Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2536   ^
Old Mon, Oct-23-06, 08:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Good Morning Ladies,
Last Friday was my 56th birthday.Since I got off track I didn't feel worthy to post here so I waited till I was back on track.
I have set a mini goal to lose 20 pounds by January 1st so I need to stay on track if I am going to meet that goal.
Feels like winter here.Only 33.Too early to get so cold.We may even see some snow flurries.Would rather wait to see snow in November or December.
It's so great to see the posts here and to hear how everyone is doing.

Danielle..I am so sorry to hear about your mother.How is she doing?I love your living arrangement now.I know you are loving being so near your daughter and granddaughter.How old is your granddaughter now? I am thinking 6 since I believe she is a little older than my grandson who is now 5 1/2.I love watching him learn so much in kindergarten.Happy Belated Birthday.We share the same birthday week.How old are you now if you don't mind me asking? I turned 56.Now I need to remember that and forget about 55,lol.Please let us know how your mother is doing.

JAnn...So you are ducking too.Have you gotten back on Induction yet? How are you doing?

LouLoo...How are you doing?Any more snow up your way?

Jes...I am getting back to riding my bike slowly.It's going to take awhile to work back up to 30 minutes.I play some upbeat music to keep me going.My stationary bike is in our bedroom.Our TV in there broke so we need to get another one.Will get one after the holidays.I did much better when I had a TV on to keep me company while riding my bike.Congratulations on the weight you have lost in a little over a month.Good luck with WATP.I would love to do that since I have a few of those workout DVDs but the workout really bothers my right knee.The pounding bothers it a lot.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.Will try to do better with checking in this week.Since I plan on staying on track I will not feel the need to hide.

Nancy
Sponsored Links
  #2537   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 09:42

Plan: LC/GF/IF
Stats: 237.0/223.6/174.6 Female 5 ft 10 in
BF:42%.
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloesue
JAnn...So you are ducking too.Have you gotten back on Induction yet? How are you doing?
Nancy

I started induction last Thurs but it didn't last. Ate out over the weekend. I'm doing a cleanse right now so I need to get that routine down and then see if I can do induction. Most of the time I'm low carb anyway so it really isn't much of an adjustment. My big demons are mash potatoes and also rice and beans at a Mexican restaurant. Had both over the weekend.
  #2538   ^
Old Tue, Oct-24-06, 16:02

BF:

Hi JAnn,
Really good to hear from you.I keep checking back to see if there are any posts.Good luck with your cleansing.How do you do the cleansing? I have never done that so was wondering how you do it.
So your big demons are mashed potatoes and the beans and rice at a Mexican restaurant.Mine this past week were cake and ice cream that I had for my birthday plus a few other desserts.

I am back on track and have done really well both yesterday and today.I take it one day at a time.

Danielle...I continue to think about your mother.How is she doing? My mother in law suffered a major stroke when she was only 59.She lived with us after that.She had to learn to walk and her speech never did come back.Hope your mother is doing better.My mother in law's stroke was back in 1977 when my youngest daughter was only 3 months old.There have been a lot of medical advances with treating strokes since then.

Hope others will check in and let us know how they are doing.

Nancy

Hope we hear from some of the others.
  #2539   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-06, 10:09

Hi Nancy, I'm sure that others will stop by.

I'm cleansing with a product called Dr. Natura's Colonix. My sister feels much better since doing it so I'm trying it. It is making it harder to do induction but I think that may more mental than anything. I'm still LCing but not induction.

I take 2 pills first thing in the a.m. and then some powder mixed in liquid about 20 minutes later and a cup of tea last thing at night. For the drink I mix the powder with water, a little yogurt, sweetener, and fruit extract. The yogurt isn't allowed on induction. Neither is the 2 corn tortillas I had for breakfast. The rest of the day will be legal.

Funny, but most of time I'm not into sweets. I would take rice and beans or nachos over dessert just about anytime.

Hi to Jes and Louloo.

Danielle, I hope your mother is improving and I hope we hear from you soon.

