Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2506   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 08:11

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Blue: My heart is full remembering our visit. Sorry I did not take more of an interest in YOU, but my goal was to have you meet my SD and get a feel for who she is. I loved your word...I think it was "sparkler" or "sparkly." I remember trying to sign that to her and all I could think of was..."shinning."She knows that sign and I tried to convey to her that you thought she shines! She really smiled big on that one. My SD has a killer smile. She does for sure light up rooms and people's hearts when they are around her. No language at all when I got her. We don't know how old she was, but we are thinking about ten. Such a tough life living on the streets. She has told me a lot of what happened. So hard to listen to. She felt better after she shared it, but I thought maybe I needed therapy. Just too heavy. My heart broke for her. And yet, to see her now...WOW! She is a sparkler for sure.

Blue, you asked her so many questions and that is just what I wanted. She LOVES to talk about her family and herself. Imagine never understanding what people were saying and not being able to say anything yourself. That is why the police said she was so vulnerable on the streets. She could not report anything that happened to her.

I wish I had looked around your living room. I was so focused on interpreting that I really did not have much of a chance. But I thought maybe I would see something that you had talked about...something you had added to your living room or had changed. Such a cozy place.

Guys...Blue's house is so quaint. I love the look of it. It is much larger than I thought. We drove around to the side of the house to make a U-Turn so we could park on the other side of the street. That is when I noticed how large it is. Looks like a typical bungalow from the front...but man, it extends way back!

Got to meet Blue's husband. He is how she has described him. Seems like a very gentle guy. He also took an interest in my SD. So cool!

My SD asked when we would go back again. She knows Blue is my friend, so she wants Blue to be her friend too. She really does not have any friends. I think it is hard for her with having her special needs. She definitely has some brain trauma.

But she reminded me that Blue said she was SMART and PRETTY. Oh, just thinking of this warms my heart.

Think I will do other personals later.

K-MOM 10x4
Sponsored Links
  #2507   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 16:29

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

A quickie in-

Starting Ozark series. Season 1 eps.1 - I think KMOM was one that thought it was to gory. Me...... I loved Dexter, and Stephen King. Sometimes ya got to call the SWEEPERS to keep up the trash. My dark side........ hahaha

My day was great- the boss is gone for 3 weeks. And all you could here were people laughing all day!
Yes there were problems, issues, and work. But ya know what- the team buckled done and did it. And everyone had FUN.

Tomorrow my Counter manager for outside the office is in- and we have a few things to talk about. The hurricane is one of them. I won't ask people to come in if we are expected to get what they are saying. They are predicting by the time it reaches us- it will still be 120 hour winds and tropical force rain.

Took Bella for walk- tired. Seems I am not sleeping well these days. Have had a few night sweats here and there. HAs not happened for awhile.
Leeann- you made the off comment in your post about kids having a hard time waking up due to wake and dreaming/ sleep mode. I can so relate.

Ok - hope you all had a great day. KMOM you must go back to BLUES HOUSE with your daughter. Drop her in the kitchen with BLUE- SNOOP- and give up details of her cozy house. Ya know like fabrics, paintings, stuff like that. Or I guess We could just get BLUE to describe more than her porch. Well we have heard about the writing room, and the living room,- but what about the KITCHEN????? Heart of the home!
  #2508   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 17:51

BF:
Progress:

Jaz: Yes, I could kick myself for not looking around more in Blue's house. I just remember it feeling very cozy. I have a bad knee and so I was looking for a chair or couch to sit on that was a little higher. Found a really cool chair. I remember the living room being divided. Maybe two seating areas?

I cracked up about your potential date that ended up not being the kind of person you were looking for! I liked what you said about your WOE being like an anchor. I love how I feel when I eat like this. Yes, my SD is back "home." We call the group home her home and my house, "mom's house." The transition was hard at first as she loved to be my shadow and if very happy breathing the same air as me always...but this was a great decision for her and for me. She is so proud of her independence and talks about that often! There are so many activities at the group home. And everyone is deaf or is a fluent signer if they are hearing.

Trig: I cracked up about the stuffed animals your kiddo had and how you remembered how much you paid for each! Ouch! I always thought it would be a good idea to invent on of those claw machines. They have such cheap looking stuffed animals in them! But kids will pay a ton just to get a chance to win one of them. Can you imagine if they had some of your kiddo's stuffed animals in them?!?!

Nic: So easy to identify with a kid oversleeping. I think you handled it really well. So frustrating, but you saw it for what it was. Good kid, not good decisions sometimes. And good job on understanding and supporting your son leaving XC and pursuing music. Smart and wise momma. Way to extend grace.

Lori: Hope your DH's shoulder is better. Sometimes that nagging kind of pain can be so draining.

I am planning our cruise. Yikes! I am just trying to plan little at a time. There are so many people and so many variables! I think we will go with Carnival. There will be 28 people. Blue mentioned 24 because she did the math adding kids and grandkids, but I forgot the spouses!!!

