Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 12:41

Plan: combination of Dr Atkins and Dr Yudkins(from did you ever see a fat squirrel)
Stats: 244/244/130
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy Is this where I belong?

Hi everyone, I'm new to this chat and forum stuff but I feel that it's time to try something, because I just can't do it alone.

I am 33 years old and have been overweight all my life. In my teens I had a weight loss success with low carb diet and lost 45lbs. I was still overweight by a great deal but managed to keep my weight the same until now with little or no effort.

I had convinced myself that I could be happy with who I was a 200lbs but I was just kidding myself.

Recently I have started to put on more weight and very quickly, I have gained nearly 50lbs just since the begining of the year and it scares me . I have decided to go back on the low carb diet that brought me some success before. It was the only thing that worked at all for me. I know however that I need some support and to be with others who are struggling with the same thing.

I'm hoping this is the place I belong and that we can help each other in this journey.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 12:51
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the forum Suzie!

Who on earth is Dr. Yudkins?

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 15:02

Plan: Atkins/CAD/PP
Stats: 178/172/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default You can do it!

Okay, I was not in the movie, "Waterboy." But if you really want to lose the weight, I believe you will accompolish it. Low carbing is quite easy. After a few days, the feeling of "needing" carbs goes away. You don't feel hungry all the time like you do with low fat diets. I have tried everything. The only thing I have lost weight with was low carbing. I have decided to make it my woe- way of eating. I will continue to low carb for the rest of my life. Right now, I am in the intro where carbs are to a minimum, but when I lose the weight, I will be able to eat enough carbs to make me even happier.

Believe, half the battle is starting. And don't let anyone sabotage your plan!Plan ahead when going out, know in the back of your mind what you want to order. Low carbing is eay when you eat out. You can have a large steak, green veggies, and garden salad with ranch dressing.

So, I hope I have answered your question,"Is this where I belong?" I think that if you want to, you will be a sucessful "loser" and be very happy here!(-:

Joni
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 15:28
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 175/175/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I think this is where we belong

My situation is a little different than yours.. I was very thin as a teen but, after having children I am now at 165lbs. and I feel terrible. I just started the Atkins Diet this week..I am craving sweets like crazy..with 3 boys at home we have all kinds of sweet stuff it is very hard. I love a drink call Sun-drop it is like a coke but has a citrus taste and has lots of caffiene...I want to get off caffiene but sun-drop does not make a drink that is caffiene free. Do you know if we really have to get off caffiene to lose weight on this low carb diet. I hope we don't that is going to be harder than giving up chocolate. Help!!! I do think we are at the right place.

Diane
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-01, 16:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/162/135
BF:
Progress: 0%

hi souzie and welcome aboard! you've definitely come to the right place! this is such a wonderful site!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-01, 15:28

Plan: Atkins/CAD/PP
Stats: 178/172/145
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Response to Diane

Diane,

I am not off of Caffeine. Although, I only drink one cup of sugar- free coffee a day. Maybe on a special occassion, I will have a diet coke, but that's it. And the diet has been working for me.

I know that it's challenging with all those sweets in the house, but you can do it. Think of how wonderful you are going to look and feel after getting to your goal. At least, you may have one thin picture of yourself to strive to. I don't know what I will look like when I am done, but I sure know how I am going to feel---Absolutely wondeful!!!
Good Luck!

Joni