Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 19:11

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Oh..... did I not tell you Leeann to set an extra place for me at your table- AND CRAB CAKES- PLEASE- you do it up!

I love psych thinners too! Do you read Stephen Kings - Thinner????? Strange!!!!! He can write no doubt- but the place it comes from is well ....... wow.....
hahhah
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 21:08

Plan: ZC (started w/Atkins)
Stats: 164/132.8/124 Female 5x2"
BF:27%
Progress: 78%

Nicco~~your Cornish hen sounds positively wonderful!!! I have not made one of those in literally years!!! How did you make your sauce?
So glad to hear you had a great day! The bath sounded very relaxing...I miss my huge bath tub!
Good luck tomorrow with all those boys!!! BTW what is a walking toco?

Blue~~new coffee table cool! Sounds like you had a great time decorating all around it!
I did a double take on the "thinners" thinking it was an inside joke till I read the next post lol-good one!
Mac & cheese? We're you having a cheetah day?

Jazz~~glad Mr Big gave an explanation! At least he didn't leave you in the dark wondering what happened! It would have been nice if he had called but you know men...testosterone poisoning...can't do much about that! & mom's the world over love to tell you what you are doing wrong lol I think that is hard-wired into all mom's lol

I guess all steaks are good if they are seasoned well & cooked right! I do love a good t-bone & there is a restaurant here that makes a delish skirt stake so tender you can cut it with a fork, & who doesn't love the tenderloin...yummy! OK now I have a big hankering for steak!

I have spent so much time lately googleing stuff & reading info on line that I have not read a book other than diet books & my bible in so long that I would not know what to pick up & read lol so maybe you guys could suggest something...nothing to thinning as I am prone to nightmare's!

Hope you all have a great Monday & Happy Halloween~boo!
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Oct-30-16, 21:09

Oh look I have 4 chicken legs now!!! Cool!!!
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 04:20

BF:

Charms- hahahah - if we keep going at this rate we can be a WHOLE chicken! Forgive this brain fog of mine - where did you say you lived? Awesome you walk everyday.

Leeann- Are you feeling better? I swear you ladies on this thread are passing it around through the key board. Are you passing out candy tonight? That seems to be an issue with some people- the candy.
I haven't had those little hens in ages either-
Keep us posted with DS. Has he ruled out Greenville/ Furman?

Blue- well your just a doll! Hoping too you can kick that virus finally to the curb- I know it wipes you out. Just curious- did any of you get the flu shot?
Are you passing out candy? I hope you weren't offended by my Martha Stewart comment- it was a compliment. I think of creativity with both of you.

Trig- did you get your walk in yesterday? I keep thinking I need to pull out your lady on you tube and do some stretching. I know I would feel better - but it just is not happening. Are you still doing those CD'S?

Lori- shopping and Jimmy Buffet- is coming to mind.

All-
My alarm went off TOO early today. I had to think about why I had to get up. Took me a minute to figure out- GET OUTTA bed- and go to work! It's MONDAY......

I- am nearing my low again- I have decided I am kicking that bounce house to the curb too!- Who wants to help?! Done bouncing.

Well TOM- is Finally packing to leave. I was getting worried. I am tracking. So I have something to show the doctor in a few weeks. I am going to ask around the office today for a gyno- I want a woman for that. You all have given great suggestions.
the only thing I will say - being a nurse- I am the WORST patient EVER!!!!!

I have to be one foot in the grave before I seek medical help- beyond just getting a pill. - poor slob that gets me as a patient!

speaking of- Leeann- are those meds working for you? Are you supposed to take them for LIFE? Have you had anymore tummy pain?

Ok=- ladies- 100# today on plan. Do any of you ever get to Atlanta? I still think we should do a LC- weekend- maybe in Nashville- ROAD TRIP! heheheh- they have great BBQ there

Can you all believe we are another month down- with a foot into November? It is hard to wrap my head around when it's going to tied a record of 86 degrees. Does not even feel like fall. The sweaters are still in a box.

Ok all- I got the chatty Jazz going- hehehehehe
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 06:06

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, yea good to give him a pass, remember one thing, he is a man! They 'don't get it' and my hubby is the same way til I trained him different LOL Take it all slow and feel it all out.

Nicco, cornish hen. I love those and haven't made them in a zillion years. Definitely on my list! YUM.

Blue tenderloin takes #1 on my list. It goes on sale for like $14.99/lb from $16 or is that $12 on sale, well, when I feel richer I buy, but since I LIVE on steak the ribeyes in the $5-8 range is easier on the wallet but girl ya got me wanting tenderloin. I can get a whole cut for like $10.99/lb. Might be having to hit my meat shop soon!

Can we say Christmas present for Trig? Yea whole tenderloin would be fab!!

you had me laughing, the alley crawlers got your old table! fast!

