Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 00:40
Registered Member

Plan: Forever Slim(Dr Robert Harris)
Stats: 221/167/120
BF:
Progress: 53%
Question HELLO

Hello everyone. Ive just joined.I live in Queensland and have similiar problems obtaining low carb products.
I have often read references to pork rinds to being used.I was wondering if anyone could help me find them here.
Are they the fat they cut from roast pork or something? Ive even read that they come in different flavours.
I have managed to find sugarfree cadbury chocolate.It has nutrasweet in it instead of sugar.I was wondering if this product is ok for low carbing?
I am on the "forever slim" diet. It was brought out by Dr Robert Harris.

dazza
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 00:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Welcome to the Forum dazza! Why the sad face? If you're not happy now, lowcarbing will make you very happy!

Can you explain a little bit about what the Forever Slim Diet is?

You really don't need any special products to low-carb, just real food. Pork rinds are also called pork scratchings. It is the skin which is dried and fried into crackling crispness.

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:13
Registered Member

BF:
Smile Forever Slim Diet

The forever slim diet is a low carb diet as well.
You dont eat any carbs whatsoever until after 6-00pm.
After this time you can have your allotted carb for the day.The carb total for each person is worked out according to their correct height to weight ratio.In my case because Im 5 feet 3 inches I should weigh 60kgs and therefore should eat only 37 grams of carbs per day.
We can eat any kind of carbs after 6-00pm as long as they dont exceed the allotted amount.
I hope this sort of explains the diet.

dazza
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-01, 19:34
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

Hi Dazza,

Welcome aboard! I always love to hear about all the low-carb plans out there. Would you take a look here:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...p?s=&forumid=68

And see if you can add an entry for the forever slim diet? It's a very interesting project that should benefit all of us find out about all the plans and compare them.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/161/141
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Supplies

Hi there Dazza,

Welcome aboard also. I haven't seem any sugar free Cadbury's chocolate. Is it a big 250gram block or a bar? I have been enriching Darrell Lea with my spend in their store for chocolate. It is sweetened with Splenda, which has no known side effects, unlike nutrasweet which is aspartame and a potential carcinogen.

You will be please to know that in Coles, Big W etc recently I stumbled across Ricci brand sugar free Splenda sweetened fruit chews, mints and Caramel chews. I thought I had struck it rich! But to make it even better a couple of days ago I discovered that Double D (yes the eucalyptus lolly brand) are now making orange drops, mints, butterscotch, apple drops, lemon drops, fruit drops and ice mints, and a couple of others all in sugar free also! They are isomalt sweetened. I have been constantly on the search for new things all the time so was over the moon. An even better they are reasonably priced.

Good luck with it.

Jo
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 21:06
Registered Member

BF:
Smile HELLO

Hi Aussie Jo.
Thanks for your reply.The cadbury chocolate is a small block of chocolate.You can get it at woolies or bilo.Maybe other places as well.It is called cadbury lite.The only down side is that it is sweetened with nutrasweet.I know it isnt good but when the craving hits I only have a small piece of it and that satisfies me.Its better than pigging out on a block of chocolate full of sugar.Next time I go to Bigw Ill have a look out for the Ricci products.I hope they have them.Which lo carb program are you on? Im on the forever slim. Have you got yahoo messenger? Maybe we could compare different products and where we can buy them. Its hard to find a fellow diet buddy in Australia.

Dazza
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 21:31

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 293/274/155
BF:
Progress:
Default Isomalt

Quote:
You will be please to know that in Coles, Big W etc recently I stumbled across Ricci brand sugar free Splenda sweetened fruit chews, mints and Caramel chews. I thought I had struck it rich! But to make it even better a couple of days ago I discovered that Double D (yes the eucalyptus lolly brand) are now making orange drops, mints, butterscotch, apple drops, lemon drops, fruit drops and ice mints, and a couple of others all in sugar free also! They are isomalt sweetened.

Hi Aussie Jo

I also got really excited when I found the Double D lollies..they were SO yummy, but then when I looked up Isomalt on the net (I was curious why they listed the artificial sweetner under the Carb section of the nutrition panel) and found out it was a carbohydrate, something like 3.? per lolly if I remember correctly. I was very upset 'cos they were so yum and I thought I'D struck it rich!! Maybe I misunderstood, is isomalt not a carbohydrate? I hope I am wrong!!

What's worse? A carbohydrate or sugar? (just curious)

Stacie

PS I LOVE my Cadbury Lite chocolate!!
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 22:57
Registered Member

BF:
Smile HELLO Isomalt

I believe sugar is a carbohydrate. Its one and the same.

dazza