Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 15:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/190/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Question QUESTION!!

What is V2 and the other projects and where can I find out more about them? And if I want to join in, how do I do that?? I am new here and still finding my way around .

Cheers!
deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 17:15

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Deb, as far as I know this is the only project ongoing at the present :
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=24977

I think it's already started but take a look. I'm sure one of the participants will be along shortly to answer your questions

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-30-01, 18:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default LC Group Project V2

Hi Spatzei,

I hope you check out the link Nat gave you, but here it is in a nutshell:

4 weeks, to have begun by Nov 24 and completed the week b4 christmas; someone did start the project late; not sure if she will continue through christmas; Note: the Stillman reference is somewhat misleading, as the rules here are more restrictive than Stillman sets out. Next time it will probably just be called lean protein day

Copied from Island Girl's thread, post is about 5 down on thread:
BASICS: =edited Nov 7th 6pm=

Week 1:

Day 1 -- Follow your regular (Atkins, Protein Power, Zone, etc) low-carb plan.

Day 2 -- Lean Protein (Stillman). Allowable food: lean meat (trim all fat), homemade or sugarless jerky, poultry without skin, white fish, shellfish, egg whites, baker's (dry curd) cheese, meat and fish broth. Quantities unlimited. Up to 1/2 cup of lowfat ricotta or cottage cheese OR up to 3 oz. tofu (the lowest carb you can get). Lemon/lime juice, herbs, spices, hot sauce, soy sauce, Splenda, in moderation.
Optional: one cup lettuce.
Recommended: Water, as much as you can; Psyllium Husks.

Day 3 Calorie Boost. Follow your regular low-carb plan, with the following modifications:
First, absolutely no dairy. Second, eat a minimum of 10 calories per pound of current body weight. 25 total grams carbohydrates (inc fiber) are eaten in the form of green vegetables only, preferably leafy.

Day 4 -- Lean Protein (Stillman Day) as per Day 2.
Day 5 -- Calorie Boost Day, as per Day 3.
Day 6 -- Follow your regular low-carb plan, as per Day 1.
Day 7 -- Follow your regular low-carb plan, as per Day 1.

Week 2: -- REPEAT Week 1

There are a few more guidelines you'll find in the link Nat gave; hope you read the whole thread. I plan to 'publish' my results after the 4 weeks. Our results will be gathered after 4 weeks. If you choose to try this for, say, 2 weeks b4 christmas, and report daily menus, etc in your regular journal, I don't see why you shouldn't. Do let us know (via V2 project thread) if you want to give it a go, because we'll pop into your journal to see what's happenin'. Oh, and check out the lean protein recipe thread in group journals, lots of recipes there.

I have to say that I like the discipline this project imposes on me. I tried to restart Induction in October and had a miserable time. I hadn't fallen off LCing, just wanted to have more control over AS & dairy; I couldn't hack Induction, however, I'm handling the strict rules of the project quite well.

In my regular journal Karen made a comment that the lean protein days are 'calming' and help control her cravings for AS and cigrettes (she quit a few weeks ago). Certainly my own cravings on lean protein days are virtually nil and will assess this fully after the project ends.

Come join us, if only for 2 weeks. Caution: Some planning required before starting because you need to know in advance what you will eat on Days 2 & 3; it is not easy to 'wing it' on those days.