Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-01-03, 20:02

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/151/135
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Curves

Hi--

Loved reading about Curves and really wish there were one in my town...wish somebody would buy a franchise here...

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-07-03, 22:02

Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%
Question Curves

Hey Ya'll! Well I just found out there is a curves in my area.I have heard ppl say good things about curves,but does anyone know about how much it cost? I will probably call them too but was wondering if anyone here goes to curves or has gone and if they liked it or not?Thanks so much!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 06:27
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

Hi Sherry

I go to Curves - In Canada the cost was about 99.00 to join and 39.00 per month after that - if you buy a 1 year membership, 49.00 if you choose to pay month by month. The 1 year can be cancelled with 30 days written notice and then you pay a penalty of the 10.00 saving for each month you have used. I like Curves but I also do other exercise as I do not find the Curves alone is a good enough workout for me. But that is an individual thing. Below is a link to a very long thread on Curves in the General Exercise Forum - you should get a good idea of what it's all about if you read that.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=86739
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 06:28

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi - I LOVE CURVES! It is the only program I have "stuck" too and it has helped me lower my body fat%!

Anyway, mine was $56.00 to join (registration) but they have promotions from time to time for free registration...you have to check that out - - mine was free when they had a food-bank drive in March.

I pay $29.00 a month (signed 12 month contract) which is auto pulled out of my checking account. You can join alacart - monthly $39.00 but you have to go consdecutively (i.e. if you start in April, you have to go in May, June...etc. Othewise you have to re-register if you skip a month for instance). I find the $29.00 month is even more an incentive to go since if I don't they will pull the money out anyway!)

The routine is 25 minutes with 5 minute stretch for total 30 minutes. The machines are wonderful - targeting specific problem areas of your body (geered for women's bodies) with 10 jump/walk/whatever stations in between. The people are great, the music is lively....all are privately owned.

So each CURVES varies from place to place.

Definitely recommended!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 10:47

Stats: 244/165/150 Female 5'5"
BF:It is scary!
Progress: 84%

Thanks KoKo and Yvonne I'm going to look into it I don't want a yr membership bc Im moving back to fl soon so I dunno if I should wait or what!Thanks again
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/172/140 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 48%

You can do a month to month membership - it does cost more.

I believe that since Curves has LOTS of locations, your membership could just transfer when you move - you might ask about that.

They furnish you with a "travel card" so that you can use other clubs on vacation, business travel and the like.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 15:05

Plan: My Own
Stats: 285/268/130 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I love Curves! I used to despise exercise, could not stick to anything. Too intimidated by regular health clubs and the people there, but Curves is great!

It cost me $48.00 to join (there was a special) and then it is $29.99 per month if you join for a year. The good thing about joining for a year is that you can still cancel with 30 days written notice if have to quit...but you won't want to!

I'm going there right now!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-08-03, 20:59

Plan: here and there since 11/02
Stats: 233/?/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 24%

please read our other thread; Curves anyone?
lots of info there...

Take care,
M-