Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:27
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 153/135/130 Female 5-6
BF:
Progress: 78%
Default easy induction dinner

i work through the evening so i need some easy dinners i can prepare b4 work and heat up when i am there..any ideas???
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:40
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

How about chef salads? They travel well. Basically any protien and veggie combo will heat back up well. Try putting some cheese on the meat when you heat it back up.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 06:47
Registered Member

Stats: 153/135/130 Female 5-6
BF:
Progress: 78%

yeah..salads are what i was thinkin too
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 07:07

Stats: 151/133/134 Female 5'5.5
BF:Getting better!
Progress: 106%

I make cheese stuffed meatballs and freeze them. You just get the cheese squares, and roll hamburger meat around them and make 20 minutes. I make a bunch and freeze them.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 07:16

Stats: 154/146/125 Female 5'4
BF:??
Progress: 28%

Wow, the meatballs sound good - I'll have to play with that.

Here's my fav heat-em-up meals - moc macaroni & cheese, flank steak, and eggplant parmesan. Eaten with a nice salad, makes a perfectly acceptable low carb induction meal! Tasty, too...

Moc mac & cheese (which I got from the recipe boards here)
1 block extra firm tofu, cut into macaroni-size bits, mix with 1 egg and maybe 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1 cup cheddar cheese, whatever seasoning, 2 tablespoons butter. Bake at 350 for 20 min or so, till it's bubbly. I love this dish, tastes just like mac & cheese to me!!!

Flank steak
Marinate one flank steak in whatever healthy stuff you want, and broil (maybe 6 inches from heat) - perhaps 10 min on both sides till done *almost* as you like (remember it'll darken up once you remove from heat), slice very thinly. Store with a bit of liquid, I like low-sodium soy sauce. You only have to nuke it for maybe 30 seconds. It's great!

eggplant parm
peel & slice eggplant (maybe a centimeter width), and sautee in olive oil. Layer in a casserole dish with mozz & parm cheeses, seasonings, and the lowest carb tomato sauce you can find (doesn't need much sauce at all), and bake at 425 for 20 min or until bubbly. This is my FAVOURITE dish, as eggplant has kind of a noodle-y taste, so it's like eating lasagne!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 08:40

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 245.5/235/140 Female 63
BF:Way too much
Progress: 10%

Crock Pot should be your BEST friend. Just throw anything in the crock pot, stew beef, roast, corned beef, chicken, some water, vegetables & seasoning, and waalaa! You have an easy easy meal!

I've got a big-ol-slab of corned beef in my crockpot today, I'll have a nice dinner with asparagas, and take some to work tomorrow with lots of mustard!

LL
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-18-04, 09:52

Stats: 235/180.2/175 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%