Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1756   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 07:15

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Karen.... congrats on DD graduation 👨‍🎓. What an achievement!

Jo... another one bites the dust but you were ready with new bike.

De... glad to see you.

Today is the first day that I feel like I can breathe. Been using that puffer taking my antibiotics and cough medicine. It is finally working. Hoping I will be able to join the family after class at magic kingdom but we will see.
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Sponsored Links
  #1757   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 07:42
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Thursday, 8 June 2017

Happy Friday Eve, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP Thursday as usual!!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

So totally terrific that everyone came in this morning! Woot! Woot!
We're like the 4 Musketeers or maybe the 4 Atkin-teers! I wanna be D'Artagnan!!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“Remember that staying ON PLAN will reduce your problems better than GIVING IN ever will!”
~ unknown

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
my computer clock says 6/8/2017 and time. Now if someone can tell me what actual day 6/8 is I would be good to go HAHA
Does yours have the day listed....like Thursday, 6/8 etc?

It is so true when one is off a real work schedule you truly do forget the days, and pssstt it can't be that I am getting older and really don't care as much what day it is ya know LOL
Yeppers, mine says the day of the week as well so that helps me know what day it is! B/c you're right, when we don't work outside the home, day of the week isn't that overly important!
Quote:
Hey I like that JO.....10 mins. OMG I can do anything for 10 and of course I would do a tiny bit more without feeling I committed to that full hr on the darn machine and not want to do it. Smart on that one...thanks!
IMHO, any little bit extra we do physically is terrific for our over-all good health! So baby steps, girlie!
Quote:
nothing big today. kiddo graduated last night. gave her speech and she did very well. got math awards and an art award. Proud momma
That is so great and you have good reason to be PROUD!
Quote:
Hubby THEN wanted to eat out. shoot me ya know. went mexican which is something we NEVER do He got tacos and me and kid got this chicken steak shrimp over rice covered in cheese. I got no rice, cheese to side. It was great! Seasoning was little spicy but doable and not sweet in any way. I dipped a few pieces in ''that cheese'' but not to my liking. So I stayed on plan easily. Would I go out of my way to eat this again....NOPE! It isn't my thing really but ok. Good thing is portions were not huge so I even eating that I didn't compromise myself I know at every place we eat I have to find my LC ways and I did.
Good job staying OP! Yeppers, it's really hard trying to do that in a Mexican eatery since beans, rice and tortillas are a staple to any of their dishes!
Quote:
simple day....the dreaded usual this and that of my life
I hear ya! But just think in a little bit you'll be at da BEACH!
Quote:
everyone have a great day all!!
Thanks and you too!

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Good morning ...

How is everyone today?
Here I is!
Quote:
Just waking up myself and NEED COFFEE!
Quote:
Bernie ...I hope you are feeling better! Can't be fun being on a trip and being sick!
Business trip at that...gees! I hope you are feeling better too, Berni!
Quote:
Jo...how you doing this morning? You sure know how to wear those bikes out, peddling, peddling guess it's time to get another back up! He, he.
Yeppers! The new 'backup' will be here next week! I'll see how long this one lasts me b/c I do put in a lot a mileage on those poor things!
Quote:
Have a great day all. Last day of school around here! Oh boy, the kids will be out and everywhere!!!
Thanks, hope you have a terrific day too!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Jo... another one bites the dust but you were ready with new bike.
Exactly! Gotta be prepared b/c I can't live w/o pedalin' whilst I use my computer!
Quote:
Today is the first day that I feel like I can breathe. Been using that puffer taking my antibiotics and cough medicine. It is finally working. Hoping I will be able to join the family after class at magic kingdom but we will see.
So good to hear that you are doing better! I hope you do get to enjoy time with you family after class today!

When you heading back home?
Quote:
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and you too, girlie!
  #1758   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-17, 07:59

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

DE Hope ya got your coffee!!! I know we gotta have our coffee for all you coffee drinkers My mom is a black coffee addict, in fact that is all the water she drinks in a day LOL

Bernie...so glad you posted.....getting worried about you.
WOW you got nailed but so happy the meds are taking effect. You go slow and take care of you!!!!!

JO, yea I had a chip in my hand. those stupid chips came and I watched them eat them and I picked one up. YES IN MY HAND and real fast I said.......stop it. Release. This is NOT what you do and ya ain't going there! So I know I get stronger all the time with my internal chats....hell you have to or ya can't make it long term

it took forever me checking the menu. finally hubby found that one and I knew I could adapt it. but ya know they had buffalo wings in there also and that would have been my default as usual....seems everyone sells them now thank goodness

glad everyone is doing great on the thread, except Bernie now has to get healthier but her meds should kick in now

we are doing good Warriors!
  #1759   ^
Old Fri, Jun-09-17, 05:23
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Friday, 9 June 2017

Happy Friday, WARRIORS!

