Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 04:47

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The butternut didn't burn, but didn't get crisp either and they shrank to tiny little soft things. Best I can say is they added more color to the plate next to a spiral zucchini tomato salad. Zigs may be best as a pasta substitute, steam or boil as on the box instructions.

TJ's has a new frozen Cauliflower Rice StirFry...they have already added peas and other tasty bits. I tried a sample and thought it quite good, and easy just heat up side dish if you have room for the carbs.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Sep-26-17 at 06:16.
Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Sun, Oct-22-17, 19:00

Plan: low carb
Stats: 171/125/145 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 177%

Janet- ha! I thought the oven in my new apartment must run cold. My zig zags never got crispy either
They were great in salad, though!

Omg- New amazing find:
Salmon croquets
A serving of 2 is 10 net, plus 3 fiber. They are really good. My DH isn't a salmon guy, and he liked them.
I served them with garlic shrimp and a green salad.
Definite buy again.

Last edited by Robin120 : Mon, Oct-23-17 at 10:21.
  #123   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 09:03

BF:

Trader Joe's simply nutty bars

First ingredients are peanuts, almonds, inulin, walnuts, dark chocolate
Each is 200 calories, 7 grams of net carbs plus 7g fiber, 7g protein

Get out of the way, I want that box! Please, please don't take the last box. I need that box.......
Go try these!
  #124   ^
Old Tue, Oct-31-17, 03:46

Those are good. Our store had on the new shelf a "Nut Butter" filled bar around a coconut crust, sounded good, but when I checked the label it was 23 g carbs, lots of added sugar for a little bitty bar. The Rx bars have carbs too. The nutty bars, like the Kind Bars, are usually the lowest in carbs...plus our store has a number of Quest Bars flavors can buy by the piece,
The winter flavors are showing up...a new Winter Wake-up tea, peppermint, etc. I think their brand of canned Organic pumpkin is one of the tastiest, Clean pumpkin so I stock up for the year now.
And there was a Pomegranate Vinegar on the new shelf, as well as fresh pomegranate...what would I do with those?? Would it change the taste of a simple oil dressing enough to make a difference? Nice bottle is about all I can say...passed on it for now.
  #125   ^
Old Thu, Nov-09-17, 04:12

Haven’t tried this yet...but new for Thanksgiving...Riced Cauliflower STUFFING. 1 pound bag frozen for $2.99. Fluffy, vegan cauliflower with carrots, cranberries, and usual stuffing herbs. Just heat in skillet. Also mashed cauliflower. Other special veggies are in flyer, and for small gatherings, the brined half Turkey breast.
Oh, and their cranberry chèvre looks holiday pretty on a cheese tray.
And if you make anything with Butternut Squash, buying a bag already cut and prepped into cubes is so worth $4.99 for 2 Pounds to avoid a kitchen knife disaster with a rock hard squash.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Nov-09-17 at 04:18.
  #126   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 06:59

BF:

Hmmmm.... you have me intrigued about the pomegranate vinegar. Might have to try it for you

I haven't seen the stuffing yet, but heard it is a lovely side, but texture is totally wrong to be a "stuffing."
I am keeping my eyes peeled.

I tried the creamy cauliflower soup- it's refrigerated section. It is peppery, but I loved it. I think it was 6 net per cup, but 2.5 c per container, so I made 2x 1.25 cup Bowls.
  #127   ^
Old Fri, Nov-24-17, 09:48

BF:

Freezer section carrot noodles. These are awesome!!!! They have firmer texture than zoodles, so they are perfect for cheese sauce, and I would think peanut sauce, alfredo, pesto......
They are just carrots and a little salt. Yum!!!!!
  #128   ^
Old Tue, Dec-05-17, 06:15

There were a few seasonal eggnog items, but all sugar. However, score with their new Icelandic Yogurt. 10g carbs, NO added sugar in the Plain, very thick and tangy. Just Milk and bugs assuming really 5 carbs for the whole container.
https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/po...e-nonfat-yogurt
To replace the beet hummus on a pretty holiday veggie platter, this year is a beet and garlic dip. 4 carbs, 1 fiber per 2T.
https://www.traderjoes.com/digin/po...sted-garlic-dip

Two of my DD's favorite Lush products are copied in TJ's gift selections...bath bombs in a four pack, and lip therapy... both scrub and gloss in a pack. The bath bombs had some production hiccups, each store not getting many of those.
Other non-candy-cookie gifts are teas, soaps, vinegars, mustards, spices, seven salts, 3 park of body butters, and the lovely scent "warm vanilla" body butter in larger size.