I have been trying to lose weight fast. I decided to halt that thinking. I was ending up losing the battle at night sometimes because I was just so hungry. Going to try and just stay steady on my woe. And make sure I am full with good LC food.

K-Mom 10x4
  #2509   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 17:54

BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds
Tuesday: Blue 3/3, Jaz _/5, KMom 6/5

Gotta do this. Not an option to ignore this! We need to drink our water! Let's have a winning water week!
  #2510   ^
Old Wed, Sep-06-17, 18:08

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Nic---So cool that your son is developing a passion for music. Passions keep kids out of trouble and always growing towards something. Also, interesting, your point about how now w/big brother away he has a chance to decide who he is. Saw this w/my two nephews. Big brothers can cast a long shadow.

Glad you are moving back towards a better if not always as much fun in the moment woe for you. You mentioned your clothes are fitting a bit loser. That's the gold. I HATE it when my duds tighten up on me. Hate the feeling of it and try not to replace w/larger sizes---that way goes trouble.

K-mom---I am enjoying the heck out of those fresh tomatoes. Couple of slices w/salad dressing on them w/dinner. No need for the lettuce. So fresh and good.
And you know how much I enjoyed our visit and your SD as noted in last post. I'm glad she enjoyed it too!

And yes, our lovely old home is bigger than it looks at first glance. We do love it here. SIGH. But we can both see the benefits of sizing down too, now when we're still young enough to do it much easier. I have several pals who have done it and are so happy to have it behind them. They council us to do it now. We just don't have the answers yet. Meanwhile, I'm finding myself loving up and appreciating our time here, living in the day at hand.

Jaz---Glad you're giving Ozark a chance. I loved Dexter too, and am a long time King fan. This is a different thing, but just as compelling. Give it 3 episodes and I bet you won't turn away. I was hooked from the get go, but this show REALLY builds momentum.

Wow, they think Irma is going to still have that sort of strength when it hits Atlanta? YES, that is certainly a work issue for you. Glad you've got someone to talk about it with and glad your boss is gone for a nice long time. Hopefully it will do her some good, and meanwhile you are all released from her projectile stress.

BTW, I live in St. Paul, Minnesota (Twin Cities, and use them both!) Not Wisconsin. But I was raised in Madison Wisconsin, and love to visit ye old home town, so maybe that's where you got confused.

K-mom---I should be in the naughty chair where water is concerned. Wed - 2/3. Hate to try to catch up at this point as it keeps me up getting up to go to the bathroom. I seem to have a senior bladder at night time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another busy week. Busier than I thought it would be. Geeeeez, I just wonder how they're going to do w/out having me at their beck and call? SIGH. I have no doubt that they'll do it though. And Imo, our "product" will suffer for it. They'll just glide over all the details I burnish and make shine. But what are ya gonna do?

We are having glorious cool and crisp early fall weather. I LOVZ it. Feel very thankful/blessed to not be in the path of a hurricane. My prayers are up for all those who are and hoping Irma takes a wild right back out to sea. But doesn't look that way.

Heh. Folks always quiver when they talk about our winters, but I'll take 'em any old day of the week before I'd live in Florida or on the gulf. Not these days. We're going to see more and more of this. Climate change is very real. Hope America gets hip to that before it's just too late. Sorry, but I just feel so strongly about this.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Sep-06-17 at 18:43.
  #2511   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 04:31

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Hmmm.....I seemed to have missed posting yesterday. I have not been feeling like myself. I'm wondering if the antibiotics I'm on for the UTI have me "messed up"? Just feeling blah and don't want to do much of anything. I haven't left the house in a couple days. I signed up to play golf today, but I think I'll call and cancel. Just not feeling it.

Watching the hurricane to see where it will end up by next Thursday. A week from today we're supposed to leave from a port near NYC. It will be what it will be. My vacation is nothing compared to the damage and devastation that people are dealing with in Texas and Florida(potentially).

Sorry for no personals. I have been reading along and enjoying all your posts. Maybe another cup of coffee will perk me up a bit?

Hugs to all!
  #2512   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 04:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning all- I get first place again? wow- Where is LORI/TRIG? LEEANN gets on later - then KMOM then BLUE wraps it up!

Blue- I knew WI was somewhere in your past. I did get mixed up in that! But then again I never been to that area of our country. It's on my bucket list to visit your beloved Door County. My son visited there and said it is as beautiful as it gets!

Yes I got to the 4th episode before I fell asleep. It will be one I want to see it through. Don't tell me anything else!
Glad you are getting some work in! Agreed it has been a busy week. Cramming 5 days into 4. But I will be so ready for the weekend!

I know how tough it it to make the decision to move or not. The process is not a quick or easy. Thankfully you are taking your time to think it though. Have you looked into those reverse mortgages? I am not recommending one- I don't know anything about them. I just saw an ad on TV. But it was intriguing. Just trying to put my thinker out there too!!!!