Charms, have ya ever read the Father Tim books. She has a line of them, gotta start with #1 for sure and read them all. They are easy going and entertaining, not spooky types. I really enjoyed those books! I like how she writes. I used to read tons, now not so much, busy with life the reading seems to drop away.

BOO--BOO--HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! Muahahahaha.....

Leave to moms at 5 to trick/treat the lake neighborhoods. the 2 neighbor gals kiddo hangs out with are going with her. they have a blast. great candy from around the lake, they give out the good stuff. kiddo will make a haul for sure LOL

No I will not be eating any. I keep in mind that Halloween and candy is for kids, so this isn't a free day to eat candy! Won't be happening at all! No matter what I am staying on plan. I got my nibbles and tastes gone....I am on plan and no more junk coming into my body! Those nibbles took me way off track and I got rid of them and won't allow them back at any cost!

Now my turn to fall apart. Lately my arm/shoulder is worse. When I fell off the horse and broke 2 ribs, they hurt so much and all my pain pills, I kinda knew the shoulder/rotatar cuff area was not good.....now it is worse. Constant shoulder pain, got a swelling behind my arm by the cuff area and got pain down the arm, and then got a shooting weird like power zapping pain in my wrist.

I had neck surgery long ago when my arm went dead. They fixed me perfect. I might have screwed up my neck again? and getting arm troubles like before? OR it is true shoulder trouble only since I landed on that side directly on it.

Well, anyway, it is starting to effect me daily now. Putting off Dr of course and seeing how much better or worse I get. Moving carefully. I saw this coming over time and by gosh if it ain't here now and I gotta deal with it. In NO MOOD for xrays and drs and all that jazz.... I will have to be bad off before I get that mess started LOL

but hanging in and seeing where it goes.

eating bacon cheese omelet today and ribeye with it. Gotta load up before heading to moms for food control, full belly means I am in control

BOO! everyone have a fine halloween day!!

Last edited by Whirrlly : Mon, Oct-31-16 at 08:09.
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 06:38

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good morning from Virginia Beach!

Having a great time, but it's a bit chilly this morning. Yesterday was 82, today high of 64! We walked over 7 miles yesterday! Did some shopping... Great sales!

One dark spot on our trip so far. I lost one of my diamond earrings that I got from the company for a retirement gift. We got here and moved into our room when I noticed that it was gone. We had stopped at a rest area and I took off my sweatshirt, not sure if that's when I lost it or not. They are lever back and do not come off easily, maybe it broke? Anyway, it can be replaced, but is disappointing.

We're off to Myrtle beach tomorrow. Another 5+ hours on the road.

Hugs to you all!
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 08:03

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- I am so sorry to hear about the lost earring! That is so disappointing!! Glad to hear you are otherwise having fun. Sounds like the weather you are having is being echoed here. Warm day yesterday, high of 60 today, but then warming up again. Enjoy Myrtle!

Trigger- You poor thing! HUGS (gentle ones) I know how you are, you don't complain much at all, so if you are saying something hurts, I know it legitimately HURTS. So sorry! We are all a bunch of Dr-Phobes on here but if you need to get it looked at, then do. Maybe if you go in soon enough, it can be helped by PT or a chiropractor.
Have fun with the DD at the lake this evening! Boo!
BTW- I think I'll have an omelet this morning too. That sounds yum!

Jaz- Yeah, I am well and feeling fine. No illnesses on this end since the Tummy issues were resolved. No idea on how long for the prescription- will see the DR again for follow up in November and see what he has to say about it.
No, I don't do flu shots- I have had one in my life. With the exception of this acid/bile tummy thing, I tend to be very healthy and don't get sick often at all. I tend to extend my avoidance of Drs to avoidance of all medicines whenever possible, including pain relievers and vax.
Furman- Very much still active and on DS's list. His EA application is in and we will hear the result in December, I think. Maybe January. He went there again while in SC and reiterated how much he loves it.
Hope you enjoy this week at work as much as last week!

Charms- "Sauce" for the Cornish Hen was easy- I just melted Kerrygold butter and tossed in pink salt, Montreal chicken seasoning, garlic powder, smoked paprika and hot paprika, then basted. SO YUM!
A Walking Taco is taking a bag of chips (Individual Size like Doritos nacho or cool ranch, for example), opening the top, then adding taco ingredients directly into the bag. Portable taco! Teens love them. Apparently they are sold at fairs and football games, and the like. I'll have shredded lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, cheddar cheese and guac for them to add. Oh, and melted nacho cheese. I'm going to make homemade cinnamon applesauce in McSteamy also.

Books/authors: I have typically really liked Jodi Picoult, although I prefer her earlier work. Diane Chamberlain is a similar author. Rainbow Rowell (Eleanor and Park, Landline), Jojo Moyes (Me Before You), Kristin Hannah (The Nightingale.) If you haven't read The Glass Castle, that was amazing.

