Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  And I asked myself, How did I get here?

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-01, 13:12
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks B!

I should update the story. It was written about a year ago. Got to find a full body shot though...

I too, still have both kidneys and my liver!

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-27-01, 00:46

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 147/128/118 Female 5'3''
BF:?/18/17
Progress: 66%
Default Yes!

Please do (update) and add more pics.

I love reading the success stories and really appreciate the updates so that I can see that people really can and do maintain their new weight (and kidneys and livers )!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 18:22

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Hi Karen,

I LOVED your success story and your style of writing. There was so much I identified with that I was alternately laughing and shaking my head. You hit it right on the nail, I think, with the phrase "white death". That was me. But I am so thankful that I have found my way to a (mostly) peaceful existence and a WOE that I can live with very happily. I, too, had my dreadful long flirtations with Dr. Ornish and Dr. Pritikin and both left me fatter, sadder, and eventually a full-fledged Type II Diabetic.

Fortunately I had the wisdom to invite some new doctors into my life: Atkins, Eades, Bernstein & Schwarzbein.
Thanks so much for posting your story.

Natalie

Attached Images
File Type: gif cat3.gif (1.5 KB, 189 views)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-13-03, 11:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 300/255/200 Female 5 feet 3 and a half inchs
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default Wow do I relate to your story

Your life story sounds so much like mine. I started the atkins diet 2 days ago. Reading your story helped me. Thanks. Now i know I can do it to.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Dec-03-10, 05:07

Plan: F. A.
Stats: 343/136/140 Female 66
BF:Dunno (or care)
Progress: 102%
Default You have an inspiring story, Karen

Karen, I, too, understand the references to your H.P. I think we are eating the same things. I used to be 343 pounds and a size 6X. Now I am 136 pounds and a size 6/8. That's what our program will do for us.

Have you ever taken out a frozen pie, and been unable to wait for it to defrost, and eaten it frozen? I have.

Have you ever driven through the window at KFC, and ordered four meals - all four yourself? I have. And I was so crazy that I ordered four drinks I didn't want to go with it so the clerk wouldn't know it was all for me.

All that is gone now. I accepted that I have a disease, and that there are specific foods that set me off. I just don't eat those foods. I've been on my food plan since July 2007 and maintaining since May 2009.

I used to have a closet full too-small clothes - wardrobes in 6 different sizes because I was always going to lose the weight someday and be able to wear those clothes again. Now I have ONE size of clothes in the closet. When I took out my winter clothes, I did not have to worry about whether or not they would fit. They did and I knew they would.

Imagine a life without obsessing over food. A life of sane and happy usefulness. It happened!

Patience4

Article tools