Just had a call from a friend and I will be leaving to take her to the dentist and I have GKs this afternoon so need to do some house childproofing.

Hope all have a good day!
  #2540   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 10:08

Plan: Back to CALP 03/23/08
Stats: 280/201.5/180 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 79%

Good Morning Ladies

I haven’t been here for awhile as my computer crashed on me about a week ago and I’ve worked on it everyday trying everything to get it running properly again. I would think I had found the problem then it was gone again, very frustating. I spent hour after hour until I could hardly remember what I had tried. Yesterday I had reached the point where I was about to give up and call in a professional and then last night I did something (no idea what) and it started working, I could access programs and e-mails etc. I spent some time catching up and then hoped it would still be working this morning so now here I am and all seems to be ok.

Last Sunday’s weigh in was down ½ pound to 206. I did do my Leslie Sansone tapes Mon thru Fri. I did WATP1 for 3 days and then I tried a new one of hers that I had bought some time ago, it is called Muscle Mile One. It is basically the same as her other 20 minute ones so it gives a bit of variety. I used 2lb weights but should be able to get back to 3lbs soon. I also got in at least 30 mins of walking daily.

I hope everyone is doing well

Jes
  #2541   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-06, 11:01

I had about a year with my computer acting up. I finally bought a new one and except for an occasional problem with the mouse it works great.

Good going on the weight loss and exercise. I know I need to exercise regularly. I have the same tapes, I just haven't been using them!!

I am actually up eight, yes I said EIGHT pounds for the month. Some of it is water, I know, but the rest is frustrating since although I was not doing induction I pretty much ate lc. I did work the last 2 days, manual labor for a demolition company so I have some very tired, sore muscles but ended up eating pizza yesterday.

I am going to start induction again Monday and hope I can get it down again. I would start today but DH wanted to go out for breakfast and I ate some hash browns. Tomorrow will not be a good dat to start so I will shop and get things prepared tomorrow for Sunday.
  #2542   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 10:08

BF:

Good Morning Ladies

There was no change at my weigh in Sunday morning so at least there was no gain! I am getting plenty of exercise shovelling snow as its been coming down for days. What with the snow and cold (-21C or -5F) I will have to start walking again at the indoor track.

JAnn-good luck with getting back on induction and hopefully the manual labour worked for you as far as dropping a pound or two.

jes
  #2543   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-06, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdorka
JAnn-good luck with getting back on induction and hopefully the manual labour worked for you as far as dropping a pound or two.
jes
No weight loss yet, either. I'm not on induction right now. I broke a molar last week and can't chew anything, Everything has to be soft. Until I either figure out how to do induction without chewing meat or veggies or get the tooth fixed (about 5 weeks), I just have to wing it. I have a lot of LC protein drinks so I had one for breakfast. When I chew the jagged edge of the tooth bruises my tongue and it really hurts!
  #2544   ^
Old Tue, Nov-07-06, 21:56

Plan: The Virgin Diet
Stats: 124.2/118.6/100 Female 58.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hi Ladies..

I have been on the board since August when I came back to LCing after a year of being off the wagon. I think I posted somewhere in the TOFF forum, but no one else ever posted there, so I'm glad I spotted this thread tonight.

I started LCing last year and managed to lose 20 lbs. on my own. I then decided to take the Holidays off and then go back on my diet in January but then never did. I ended up gaining 11 of that 20 lbs. back before I'd had enough and decided to climb back on the SB wagon. That was in August. I have lost 12 lbs. so far and have 14 lbs. to go to reach my goal.

JAnn, sorry to hear about your tooth. I had an abcessed tooth this summer and I sympathize with you.

Ladibug
  #2545   ^
Old Wed, Nov-08-06, 17:22

BF:

Hi Ladies,
Been really busy.I've been meaning to post but then I get sidetracked by other things.

The month of October is behind me.Glad to see it go since there were too many birthday celebrations then Halloween.