••••••••••••••••••

Things are going well over here. Got laundry going and will do a super minor clean up if I get the urge. Gotta go shopping for the dinner supplies- including Ds14 I think we have nine or ten boys here tonight from 6-9. Gotta love a good group of friends for your teen, and we Moms all communicate regularly via text, so we are like a watch group.

Down .8 to 137.4.

Taking Trig's suggestion for an omelet for brekkie! Maybe the remainder of the Cornish hen (the two teeny breasts) with sf bbq sauce and a drizzle of montreal chicken butter, along with some green beans, for Linner!
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 11:47

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE! boo!

Jazz~~I live in Bedford, Virginia, really beautiful place & low taxes! I do not walk for exercise my RSD ankle won't let me.
I'm glad you opted out of the BC! I hate meds!
You are right it is a very short 8 weeks & 6 days till Christmas...hohoho...yikes that's scary!

Whirrlly~~I need to look into those books tyvm!
OK...are you listening...when you start to get "weird zapping like pain" anywhere it's time to bite the bullet go seek medical advice!!!
Glad you have sworn off candy! I like to think of it as poison...that works!

Loir~~really sorry about your earing! That is a bummer for sure! Taking off a sweat shirt will goof with even simple post earings, I learned that the hard way so I always check my ears after taking one off...better still get a zipped hoodie!
So glad your trip is going so well! Enjoy Myrtle Beach!

Nicco~~that sauce sounds amazing thanks so much for the recipe!
Walking toco's sounds interesting I bet the kids love it!
tyvm for the book suggestions I will check them out!
Your day sounds full & will probably go by fast! And your group of mothers are smart keeping a watch on the kids! Very cool!
Oh! I see you are almost at goal!!! Way to go girlie! Very very cool

Well I lead a very boaring like compared to you all! Same Ole same Ole for me today...
I did toss & turn all night which made it very hard for me to get up at 7:30 lol so my breakfast was actually lunch lol I did an 18 hour fast without trying...
I ordered some magnesium citrate which is due here Wednesday so I refuse to weigh until my body passes what it has been holding on to!
Have a grest day all
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 14:26

Hey I now have a steak!!!
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 15:50

BF:

Charms- be careful- Trig might eat you- you look like ribeye.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 16:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz66
Charms- be careful- Trig might eat you- you look like ribeye.

lol lol lol
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 16:50

BF:

Is anybody else having issues with writing a post and it goes away when you hit enter- OMG- I have been writing for over an hour! OH my- ..........
OK- going to rewrite- condensed. I must be hitting some button that erases it all.
Due to time- stream lined-

Trig- GF- I am so sorry about your shoulder. Have you tried steroid shots, TENS unit, PT? I like you must be on death door to see a doctor. But in this case GF it will just get worse!

Also- Costco- sells Tenderloin for about 100 bucks for a huge strip- cut it down and freeze- take out and eat- on my Christmas list too!

Trig- hummm 8 kiddos at you house tonight huh- 2 words- EAR PLUGS- Good for you being the safe mom

Lori- OMG so sorry about your ear ring- hopefully you can replace it- glad you are having fun- as well

Blue- I have adopted you as my mentor of wiser woman than me- we all need them- !!!!!! Hope your week started off great

Charms- you could not be in a better group of supportive and wonderful ladies ANYWHERE!

All-
On plan today- just ate TOO much. Carbs under 15- but portions huge. Had huge kale salad for lunch/ crack slaw for dinner!

Mr. Big- is now Mr. G- we have chosen to move on- well he burned up my phone and I forgave him. As Trig says- he is just a man- simple creatures.

He is coming over for dinner on Wen. WHAT DO I MAKE???? He thankfully eats LC too!!!! yea for that- but I work all day- so thinking BBQ chicken in crock pot with coleslaw and sweet potato wedges for him????????? Does that sound good?

Ok I have been on here now 1.5 hours and little post after my book disappeared.

Ok getting serious about WOE- got to think about stuff I have not though about in a long while..... I will leave it at that.
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 18:50

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all you darlin's!

Nic---you are at 137.5. You are doing SO FINE, pal. Doesn't mean I think it's easy, it never is, but whatever, you're SO DOING IT!

Not a Picoult fan. Long ago read a couple of them, was bored half way thru the second one. To me, they are all based on a template---take the hottest new mental or physical issue and write a book about it. I find her books dreary and predictable. But that's just me, and don't mean to be a downer about Picoult.

Was not clear after the laughs if you really do like psychological thrillers? Have one to recommend if you do.

Jaz---Glad you're giving Mr. Big another chance. Frankly, I don't think he'll care what your cook. I think he just wants another evening with you.

Trig---OK, from one Dr-phobe to another, I'm just a bit worried about what you're going thru w/the shoulder. This isn't the first time.

