one night.

I think that it is easier, like the others said, to just stick with it and not give into those cravings. Keep going... Let's stick with this for the long haul. We may fall down, but if we pick ourselves back up and keep going... we can finish the race.

Accountability helps me a lot. So, I'll be checking in to see how you are doing.

Have a great day!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-14, 14:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:

How are you doing today? Like everyone else says, the key is to turn a one (or four?) day mistake into a single incident and not a reason to give up. I've fallen and gotten back up any number of times (but try not to do it again, since the getting back up is tough ;-)