I am back on track since Sunday and haven't strayed off course.The scale is going down and my jeans are feeling more comfortable.I want to continue on this path till Thanksgiving.I plan on enjoying Thanksgiving and then get back on track again.

Jes...it was so good to see a post from you.Sorry to hear that your computer had messed it.I know from experience how upsetting it is to take your computer crash then back to like it is brand new.The worse thing is losing everything.I have my eating back on track so I need to add in some exercise.I've been getting plenty of walking in.I'd love to get a reliable pedometer.The ones that I have tried to use have not been all that reliable.Lots of snow to shovel already.Hopefully it will be at least another month or so before we get any measurable snow.

JAnn...sorry to hear about your broken molar.IT would be very hard to do Induction without chewing meat or vegetables.Good luck with trying to lose weight during this time.

Ladibug...so nice to have you join us.Please jump right in and tell us a little about ya.We always enjoy meeting new ladies and having them join us on our journeys to getting healthy.

Hope to do better with keeping in touch.

Nancy
  #2546   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 05:56

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAnn
I'm not on induction right now. I broke a molar last week and can't chew anything, Everything has to be soft. Until I either figure out how to do induction without chewing meat or veggies or get the tooth fixed (about 5 weeks), I just have to wing it.
You could make soups!
Just cook meat and veggies in water and use a food processor to make them into a puree, add some cream or butter and hey presto! cream of induction foods soup!!
  #2547   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 08:55

Thanks for the commiseration Jes and Ladybug. The first few days were horrible but my tongue isn't quite so sensitive now so I can eat a little more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizellen
You could make soups!
Just cook meat and veggies in water and use a food processor to make them into a puree, add some cream or butter and hey presto! cream of induction foods soup!!
That is a great idea Elizellen! I guess my biggest problem is fresh veggies--I love them! This month I have GAINED 6 pounds so I have to do something drastic to get back down and LCing is the only thing I can stay even half way on. Also after eating some carbs I notice my hands are breaking out again.

When I was a young girl I had a lot of silver amalgam put in and now they are causing my teeth to break. Without dental insurance I've had to put replacing them off and now I'm paying for it. We plan on going to Mexico in about a month and I will have the work done there since $5000+ worth of work here will cost about $1200-1500 there and it is only a 4 hour drive.
  #2548   ^
Old Fri, Nov-10-06, 19:17
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins but tweaking
Stats: 289/232/132 Female 170cm
BF:Unknown/45%/??
Progress: 36%

I think I've posted here before but couldn't find it if I have. Haven't been visiting for a while because I was contrubuting to some fiorums here in Oz but they have such closed minds I have given up on them and will stick to here, ADBB and Aus Low carb in future.

I've got back to my Atkins very strictly and am down 4 kgs since October 21. I attribute most of it to my new walking regime. I found a stiff 5 km up hill and down dale circuit and do it every other mrorning, with a half circuit and weights (or the gym) on the other mornings. Sunday is rest day. There is a link with some pictures on my web site.

I'm being careful but not rabid with my food. Want to be under 100kgs for Christmas and I'm trying for 90 kgs by Australia Day (26 January). Don't know if I'll make that one but I'm giving it my best shot.
  #2549   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 14:10

BF:

Hi Ladies,
Well here it is Sunday weigh in day, no loss again for the 2nd week in a row so I hope it's just a slow down after the 7 weeks of steady losses. I need to start using Fitday again. I eat mostly the same thing day after day but I find the carbs can creep in quickly if I start eye-balling it too much instead of measuring! So that's Plan A for next week.
Hi and welcome to Ladibug, Elizellen and Analog6, it's great to have more people here.
Hi Nancy and JAnn hope you are both doing well.

Jes
  #2550   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-06, 15:42

Hi, Jes, Analog6, Ladybug and Elizellen and everyone else. Still trying to get that first day of induction down. I thinkI may make it today. DH wanted to go out for lunch but we ended having a hamburger and salad. I may have gone a bit over ont he salad but that should be okay.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Closed Thread