I guess, the question always is, what's just a matter of getting older and we have to live with it, and what's something that COULD be fixed or improved? Fact is, we won't know this till we see a doctor. X-rays, conflicting opinions, surgery suggestions---do we really need to go thru that?---the whole complicated enchilada. And Yeah, NO, I don't ever like to open up that whole can of worms.

I find many aches and pains come and go, but some remain or reappear regularly.It is the job of our GUT INSTINCT, which know A LOT, really, to decide when it's time to see a doctor, because something is so wrong we just can't ignore it any longer.

Charms---LOL, yeah, last night was a treat night. I'm on the 6/1 plan, which I've bored everyone plenty here with, so check my last posts if you want to know more.

An easy reading author I would recommend is Liane Moriarty. I would start with her earliest ones, think they're the best---and of all of them I think her first break thru novel was the best of all---"The husband's secret." Won't give you nightmares but will involve you in a good story. As many of her earlier books will. Easy peasy reading, but also smart writing.

Lori---Oh man, earrings are always an accident looking to happen. Unlike a necklace or a bracelet or rings---lose one earring and the other doesn't do a thing for you. Sorry pal. But glad to hear you're having fun.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, yes, I did SO enjoy my treat meal of mac and cheese last night. Hubby makes the best! But, that was yesterday, and is already way distant in my rear view window.

TOTALLY on plan today, and WILL BE till my next "1" night. Looking ahead, we have a very busy weekend, when my 1 treat night falls, by my rules. But, easy to figure out.

This Friday we are due at a great restaurant to celebrate a dear friend's 60th b'day. I know this restaurant well, and I can eat LC there just fine. This Saturday night, we are invited to dinner at the home of some folks we don't know all that well. Which is FUN for us and we're looking forward to seeing if we can grow the relationship.

SO, I have no idea what they'll serve, they don't know me that well so LC won't be on their minds. This therefore seems like my best bet for my "1" night coming up.

Again, really kind of loving my plan for now. As A NUMBER ONE, it is a PLAN for treats. And secondly it allows me to look ahead and see what might be my best choice for my "!".

Today I had hubby's Mexican meatball soup for lunch, just a cup w/some grated cheese on top. Dinner is a pot roast, special kind of meat from my grocery client I'll talk to all of you more about after I test it out. Will have it over 2 pieces of LC bread, w/the roast gravy and onions on top. No sides, nothing more necessary.

SO HAPPY I can get right back on plan after a treat meal. Feel so blessed to be able to do that, as I know some can't. But frankly, I was struggling w/that a bit too, as it doesn't matter if you can get back on plan the next day, if you're getting back on plan every other day.

THEN, I got a PLAN. 6/1, for now….

This Halloween, let's make it BOO! Love YOU! Hoping for no real fears, no scary things we can't overcome.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 19:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Oh, and another thing I'm grateful for…will get to it, hang in there w/me.

It's Halloween, candy night! LOL, hubby has a HUGE bowl of the stuff on our entry table, even though we are at the end of a half block that has never got much action, except in those bygone years when all our neighborhood kids were small.

Hey, the kids are smart, right? Oh, HUGE SMILE, I remember it well. Even all those years ago when I was a trick or treater, we were into efficiency! Do the blocks that are easy and don't take you away from the main drag for no good reason. Time is of the essence! And, filling your bag w/the most, the quickest, was ALWAYS the goal. SIGH. SO glad some things have not changed.

So, in any case, we're going to be left w/a HUGE bowl of candy. AND, I am thankful, so thankful, none of it calls to me. My God, if they gave out french fries and bread on halloween, I'd be in deep doo doo.

Still, as far as I can see, Halloween candy, even IF you have a sweet tooth, is SO NOT WORTH IT. You've got pretty much 3 or 4 choices---tiny butterfingers---OK, these tempt me the most but not all that much, then Snickers and milky ways. OMG, it's SO BORING these days!

Now, I don't have a big sweet tooth, but I do have a discerning sweet tooth that surfaces every now and then again. SO---To all my gal pals here facing temptation over the waxy chocolate, processed, TERRIBLE choices for a sweet tooth, in terms of what you get back, I say, JUST SAY NO.

Save your sweet treats, ALWAYS, for something really special and good.
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-16, 19:50

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Well we just left the light off and went out to eat.
So what do I see walking down our street when we came
home but a woman in high heels walking to doors, then
a big guy at least 35yo with a pillow case stuffed a least
half full with pounds of candy and countless other cars letting out non-children, like opening a floodgate...what is wrong with these people
Didn't somebody teach them that trick-a-treat is for kids?
Seriously this is the first time in 30 something years where we said, alright, we've paid our dues and frankly after seeing this, I'm glad we did go out.
So, no candy, no temptation with mini butterfingers, nothing to
throw in the garbage
Closed Thread