Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 13:18
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 260/225/190
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy Easter Temptation

Its been nearly 2 weeks and i have lost 15 lbs but as Easter approaches i find it harder to resist temptation with the kids opening their eggs
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 16:02

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

hang in there joe! you can do it!

Make sure you eat plenty of meat and fat right now--even overeating something like cheese is a better choice than the chocolate or peeps (eww) or whatever.

If you still slip after filling yourself up with legal foods, you won't be able to push more than a couple pieces of chocolate down before you feel uncomfortable. And if you slip up, the sooner you stop, the better. "Chase" any sugar immediately with a dose of protein and fat (cheese omelet, say..or, since it's easter, a bunch of boiled eggs!) to limit the insulin surge.

And spend quality time with the kids that isn't about food. That way, you'll get the warmth w/o the sugar.

Congratulations on your great induction loss.
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-02, 16:07

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi Joe!

If you feel the urge to eat some of that chocolate, RESIST! Try eating something high in fat or taking a dose of L-Glutamine, 500 mg. (one or two tablets) or both when the urge hits you. Atkins recommends this for controlling cravings for sugar. I know it's not much consolation when you've got a chocolate bunny staring you in the face, but it does help. What I've done this year is simply not bought my kids candy for Easter...they don't need the sugar and I don't need the temptation. And remember...this too shall pass.
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 11:36
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 260/225/190
BF:
Progress: 50%
Wink EASTER TEMPTATION

Hi Everyone

Well my craving has passed and i managed to stay away from the chocolate. So i will keep going until the next time
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-31-02, 19:32

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Made it threw the temptations... YEAH Went to families house and had cookout.. Eat steak and salad and brought my own strawberries with heavy cream for dessert...SHEW.... made it...