Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  GOAL! Less than 9 months, 100 pounds are gone! Updated Pictures...

View Article Article tools
  #61   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 310/247/165 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi there! I've wanted to email you personally to ask you some quesions about your weight loss, but I have to wait until I write 25 posts, which I believe I will hit after I send this message. I don't know if you check this board but I will look for you else where or email you. I'm amazed at your results and want to follow in your footsteps. Talk to you soon.
Samantha
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 01:24
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%

geema- that's just WONDERFULLY AWESOME! EXTREME KUDOS TO U! Yeah grandkids are the best! I have 2-
here's something just for you! Wish I could send a dozen!!!

#63   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 03:32
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb(my own)Pregnant
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 21%

WOW what a change you have made!!!! you are an inspiration and WTG
  #64   ^
Old Fri, Jul-20-07, 06:27

Plan: Paleo/Organic Fat Flush
Stats: 193/176/145 Female 5'4.5"
BF:42/31/24
Progress: 35%

Congrats! You look great!
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-07, 21:17

Stats: 212/200/165 Female 5 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%

Gee-Ma, I loved reading your story. The photos are amazing. You are such an inspiration! Thank you. Anne
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 05:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 154/154/132 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress:

hi, i have a question. did you follow atkins program? did you notice that while doing the program the pounds melt away but if you "cheated" once then you gainned a lot in one day?
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jul-30-07, 11:33

Plan: lc
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 71%

Thank you so much for posting your story and pictures. I just signed up for this site and am trying to decide between Atkins and Protein Power. Saw your post and just wanted to tell you that you have really inspired me. You look beautiful, way to go!

Last edited by bellaflora : Fri, Aug-03-07 at 16:26.
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 20:38

Stats: 286/159/186 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by vassiliki
hi, i have a question. did you follow atkins program? did you notice that while doing the program the pounds melt away but if you "cheated" once then you gainned a lot in one day?

Yes, I am on Atkins and have followed the program since May 2006. The pounds did melt away really fast the first 8 months or so, then of course things started slowing down more and more. It was as if my body said "I am holding on to the weight, you've lost enough now stop" As hard as I try, I am losing only 5 pounds or so now a month. I am very happy with that!

I've cheated a few times, maybe 3 times I think. Oh yea, the next day the scales would show it too. It's mostly water weight and that comes off once you get right back on Atkins. I just start induction for a few days.

I have to tell myself everyday....ever single day....this wol is "forever" I've lost weight over the years so many times just to gain it all back, and more. I cannot do that again. I know it would be so easy for me to go back to my old eating habits, so I can't let myself slip but a few times, lol. I like wearing a size 8 too much

#69   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-07, 22:22

Stats: 308/308/200 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

yeah for you again !
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-07, 16:21
one day at a time

Plan: south beach
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Gee-Ma: Congratulations on your success...wow...I've re-read your story a few times now in preparation for my own Atkins journey, so thank you for sharing such an inspirational tale. And your pics are fantastic!
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-07, 21:23

Plan: I just cut the whites out
Stats: 240/240/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress:

Thanks so much for the motivation.

Congrats! You look great!
  #72   ^
Old Mon, Aug-13-07, 13:01

Plan: DANDR + '72
Stats: 250/214/139 Female 5' 7.5"
BF:
Progress: 32%

You are so inspiring - thank you so much for posting - 67lbs seems very acheviable now!
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-07, 10:57
Registered Member

Stats: 264/167/165 Female 178cm
BF:43%/35%/20%/18%
Progress: 98%

If you ever come to the forum and read this, I would love to hear your comments on skin shrinkage, or did you have to get help in any way? I have lost 76 lbs and already feel like everything is just going south instead of inward, and I feel cheated after putting so much effort into this, not to be able to wear a bikini in summer. Well done girl, you are an inspiration!!!
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-07, 08:11

Stats: 286/159/186 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 127%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosina
If you ever come to the forum and read this, I would love to hear your comments on skin shrinkage, or did you have to get help in any way? I have lost 76 lbs and already feel like everything is just going south instead of inward, and I feel cheated after putting so much effort into this, not to be able to wear a bikini in summer. Well done girl, you are an inspiration!!!

Hi Rosina First of all, you look fantastic! 76 pounds is amazing!

I know just what you mean about everything going south My problem area is mainly my neck, I have a turkey neck now. My arms are another problem, I have bat wings now. I've exercised for the last 8 months or so, I have a Tony Little gazelle I bought off of craigs.list.com and I would recommend that to anyone. I have a balance ball and an ab chair as well as several exercise videos. I do a lot of walking, 3 miles a day. I know the walking helped me a great deal but I pushed that too far. I think all the exercise I've done has really helped my stomach. You can tell in my pictures I posted on here that it's really a difference. In my last picture I posted on here, I had my "spanx" on...lol I've seen 2 plastic surgeons about my neck. I am going to another one this Tuesday. Now I just have to win the lottery!

I feel cheated too! About 3 months ago my right knee started hurting after I walked. It would have been SO EASY for me to make yet more excuses to not walk or do any exercise. When I weighed almost 300 pounds my excuse was my ankles hurt (and they did) or it's too hot outside to walk, too cold, or I'm just so tired I really couldn't walk more than 5 minutes without having to sit down. So.... the more weight I lost, the more I felt like I could exercise more, especially walking.

Last week I went to see my doctor about my knee. I told him for so many years I've made excuses not to exercise and I wasn't trying to get out of it saying my knee hurt, lol. He took several xrays and told me I had to have a knee replacement, it was that bad. SO, there I was sitting in his office thinking how the heck can this be? I've lost all this weight and now my knee goes out? My doctor told me for so many years my knee's had to support all my weight and even though I had lost a lot of weight I had the same knee's...(well, doh!) Now, after all the months of walking and exercising, there was too much strain on my knee. My husband and I would walk some big hills around our neighborhood, I never had any problems breathing at all. I felt fine and even jogged some up the hills. Humm, I do feel robbed. Even though my knee would hurt, I ignored the pain and would not let that be an excuse. My husband and I had planned to go to the Washington (DC) zoo and also to New York (Soho) it's almost like I can finally get up and go...lol, but... I'll walk again and this time it's gonna be better than ever!
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Aug-19-07, 15:49

Stats: 308/308/200 Female 5 ft 6 in
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks for the information. You look great. I'm so ready to get this off. I've been on atkins since June 24 and it seems like a slow process this time around for me that the first time.

I look to God for strength everyday and know that when I fall down, I have to just dust myself off and get back to it. If you don't mind sharing, what foods did you eat and stay away from? i was looking for a journal, but don't see one. Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm sorry about your knee, but I'm sure you will back to normal in No time. Your Grand babies are adorable !

Miracles and Blessings

Article tools