KMOM- water yesterday was good 5/5. I need to stop and get more water today!
I love to hear about your SD. It's so nice she has her space and you have yours! So it is really special when she comes. Did you say she was in a wheelchair? I wasn't sure if you said that or not. At any rate is sounds as if she has adjusted nicely.

I bet you do have a lot of planning for your trip! How did you pull off 28 people all having the same time off? That is hard to do! I bet though that once you desired it will flow really nicely.

OK- I am late again- be back
  #2513   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 05:19

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

HI
all is good
just super duper busy right now
hubby dragged me out like crazy looking at new trucks, can we say massive sticker shock
it always seems to become an entire day affair! omg
then I run home to play catch up with everything lol

another busy day guys so I am out and about fast again so will catch up later....reading along, too pooped to chat back right now GREAT DAY ALL!
  #2514   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 07:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Oooh first things first, before I forget, but I just found out that Trader Joes has a thing out, in a tube, called Umami Paste. Oh Lordy, I gotta get me some of that STAT. It's 2g carb for 1 tsp so some but not too bad and I wouldn't hesitate to use it. That's on my list to do tomorrow for sure.

Ok, just had to get that out.

KMom- Loved, loved, loved hearing about your SD's visit with Blue, as seen through your eyes (and hers.) You have a huge heart, about as big as any I know of, and Blue does too. I cannot imagine a better person to meet your SD than Blue. I love that Blue asked her all kinds of questions too. I don't know that I would have had the wherewithal to do that (I am not the world's greatest conversationalist) and it sounds like exactly what was best for your SD. Loved it.

Hahaha I am cracking up over the comments about Blue's house. Not only have I been there and she showed me around a bit but I STILL couldn't tell you all that much about it. I am so clueless and non-detail-oriented. It was warm and cozy and lovely- easily a place to settle in and spend some time. Her writing room was seriously awesome as well. But the details, fuzzy I'm afraid!

KMom- I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you are planning a cruise for 28. And I'm sure that they love and appreciate that you are paying and making it all possible! That is really excellent. I have not been on Carnival yet but I have been on the Disney cruise line. Pricy but absolutely wonderful and would do it in again in a heartbeat, with or without kids. I also hear really excellent things about Royal Caribbean. What time frame are you thinking about?

Re: Hurricanes and retiring etc- DH and I talk about this, I just think it is fun. We ruled out being near the ocean right away, in part for this very reason. Visiting via Airbnb yes, but not taking that risk or worry! If we were to relocate one day (and who knows) we are more likely to go to a mountain lake type setting. I am a scenery person all the way. LOVE to visit the energy of a big city but my heart and soul are driven by beautiful scenery and serene surroundings.

Blue- Glad things have been busy for now, money in the coffers. But yes you are right, your presence and hard work will surely be missed once they see what all you have done to make it so.

Lori- Sorry you are feeling under the weather. Take care of you and rest up.

Trig- Oh yeah those big trucks can cost a chunk of change, even more so if you are talking about a dually or something like that. I bet that was a long day indeed. Decision made or not yet?

••••••••••••

So DS15 did it, went and talked to the coach after school and told him he was not going to be running XC. The coach was apparently quite kind about it (thank you, Coach) but DS also said that he seemed like he was in shock. DS can say things very VERY abruptly so I get how that poor coach must have felt. He doesn't pad things or lead up to it, he just drops a giant sentence out of the blue. And you do sit there shocked. lol It has happened to me numerous times. DS spends a lot of time in his head, as do I, and when we say whatever it is, it has been percolating in our heads for a long time. Then we are always surprised when the person on the receiving end is stunned or surprised.

So anyway, I was proud of him- it takes guts and courage to say something that you know will disappoint and possibly anger someone else. Today we go to the Rock Shop at 4:30 for DS to discuss with them what course of action he might like to take musically.

I got a text from DS18 last night of kids sitting in his room happily eating the cookies I baked. It said "your cookies made me friends!" which made me smile. Very sweet and thoughtful of him to send that.

Busy day today. Stopping by the library first (I have almost met my goal! It was to read 70 books this year, yesterday I finished number 63) and then meeting a friend for lunch. This friend also happens to be the Mom of DS18's GF so we might freak them the hell out by sending them a pic of us eating together. Then after that an errand if I have time, pick up DS15, give him a quick snack, go to the Rock Shop, come home, quick dinner and then off to Back to School night. Luckily tomorrow is pretty free and clear.

Still doing well. Last night was not the greatest but not letting it trip me up. Onward!
  #2515   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 07:27
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

hello ladies

Time to start a new thread, as this one has exceeded 2000+ replies . I will make sure to update here with a link to the new thread, so everyone can find it.

Doreen
  #2516   ^
Old Thu, Sep-07-17, 18:41
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Closed Thread