Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 11:40

Plan: south beach
Stats: 160/159/135 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hello,
I have a question -- why does it say progress 40% when this is just my first day!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 11:54

BF:

Thanks Katrina,
I am sure going to try. Hoping for your ongoing support and advise. It is almost 2:00 PM and I have not eaten any lunch, but I already have prepared chopped salad (spinach, celery, cucumber, radish, tomato boilded eggs with Yogurt + Meyo dressing) -- got to go!
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 14:16

Plan: Low Carb, Good Carb
Stats: 206/164/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 91%

40% lost because you have put your starting weight as 10lbs more than your current weight.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-07, 14:33
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaka
Hello,
I have a question -- why does it say progress 40% when this is just my first day!

Yes, med is right, go into your profile and adjust your current weight to 160, not 150.

The Meal Plan Guide is not in the book itself as it comes from the official SBD web site. You can certtainly follow the menus in the book but many people like to create their own.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jul-03-07, 08:04

BF:

I modified my profile today for the current weight of 159 - lost 1 lb in a day - could be water weight and the progress shows 4% much better.
I am going to be ok today most of the day but this evening I am going to a friends house to play tennis have dinner there but I plan to drink a smoothy before leaving and stick to vegies at her house wish me luck!
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 11:24

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 179/179/145 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just have to say , Im enjoying the plan. I feel good , the scale is moving downward again! And you all are so nice & motivating.
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 12:54
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaD10
I just have to say , Im enjoying the plan. I feel good , the scale is moving downward again! And you all are so nice & motivating.

Great!! You're doing a very good job transitioning....and you've got an excellent attitude which always is helpful.

Good job on the loss!!
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-07, 14:58

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 165/135.1/130 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:36%/27.5%/26%
Progress: 85%

Hurray! I'm so glad! Keep up the good work!
  #54   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 16:25

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 179/179/145 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Question , can I have fat free sugar free ice cream if I stick to a real portion of 1/2 cup , or should I wait til I start phase 2. Just asking cuz I gave my husband some icecream. I have fudgecicles tho if you think I should wait.
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 16:56
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaD10
Question , can I have fat free sugar free ice cream if I stick to a real portion of 1/2 cup , or should I wait til I start phase 2. Just asking cuz I gave my husband some icecream. I have fudgecicles tho if you think I should wait.

If it were me, I'd wait for phase II...you can have 2 fudgsicles a day.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 21:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/144/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I've been on Atkins, and losing slowly. The things I miss are not bad things; white bread and potatoes don't tempt me, but skim milk, tabouli, berries and yogurt, an apple now and then would make me feel much more "normal." I'd be happy to trade some of the fat calories I've had on Atkins for them. So here I am. My book hasn't arrived, but I've gleaned enough from this forum (thanks to all of you) to get started. My only question now has to do with cheeses. Do I call them dairy? Do they count as part of the 2 cups/day?
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-07, 21:29
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy41
I've been on Atkins, and losing slowly. The things I miss are not bad things; white bread and potatoes don't tempt me, but skim milk, tabouli, berries and yogurt, an apple now and then would make me feel much more "normal." I'd be happy to trade some of the fat calories I've had on Atkins for them. So here I am. My book hasn't arrived, but I've gleaned enough from this forum (thanks to all of you) to get started. My only question now has to do with cheeses. Do I call them dairy? Do they count as part of the 2 cups/day?

Hi Joy...Welcome!!

Technically, cheese is considered an unlimited protein on SB and I happen to disagree with this....but just like atkins( 4 ozs a day), it does need to be kept to a minimum.

I allow myself 1-2 ozs a day and I do count it in with my dairy totals. At your current weight, cheese is calorie dense and it would be wise for you to keep it small also.

The Updated Food Lists thread has a lot of good info includng the Meal Plan Guides....have you seen them yet?

Good Luck!
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 07:24

BF:

I went to a new internist who took my blood for testing to get thyroid med. She might have to increase my thyroid dose. My weight is starting to come off slowly. I am starting to exercise again. Last week I did the spinning class at the Y 3 times. Felt good. Looked at the recipes. I am going to try the ricotta cheese cake
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 07:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/144/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thank you! I spent a long time last night browsing all the food lists and meal guidelines. There is a lot here, and I kept the printer busy. This is a goldmine of information and social support. I don't have a lot of weight to lose, but I want badly to integrate a healthy way of eating into my lifestyle so that there is never a sense of "going off the diet," just a slow transition into managing food for the rest of my life. I know I can never be unconscious about what I eat, but I hope to shuck the uncomfortable mind games about it, the magical thinking stuff, and guilt. I've been much larger than the 155 I was when I found this site. In fact, it was the umteenth time I'd approached a healthy weight and I began to panic at the thought of failing again to move from losing to maintaining. Atkins gave me a good start. I think SB will get me there!
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 07:49
Attitude is a Choice

Good for you Alaka!!

Your very welcome Joy!!
If you ask me, this plan has taught me how to eat properly for the first time in my life. I am not struggling to maintain my loss. However, I eat the same way I ate in phase II with a few extra treats.

I think that its good to make up rules for ourselves with limits on different foods, ie: the 2oz. limit I give myself with cheese. I rarely eat flour, even whole grain flour. I do eat a Wasa crsipbread in rye daily but avoid wheat in general. I keep my nut allowance to 2 ozs a day.

My 2 favorites from my very bad eating days of the past are pasta and bagels....so in order for me to not feel deprived and that I'd never have them again, I allow myself to have them once a month...so far so good.

Designing a plan that we can live with is all about what phase II is to me....and I think should be what it is to all of us. In one way, my 18 months doing phase II was a very long time. It gave me a very long time to design a good plan for myself as I kept trying new foods to give myself a wide variety of foods to eat to avoid boredom.

I'm very strict on grains in general and rarely have a cereal at breakfast....but thats just me and some can, I can't.
Closed Thread