Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 06:34

Plan: Scarsdale
Stats: 134/128/120
BF:
Progress: 43%
Question CM/RM swap

Hi all!

I will be obliged for the next few days to swap my CM with my RM (alternately). Since it's my first week on CALP and I'm doing really well ... must I expect to be punished by the Fat Fairy?

Thanks for the replies...

Liv
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 07:22

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Confused?

You mean like have your RM for lunch this week instead of dinner? Or do you mean that one day you will eat RM at lunch and the next day you will eat RM at dinner.....?

-animaldoc
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 09:13

BF:

The second you mentioned, doc!

Usually I have RM for lunch, but yesterday, tomorrow and sunday I'm obliged to have it for dinner... forsee problems?

Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 10:58

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Post RM timing

They say in the book that you should try and keep your RM at the same time (ie always dinner) but that if there is a special occasion you can switch it.

I read somewhere (if only I could remember sources for all the random facts in my head) that your body needs at least 12 hours to "deal" with the carbs from your RM before you eat more. You may get into trouble switching like that......

I think it seems to work best for me when I don't switch around much. Maybe you could eat LC foods instead of switching?

-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-02, 12:50

Plan: Heller(CALP)
Stats: 230/222/140
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default CALP allows switch...no prob....

During the time I was following my CALP program so faithfully, I often switched my meals around and never had any resulting weight gain or "carb hangover". CALP says you can have your reward meal when it's most convenient for you on a day to day basis. Haven't read the CAD, so I can't address that specifically. Good luck!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 06:19

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Both books talk about it

Both books suggest that you stick to the same time of day for your reward meal except for special occasions, parties or vacations then go back to regular time. You need time between these meals on a regular basis. I eat my reward meal at 2o each day because this is the best time for me and I stick with it. Even at Xmas it still worked out. Changing on occasion won't hurt but regularly it will not work for some people. Wawtigress.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-02, 09:06

BF:

As I sit re-reading the section in Ch. 8 of CALP dealing with switching reward meals, I do see that they suggest not randomly switching BREAKFAST as your reward meal. Their explanation of why is quite plain and simple...some folks just can't incorporate the balance when they're eating breakfast. Might be tough to have pancakes and syrup and a salad and sauteed spinach and mushrooms. In going back and refreshing myself on this info, it occurs to me that I never had a problem doing that!!! Kind of funny to think of it. Once we went to a huge holiday breakfast party at a neighbors house. They served every carb loaded breakfast food you could imagine. I took a huge salad with me (I'm talking huge...they thought it was something I brought to contribute...pot luck style!!!) I ate the salad, the eggs, sausage, bacon and then I had the muffins and a bagel. Worked out beautifully. As I have said before, people were always stunned at how much I could eat and still have lost such a huge amount of weight. Great program, I tell ya. Wish I had stayed on it!
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 03:25

BF:

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW GEEEEEEEEE I blew it anyway! Swap or no swap!!! And I was doing so well!

What a dummy!!!

So it's back to day 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 07:43

BF:
Default Not a dummy....

a CARB ADDICT!! Ask any addict....sometimes it takes a few tries to really get going. You'll be fine and we'll all be here to cheer you on!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-04-02, 08:40

BF:

Gee thanks Diane ... it's nice to read a friendly message ...
All you guys make me feel so much better ... and not alone!!!

Gratefully
Liv