Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Turtle Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Fri, Apr-29-05, 19:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi Terry,
I'd like to invite you to join us on the thread that I started two years ago for ladies over 50.
We have a great bunch of ladies there that support each other and understand what we are going through.
Here is a link to our thread.Hope to see you there.

Nancy

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t5233162&conly=
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Wed, May-11-05, 15:41

Plan: LC/Shangri-La
Stats: 157.5/141/120 Female 5 ft. 1 in.
BF:?
Progress: 44%

Tarheel.........I just happened to read this thread and was pleasantly surprised that someone else actually remembered Country Joe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy that brings back memories...I'm 56!
  #198   ^
Old Sun, May-29-05, 23:27
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 225/197/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 33%

C'mon all you big strong men, Uncle Sam needs your help again.....
I know who Country Joe and the Fish are!

Read in Lizwhip's journal that you have all the John D. MacDonald books. I have nearly all of them. Love them, and the Travis McGee series too.
There was a tribute to John D. in Fort Lauderdale last Fall (I believe I have the facts straight...but there was a tribute to him) Glad to see he's being recognized. Also glad to see the Travis McGee series republished too.

Usually just read Liz's journal, but enjoy everyone's contribution.

'got himself into a jam, way down yonder in Viet Nam'.....

J.
  #199   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 18:14
Registered Member

Stats: 194/186/159 Female 66in.
BF:

Hi everyone,
Wow this is great to find all of these "over age" people...Can we please have an over 45/50 forum group (or whatever they are called????) I desperately need some advice on HRT that I have been on for about 10 days and I am sure it is slowing my weight loss. Perhaps some "I was on HRT and Atkins and survived" advice would be good.
  #200   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 18:23
Registered Member

BF:

Sorry Chloesue, Didnt read too carefully. Can I come too pleeeese?
  #201   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 18:31
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklady22
Can we please have an over 45/50 forum group (or whatever they are called????)

Sounds as though you are looking for The Over Fifties Forum.

Roz
  #202   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 08:00
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks Rosebud,
Are you chasing me round this site? I seem to be arriving in all sorts of different areas and will be pleased to "settle" in one group. Thanks for the continued efforts on my behalf.
  #203   ^
Old Fri, Jun-30-06, 06:48

Plan: sugar busters
Stats: 249/222/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Default Hi ya'll

I'm a new person to this forum. I just found it yesterday. I've been on Sugar Busters for about 2 months now and have lost a few pounds. I just need a mental boost! I seem to lose more inches than pounds. I really want to be under 200 (199 will be ok) before my 51st birthday the end of Aug. I'm stuck!!!! I seem to work all the time and really get no exercise. I've been working about 50 hours a week and coming home to a husband. I'm sure all you women know what kind of a work in progress a husband is!! Any sugestions to kick start my losing again? I guess I've done ok on loss but I want more...faster! I've gone from 249 to 222 as of this morning.
Thanks from L.A........That's Lower Alabama
  #204   ^
Old Sun, Aug-06-06, 10:45

Plan: The Four Corners diet
Stats: 340/330/180 Female 6'
BF:
Progress:
Default and it's 1,2,3 what are we fightin for?....

Oh yeah, I remember Country Joe, Quick Silver, the Airplane, the Dead ofcourse, Joni & Janis,the Doors, Santana, CSN&Y, the Band, Hendrix, - and I still wear patchouly oil and still consider myself a flowerchild, LOL, am I dating myself here? I'm 55 and have replaced a lot of those old albums with the re-released CDs.... anyway, back in the days of Woodstock I never would have dreamed one day I'd have the weight problem that I do, But here I am, needing to lose atleast 100 lbs, and the weight is coming off ever so slowly. I started low-carbing seriously about 5 years ago and stuck with it for awhile but eventually "fell off the wagon" Now I'm back on again and this time around, it's more about improving my health that weight loss - I mean I need and want to lose weight but I am not in such a hurry for that to happen - if it takes a few years that's OK as long as I am improving my health along the way. My scale won't even register my weight at this point so I don't know exactly what I was when I started a month ago and don't know exactly what I've lost so far - I'm guessing 10 lbs or so based on how loose my jeans have become - not much, but enought to notice. Anyway, here's wishing sucess to all of us on our journeys to health and slimness! (or slimmer-ness - I kinda doubt if I'll ever really be slim again, I'll be happy with just slimmer!)
  #205   ^
Old Wed, Sep-13-06, 08:20

Plan: Meat & Egg Plan/modified
Stats: 265/265/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm 59 and I have been on Atkins off and on since the 1970s. I always have regained the weight and it seems to have homesteaded on my torso. I started again in Jan. of this year, lost 25 pounds, I got off the WOE for a couple months and regained 10 pounds, I really want to relose that and lose more by Christmas. I need the support of folks like me to encourage me and make me realize that I can do it if I will stick with it.
I started this time at 265 want ot see 235 by Christmas.
  #206   ^
Old Tue, May-29-07, 11:23
Registered Member

Stats: 155/144/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default I'm 65.

It is slower now, isn't it? The easiest weight loss was 30some years ago when I was nursing a baby. It really rolled off. But just 5 years later nursing didn't do it, and I've been hanging onto those baby pounds most of the ensuing years. I have a good feeling that learning how many carbs I can/can't handle is going to keep me thin the rest of my life. I went to TOPS in my small town and lost 10 rather quickly, then it screached to a halt. That's when I started reading about all the research into Atkins and discovered that it isn't the awful hazard I'd thought it might be. I don't have as much to lose as many of the wonderful folks on this site, so I think it will go slower because of that as well as my age. But that's ok because I need a lot of time to get this way of eating in my brain so it's there for life. I want to be a healthy, active Grandma to my new grandson.
  #207   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-07, 19:34

Plan: Meat, Veggies, Nuts
Stats: 181/185/130 Female 61.5
BF:Falling Fluff
Progress: -8%

Hi, everyone I found this page hunting for a woman that made me laugh just by reading her post, Tarheel is her name, but I can't find her Journal anymore. Well anyway , I would like to hang out here, if that is ok.. I am 51 yrs old, and working hard on my last 19 lbs. I would love them off by Christmas, but i"m not holding my breath, I might die first, lol....Debbie
  #208   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-07, 10:36

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

Hismouse TarHeel doesn't have a journal
I did however find her profile
http://forum.lowcarber.org/member.php?userid=24582
  #209   ^
Old Sun, Feb-17-08, 08:55

Stats: 190/154/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Just two years ago before I quit smoking and before menopause, the weight literally dropped off of me. Now I've been back at this for 4 weeks and have only lost 7lb. Which really isn't bad, I know. I haven't as much to lose this time but it seems much more difficult this time around (the last time!)
Gees when will I learn!
I was 53 the 4th of Feb. At least that's what the drivers license says. In my head I'm only 33.
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Mar-31-08, 11:33
Registered Member

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 225/220/175 Female 5ft 4in
BF:Don't know
Progress:

Hey ,I don't have a country joe and the fish album but I do have one of their songs on a 60's album, hope that counts!

I just turned 58 and like you said I tried this diet back in the early 70's it was called the air force diet back then, I lost weight SO easy then, now it is such a struggle, I'm a diabetic and for some reason that seems to make it that much harder, stick in there, I have high hopes for us both, we can DO this!!!!

Good Luck and stay in touch, Frothy