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Dec-05-17 at 06:23.
  #129   ^
Old Tue, Jan-02-18, 14:30

Mentioned before the Norwegian seed crackers were nice and crunchy, only 7g carbs with 3 fiber, but they did have a little wheat bran so not gluten-free. Well today on the new product shelf, a gluten-free version with 6g carbs and 3 fiber. Just had some cheese with a crisp and crunchy cracker...yum...something I find a pain to make. Can never seem to make or keep LC crackers crunchy...so this is a winner for me.
  #130   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-18, 12:23

BF:

You were spot in with the cauli stuffing (wish I bought more they discontinued it!) and those crackers.
I also Like the Icelandic yogurt.

Best recent find that became a staple is the healthy 8 chopped veg- it is great for salads, stir fries and soups. It has broccoli, celery, carrot , daikon, cabbage, etc....

Last edited by Robin120 : Sun, Mar-11-18 at 06:03.
  #131   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 06:14

BF:

Cans of unsweetened matcha green tea- I like to add my own sweetener, almond milk and serve over ice for an iced green tea latte.

Siracha tofu is perfect for nights i don't want to cook. I toss them on an Asian salad.

Soycutash- each 1/2 cup is 5 net carbs plus 5 fiber, so this is a steal if you want a little corn. Edamame replaces the limas. I like to have 1 cup for dinner. I typically have it with a simple grilled chicken or shrimp, so 10 net carbs for dinner

Okra crisps are my new favorite "chip." They are just okra fried in oil and salt. They are amazing!

Coconut oil in a spray can

Frozen chunks of Just Coconut for smoothies, snacking, a fruit salad with berries.....

Last edited by Robin120 : Sun, Mar-11-18 at 06:22.
  #132   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 05:01

Plan: Slow Carb
Stats: 110/110/125 Female 5"0'
BF:26%
Progress: 0%

I loveeeeeeee Trader Joe's. I love shopping there and picking up some of my favorite things there! Some of my fav's are:

Australian grass fed lamb
Grass fed ribeye steaks
Artichoke hearts
Organic eggs!!
Unsalted Cashews!
Unsweetened Matcha tea has been a new favorite of mine recently! so many health benefits.
  #133   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 05:38

OK Robin and Mica, two thumbs up...I will add Macha tea to my list.
Was afraid it would taste funky, but any cold tea appeals heading into a southern summer. Thanks.

Reminds me, expensive but convenient coffee tip. TJ's two Cold Brew Coffees. Was visiting a friend retired to a Florida condo, she only had a Kuerig (I truly dislike the weak coffees, the plastic, everything about it) So this year I bought TJ Cold Brews, heated up in microwave in morning, had Cold later in day. The French Roast is so flavorful, strong but not bitter. All the coffee lovers in group agreed. The Kuerig never came out of the cupboard

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Apr-08-18 at 05:48.
  #134   ^
Old Tue, Apr-10-18, 08:47

Plan: Slow Carb
Stats: 110/110/125 Female 5"0'
BF:26%
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
OK Robin and Mica, two thumbs up...I will add Macha tea to my list.
Was afraid it would taste funky, but any cold tea appeals heading into a southern summer. Thanks.

Reminds me, expensive but convenient coffee tip. TJ's two Cold Brew Coffees. Was visiting a friend retired to a Florida condo, she only had a Kuerig (I truly dislike the weak coffees, the plastic, everything about it) So this year I bought TJ Cold Brews, heated up in microwave in morning, had Cold later in day. The French Roast is so flavorful, strong but not bitter. All the coffee lovers in group agreed. The Kuerig never came out of the cupboard

YAY!!! I am glad I could help! I am going to definitely check out your coffee tip! I love cold brew coffee and have yet to try theirs. What I like to do to make a quick "cold brew" is I french press my coffee in the morning and put the remainder in the refrigerator for a mid-afternoon pick me up. French press coffee with freshly ground beans...there is nothing like it...mmmm
  #135   ^
Old Sun, May-27-18, 07:27

BF:

Janet- I love those crispbreads, too.

not sure if this has been mentioned yet, because the thread is long- their saur kraut! It also has cucumber and is so good. I'm trying to get more fermented veggies and this stuff is amazing with Turkey and Swiss and mustard.

In refrigerated section, there is a green dressing made with avocado and lemon. It is super low calorie, so you might want to add nuts or seeds to the salad, but it is really delicious.

Jicama sticks- it's a pain to cut up, so I think the convenience cost is worth it to me. With lime juice and chile flakes, it is amazing.

Last edited by Robin120 : Sun, May-27-18 at 07:35.