Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 16:09

Plan: Mod-CAD
Stats: 230/224/150 Male 5,11
BF:
Progress: 8%
Default Cheated again, and getting tired of it.

I cheated again. But this time it was strange. You see, I wanted to cheat and I did it delibritly. I dont know why. Plus I am not feeling that bad about it. Any advice on how to stop cheating? Thanks...
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-16-05, 16:39

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 233/192/145 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi Benny,

Why did you cheat deliberately? However, you said you don't know why. Did you have cravings that caused you to cheat? It is hard to get started on any plan, but I know with CAD/CALP, sometimes you need to white knuckle it for several days until the cravings, leave. Another thing if you keep cheating, you need to take a look at your CM's. I have a sneaky feeling you are eating something that you should not be eating. Why don't you post your menu and let us take a look at it. Are you chewing gum or drinking diet sodas outside of RM? This could cause you to have cravings also. Are your RM's balanced? You are not having one huge carb feast for your RM, are you? That could cause the problem also.

These are just a few things I can think of right now that could cause you some problems.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 06:14

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default I tend to agree..

Usually when the urge to cheat comes, it is because of something that is a little off in the food plan and it can be the smallest, sneaky little thing. And you don't always feel a giant hunger/craving..sometimes it is more like an urge to just throw in the towel on the diet.

I think posting some menus is a great idea..don't leave anything out, so we can have a look.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 06:35
Bound for Onederland

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 239/188/199 Female 5 ft 7 in
BF:lil' bit, ok lots
Progress: 127%
Default There is so much more to weight loss than just sheer willpower.

Don't want to get all Frazier on you but perhaps there are some underlying issues that are at the root of the problem. In my case I have been using my weight as a punishment to a few VIPs in my life (found this out in counceling). I am learning it is only punishing myself. Our minds are very powerful and even more when we can set them off in the right direction.
There is so much more to weight loss than just sheer willpower.
Take care,
Elizabeth
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 07:23

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

Hi Benny-

If I am true to CAD, I have no cravings to cheat. I won't say occasionally that I 'think' something like "it would be nice to have a bowl of cereal for breakfast" when I am fixing my three year old's breakfast, but those are just thoughts that only happen on occasion. I don't act on them. My willpower is much stronger on CAD then any other plan. I always say to myself "if you really want it, you can have it at your RM" and that usually gets me by. (Okay now your thinking, I am crazy, b/c I talk to myself ) These are just the thoughts in my head.

I did find out on CAD that aspartame in diet sodas cause cravings for me, at first I was in denial about a "diet" soda hurting me until I cut out everything else but the "diet" soda and I noticed the cravings were awful! So now I stay away from diet soda during my CMs. It really helps out alot!

I agree that it would help us out if you would post your menus. I imagine that just eating protein and no veggies wouldn't be that fullfilling. I have grown to love my veggies even more on CAD
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 17:22

Plan: Mod-CAD
Stats: 230/224/150 Male 5,11
BF:
Progress: 8%

Well, I seem to only eat cheese at my CMs. I do drink diet soda but I drank that when I was on atkins and had no problems...
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 18:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

Hi Benny-
CAD/CALP is not Atkins. It is probably a problem to eat only cheese for your CM, and it is probably a problem to drink diet sodas. You need to look at your data and the results you have. Maybe read the book again and see what you think might be happening.
E
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 07:42

Plan: Plant-based
Stats: 200/168/140 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 53%

I would never be satisfied with just cheese at my CMs. I need more to give me that full feeling to keep me satisfied until RM time.

Benny, it does sound like your doing Atkins and CAD mixed and that won't work. I do know CAD isn't for everybody, you have to find the plan that works for you

Before you give up on CAD why not try it for one week clean and see how you feel. I would be willing to bet that the cravings would be gone.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-20-05, 21:47

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Yes that's good advice....Try it one week and make sure that your CM's are fullfilling and not as limiting as cheese... And my advice would be for this week to only have unrefined carbs at your reward meal....for me that helped with the cravings... I occasionally add 3 spoonfuls of a treat...