Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 10:12

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Me too Bonnie. I get hungry eating all lchf foods, no grains, no sugar, no fruit, no starchy vegetables. I eat fatty meat, leafy greens and coconut oil or olive oil plus an ounce or 2 of sunflower seeds for the vitamin e.

Jean
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 11:34
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

It may be easier for Men to skip a meal or two. Think about our ancestors. Who went out hunting for days and who stayed back about camp, doing chores, tending to the kids and dogs, picking berries, digging tubers, finding eggs, picking nuts and drying meat etc?

It may very well be genetics at play here. Even though I am male I couldn't handle a total water fast for long. It is enlightening though, discovering how little low-carb food is actually needed for a day -- rather than wanted. I used to not count calories, but things can change when you are just a few pounds overweight.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, May-20-17, 12:16

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Hard to say, there may be selection bias here. This forum seems to have more active female members than male, and people tend to post about things that they're having trouble with.
  #34   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 05:11

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I have found that fasting lets me feel full on less food. I can easily do one generous meal a day; and my body seems to prefer that, too.

Perhaps it is about lowering the overall insulin? Letting my body at the stored energy, instead of making it feel stuck with whatever I put in it?

I still have some extra pounds to drop, but the past month of IF has been like that.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 11:37

Plan: None, limit carbs, Omega6
Stats: 161/140/140 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
Today I noticed annoying tinnitus, I've had for years since the military -- Gone!

Astonishing! Is your tinnitus still AWOL?
  #36   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 15:42
Grease is the word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_rose
Astonishing! Is your tinnitus still AWOL?
Yeah and noticed I can hear high frequencies better, just looking into it on a tinnitius blog -- looks like I'm not the only one its worked for.
Only explanation I can think of is some sort of neural regeneration or cell repair due to Autophagy?

http://www.news-medical.net/health/...-Autophagy.aspx
  #37   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 15:50
Grease is the word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
I have found that fasting lets me feel full on less food. I can easily do one generous meal a day; and my body seems to prefer that, too.

Perhaps it is about lowering the overall insulin? Letting my body at the stored energy, instead of making it feel stuck with whatever I put in it?
I still have some extra pounds to drop, but the past month of IF has been like that.
Yeah, I noticed that too when I was doing IF 23/1 Some say well "your stomach has shrunk" not convinced that's not an oversimplification ... more like you need less calories, because your body becomes more efficient at processing food? I think the common "starvation mode" metabolic slow-down theory has been sufficiently debunked.

#38   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 17:52
Lipivore

Plan: Very Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 270/185/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_d
Yeah and noticed I can hear high frequencies better, just looking into it on a tinnitius blog -- looks like I'm not the only one its worked for.
Only explanation I can think of is some sort of neural regeneration or cell repair due to Autophagy?

Fascinating! How long did it take on the FMD? I need to try this! Low carb alone has helped many with tinnitus but not me.
  #39   ^
Old Sun, May-21-17, 20:21
Grease is the word!

I think by day 3 or four, at that time I wasn't paying attention suddenly I noticed it was gone. Had a little today after a nap, still way less than usual, hope it's not coming back with eating more.