Wishing all of you a totally FAB-tastic day in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Avoid EXCUSES & maintain positive beliefs and attitudes towards your environment & what you perceive as barriers! (For example, 'I can always make time for what is most important to me' versus, 'I don’t have time to measure/weigh my food,' etc.)”
~ Tony Venuto

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea I had a chip in my hand. those stupid chips came and I watched them eat them and I picked one up. YES IN MY HAND and real fast I said.......stop it. Release. This is NOT what you do and ya ain't going there! So I know I get stronger all the time with my internal chats....hell you have to or ya can't make it long term
You did GREAT! And yeppers, just "SAY HELL NO" really is what separates those of us that are successful with those that aren't!

Gosh, I know exactly what you're saying about the internal dialogue with our "FCC"!

Believe it or not, I still have to bitch slap "Fat Jo" sometimes b/c she tries to get a toe into my reality...even now! But I have a boat load of strategies that can keep her in that maintenance cage and do me NO HARM! It's not always easy...
Quote:
it took forever me checking the menu. finally hubby found that one and I knew I could adapt it. but ya know they had buffalo wings in there also and that would have been my default as usual....seems everyone sells them now thank goodness
defaulting to chicken wings! That's cool that your DH helped you find that dish! At least he is supportive of your WOE! That's terrific!
Quote:
glad everyone is doing great on the thread, except Bernie now has to get healthier but her meds should kick in now
Quote:
we are doing good Warriors!
We're doing GREAT!
  #1760   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 05:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 10 June 2017

**looks around** Wow, where is everyone?? Wonder if Berni is on her way back home from her week-long conference...

Okey dokey, let me get the ball rollin'...

Happy Saturday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“The difference between SUCCESSFUL & UNSUCCESSFUL people is that successful people are willing TO DO what unsuccessful people ARE NOT.”
~ EM Gray

#1761   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 05:53

BF:

nothing much to report

just doing my thing around this place

off to store early for massive pool supplies I need. never ending but still I love the darn pool as much as I hate it HAHA

have a great day everyone!!!
  #1762   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 07:24

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Good Morning.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Nothing new to report.

Cooked up some salmon yesterday, will be eating more today.

Just chilling out today.

Did some yard work yesterday.

Warrior On....
  #1763   ^
Old Sat, Jun-10-17, 14:54

BF:

Hello warriors!

How is everyone doing today?

On my way home!
Tennessee tonight then Home tomorrow
  #1764   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 04:07

BF:

DE, your boring nothing report is just like my boring nothing report LOL, but I have to say some days boring nothing days are good for ya!!

Bernie, safe trip!! How are ya feeling now? Are you on the mend and feeling alot more spiffy? Hope you do well thru the long drive! Give us a report when ya get home!!!

JO what summer trouble are ya getting into?

HI ALL
hubby took a rare sick day to work.
bad back.

Went to ER with kiddo for ankle. Not broken. A monster sprain and she is on crutches. Doc says 3-4 days she should walk on it and hopefully good sooner than later with beach trip coming up.

MIL is going to rehab for a few days. transfer today. she is super weak and wants more time just doing nothing so since it is covered she said she is going for it. We will check in on her and see what is doing. Hubby went to her house yesterday and cleaned out fridge etc.

another whatever day will happen. got this and that I have to finish.....I guess we just call it our lives we have to handle LOL

great day warriors!!
  #1765   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 06:43
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 11 June 2017

Happy Day, WARRIORS!

Wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“Cheating is when we KNOW what works for us WOE-wise but DELIBERATELY eat off-plan!.”
~ unknown

Karen: Hope you finally got your pool all chemically balanced for swimming!

at summer trouble! I ain't telling no way José!

Actually Imma just chil-laxing ~ NOT thinking one iota about school (yet) : reading, playing guitar, crocheting afghans so I can use up some of my yarn and buy more! Here's what Imma making, I love making these:

"Mile a Minute Afghans"

Yeah, I like to keep a record of what I make and my DDs always love to "see" what Imma creating! I make 'em and then give them away as gifts.

Sorry to hear about your DH's bad back... and OMG you're DD's ankle! How'd she do that? Glad to hear that it's only a sprained but gees... when it "rains" in sure does "pour" at your house!

Holy Hannah you guys NEVER get a break!

Sorry to hear that your MIL is in rehab but it's great that she realized that she needed more recovery time with professionals, good for her! Hope she recovers quickly! She's only had one surgery and needs the gallbladder removal one too, right?

Imma sure you've started the countdown to your beach get-away! Isn't that starting next weekend?

