Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1021   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 09:54

Plan: adkins
Stats: 235/235/160 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I dont think I could do this, simply because eating higher carbs to me, makes me feel terrible...Im sluggish, feel like I am on drugs..(I know this because yrs ago while doing low carb, I would cheat sometimes, and the next day felt terrible) Also, I am such a chocolate craver (carb addict) That I dont know if I could stop...My plan is 6 days on 20 carbs or less a day..give or take, and then 1 day where I can eat what I want ( within reason of course) that way I dont feel deprived. I will like have whatever dinner I want, and if I have a sweet, still try to keep it small... I do eat the adkins low carb bars..I feel I have to have some kind of chocolate/sweet everyday, and this helps keep me on track...just my thoughts..
Sponsored Links
  #1022   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 10:01
Registered Member

Plan: M&E
Stats: 130/130/110 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 0%

Clroh, do you any get cravings when you eat that one free meal a week? And do you do only 1 free meal a week? Have you indulged in more than 1?
Also, have you ever binged eating?

Thanks for your reply.
  #1023   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 11:00

Plan: L. Carb, L. fat, Hi. prot
Stats: 209/160.8/154 Female 65.5 inches
BF:38%/33.9%/?%
Progress: 88%

OK MuskokaGal let's try it together, I'll start on Monday morning with wholemeal toast and scrambled eggs. No wine until Friday!

And 46 is no age at all. Mind you I still have no empty nest at 54! I'm looking forward to it - if they ever go!
  #1024   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by clroh3
I dont think I could do this, simply because eating higher carbs to me, makes me feel terrible...Im sluggish, feel like I am on drugs..(I know this because yrs ago while doing low carb, I would cheat sometimes, and the next day felt terrible) Also, I am such a chocolate craver (carb addict) That I dont know if I could stop...My plan is 6 days on 20 carbs or less a day..give or take, and then 1 day where I can eat what I want ( within reason of course) that way I dont feel deprived. I will like have whatever dinner I want, and if I have a sweet, still try to keep it small... I do eat the adkins low carb bars..I feel I have to have some kind of chocolate/sweet everyday, and this helps keep me on track...just my thoughts..

It sounds as if you are doing carb up if you are eating what you like one day per week.

If you like chocolate then I have found a great chocolate rum ball recipe. 1 carb per ball. You can leave out the rum or replace with something else if you like: http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/sn...hocrumballs.htm
  #1025   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 17:59

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 208.6/188.2/160 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:Restart Jan 2016
Progress: 42%

Those rum balls sound yummy!

Ok Suz I'm good to starting cycling Feb 1. I'm going to go with the plan

Monday Day 1 LC
Tuesday Day 2 LC with HC dinner
Wednesday Day 3
Thursday Day 4 LC
Friday Day 5 LC with HC dinner
Saturday Day 6 LC with HC dinner
Sunday Day 7 LC

I figure I can switch out the HC meal for any meal during the day on the HC days. I got this plan from someone who had been doing it for months with great success, so I can give it a week and see how it goes.

I figure a HC meal could be a whole wheat pasta, or a stew with higher carb veggies, etc., I'm definitely not gonig for pizza and beer...am I? Just kidding.
  #1026   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 20:23

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Okay, I am sure my low carb/high carb days seem high, but since I have been trying to have protein every meal and filling up on protein and veggies, I have had so much less hunger, that I maybe take in about 30-40 carbs on my low carb days. I am going to try to stick with that since my energy level seems good. At work, sometimes it is unavoidable to eat a frozen dinner with more carbs. I consider those to be moderate carb days, or as MuskokaGirl says.... LC for the day with HC dinner.

It sounds like we are pretty much on the same track....when will you be starting LC/HC?

Oh yeah, Suzien, I try to save wine for my high carb days, or a small glass if I have had a particularly LC day. So far, results have been fine--my clothes fitting much better, even though the weight change has not been significant. Will be weighing tomorrow...we shall see. Wish me luck!
  #1027   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 06:58

Good luck Cactus. Let us know whether you have lost any weight. I am going to start tomorrow. I've just bought a wholemeal loaf, strawberries and low fat yoghurt. I'm looking forward to these carb treats. I think I will go for 2 high carb days, 2 very low carb days and three normal low carb days.