De: Nice that you're getting a chance to just chil-lax! How's the weather out there?? Here it's been trying to hit the 100s! HOT HOT and more HOT! So of course everything "outdoors" has to been done NLT 11 am... cause it gets to stinkin' hot!

Berni: Safe travels home! I know you'll be glad to be back home. Hope you're finally feeling better!
  #1766   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 07:11

BF:

JO I do nothing like that....is that knitting or crochet? No clue on it but I know both use yarn I guess HAHA Must be nice to make and give them to someone who needs one! I like that!

MIL called after I typed. She is coming home. Thank goodness hubby took sick day....he will go get her. She woke up this morning full of pizz and vinegar and says she is much much improved and can easily do home now.

Kiddo was running with friends and just did the stop, twist ankle very bad, kinda thing only 3 hrs in ER so that was good, could have been worse with ER so I count my blessings on that one.

pool is coming along swimmingly I finally got control back!!!

day getting busy now. kiddo already complaining she is bored Will get out the golf cart and let her drive around the roads and pasture to entertain her....no way she can do pool ladder at all....but let's see if I can get thru this darn day
  #1767   ^
Old Sun, Jun-11-17, 09:03

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning..

Yesterday was the perfect weather day, but a bit windy. The sun wasnt beaming down. I don't know what today will bring though.

I babysat last night. It was fun, the kids were sweet. DGD is pretty much a non stop talker now! DGS reminds me at times I'm old we went for a walk but they were full speed ahead. Walking is fine, running not so much.

Yesterday ended up not being a chillax day, maybe today. I did yard work since it was not hot out. Weeds needed pulling. Had already mowed the day before.

Ok..back to watching the new season of Orange is the New Black.

Have a great day!

Last edited by DelaneyLC : Sun, Jun-11-17 at 09:20.
  #1768   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 03:42

BF:

DE, the weeds are not fun are they? Pull one and 6 more pop up to take its place LOL

HI ALL
MIL is home. she improved and wanted out LOL
Have to go over and hit store for her and then hit walgreens for meds she needs.

have alot to handle today. here there and everywhere.

good thing walgreens pharm opens at 8, I can get my day moving eariler and get things handled

everyone have a fine day!!
  #1769   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 04:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 12 June 2017

Happy Monday, WARRIORS!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual!
Stay WARRIOR Strong!

“The greatest temptation in LIFE is to settle for LESS!”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO I do nothing like that....is that knitting or crochet? No clue on it but I know both use yarn I guess HAHA Must be nice to make and give them to someone who needs one! I like that!
It's crocheting... at they both use yarn! Yeppers!
Quote:
MIL called after I typed. She is coming home. Thank goodness hubby took sick day....he will go get her. She woke up this morning full of pizz and vinegar and says she is much much improved and can easily do home now.
That's great that your MIL is home now! When's her next surgery?
Quote:
Kiddo was running with friends and just did the stop, twist ankle very bad, kinda thing only 3 hrs in ER so that was good, could have been worse with ER so I count my blessings on that one.
Imma sure you guys are glad it's only a twisted ankle, it really could've been worse!
Quote:
pool is coming along swimmingly I finally got control back!!!
That's great! Imma sure you're enjoying the heck out of it now! You lucky duck!
Quote:
day getting busy now. kiddo already complaining she is bored Will get out the golf cart and let her drive around the roads and pasture to entertain her....no way she can do pool ladder at all....but let's see if I can get thru this darn day
Oh you guys have an above ground pool? For some reason I thought you had an in ground pool... That's cool b/c the day you decide that's IT, you just drain it and put it away huh?

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Yesterday was the perfect weather day, but a bit windy. The sun wasnt beaming down. I don't know what today will bring though.
Hope your Sunday weather wasn't too HOT!
Quote:
I babysat last night. It was fun, the kids were sweet. DGD is pretty much a non stop talker now! DGS reminds me at times I'm old we went for a walk but they were full speed ahead. Walking is fine, running not so much.
Nice that you had a great Saturday with your grands...
Quote:
Yesterday ended up not being a chillax day, maybe today. I did yard work since it was not hot out. Weeds needed pulling. Had already mowed the day before.
Hope you got a chance to chil-lax!
Quote:
Ok..back to watching the new season of Orange is the New Black.
Wow, I didn't know it was back on now... I don't watch TV at all, I turn on the TV long enough to see the weather when they are doing the news and click it off... I can't tell you the last time I watched anything on Netflix either...
  #1770   ^
Old Mon, Jun-12-17, 12:19

BF:

Hello warriors,

How are you doing today?

Got it at about 11 last night and went straight to work!

Lordy I am tired 😴 heading for a nap shortly!
Karen.... sorry to hear about DD injury. I am feeling better but still have a bit of a cough. Will be taking meds till Wednesday!
Have a marvelous Monday and take care of yourself!
Closed Thread