Thurs HC
Friday VLC
Sat and Sun LC
Mon High carb
Tues VLC
Weds LC

This means I follow a High Carb day with a Very Low Carb day. Let's see what happens.

Good luck everybody and keep in touch. Suz
  #1028   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 21:58

BF:

Suz, what numbers will you be using for each LC, HC and VLC?
  #1029   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 04:57

I found this interestnig post on "LowCarbFriends" website on a carb cycling thread....I thought you all might be interested in it:

Quote:
I started carb cycling ten days ago. What I do is basically 20 carbs a day for 3 days, induction, on the fourth day I eat whatever I want. And I mean whatever. I haven't been super hungry on those days but I did have a small milk shake and a burger with bread as well as fruit and one day a soda. I lift weights five days a week and do 60 minutes of cardio 2 days with one rest day. Here are my results

day 1 weight 153
day 2 weight 150
day 3 weight 148
day 4 weight 146 cheat day
day 5 weight 149
day 6 weight 147
day 7 weight 147
day 8 weight 146 cheat day lost 1' on waist butt and thighs
day 9 weight 145
day 10 weight 146 lost 1.5 inch on waist and .5 on thighs

What I noticed is on the cheat days that I cheated the most resulted in more weight loss. But it's still a little early to say for sure. I think the first few pounds are water weight which is why it comes off so fast, after that I think it is fat loss which goes a little slower. What I noticed is that even though on some days the weight goes up or stands still, you can still tell a difference in the mirror. I was considering changing to the five days on and weekends off but am not totally sure.
  #1030   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 08:14

BF:

Thanks! I don't really weigh each day, but can tell a difference in my clothes and have lost inches in the last two weeks.
  #1031   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 08:28

Hi Cactus, I am not measuring my carbs on the HC days, just sticking to wholemeal/wholegrain and keeping to really low fat. Today I had 2 scrambled eggs on a small slice of wholemeal toast for breakfast, chicken breast and salad in a wholemeal sandwich - with very low fat mayonnaise for lunch and tonight it will be chilli con carne with a little brown rice. I keep waiting for something to happen, like a craving, bloating or dizziness but I feel perfectly normal.
On the very low carb days I will go to Atkins induction. On the other days what I have been doing is virtually carb free breakfast and lunch with a normal dinner minus the starch, basically this would be meat or fish, green veg - normally puree of brussels sprouts and a cream sauce or thin gravy.
The worst of it is that this morning I got up and weighed and I had lost 2 lb! This is the first day of carb cycling and I so don't want to find they've returned. I don't plan to weigh until Saturday but I'm dreading it!
  #1032   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 08:34

BF:

Suz, 2 pounds is good! Are you being too hard on yourself? I weighed in yesterday and had gained 1 pound, but it was not my usual weigh in day. Discouraging, don't think I will weigh in every day, may have been too much salt the day before...or muscle or eating too close to bedtime? Keep track of your measurements, I have lost inches in the past two weeks and my clothes are fitting better.
  #1033   ^
Old Thu, Jan-28-10, 11:05

Hi Cactus,

I know 2lb is good; I hadn't lost anything for weeks prior to this morning. That's why I'm worried. I've committed to the cycling though so I'll give it a try. I was on very low carb yesterday so that is probably what did it. I wouldn't want to do that every day though! And my bread has been very enjoyable. The chilli is in the pot bubbling away as I write.

Like you I don't usually weigh every day, it can be discouraging. I normally weigh on Weds and Saturday. I expect you'll have lost the pound when you next weigh.

As for inches no, I haven't lost those either. My tight but size smaller jeans have been the same tightness since before Christmas but I am undeterred. I will be a size 14 one day (US size 12)!
  #1034   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 01:14

BF:

You will be a size 14!!! I have every confidence! Love chili, especially this time of year. You will lose the inches too...keep track weekly and you will see...
  #1035   ^
Old Fri, Jan-29-10, 11:40

Hey Suz, 2 lbs is 2 lbs, I think with the carb cycling you will have ups and downs but an overall loss so just record your weight once a week and a good day to weigh is before your HC day.

My weigh day will be Thurs still as my HC days are Friday, Sat and Tuesday.

I can hardly wait to start on Monday. It's and experiement and I'm anxious to see how it works out!