Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 21:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:
Default BB.....cauliflower fried "rice" recipe??

O.k. was browsing through peoples journals and that sounded sooo good, can you give me the recipe?? TIA.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 21:54

Plan: Atkins (Pre-Maintenance)
Stats: 160/135/130 Female 5'5"
BF:35%/28%/22%
Progress: 83%

This is a recipe creation by our resident food goddess and one of the forum founders, Karen.

Here's a link: Cauli-fried Rice

Enjoy!

Angela
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 21:55
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hiya Busymomma,

If you go to "Low Carb Recipes" on the orange bar at the top of the screen, you'll find Karen's recipe for "Cauli-flied Rice."

Cheers.

Rosebud
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 23:31

Plan: Modified SB...switched from Atkins
Stats: 150/145/125
BF:
Progress: 20%
Smile Hi Busy!

Finally back on the forum....Ive been busy too! hehe. Im having withdrawls *knocks hubby out of the way to get to the computer, I'll kiss you latahhhhhhhhhhh, move*. LOL jk, but it is good to be back.

The cauliflower fried rice I had was made from Karens recipe given nicely by Angela up there.

I didnt grate it(overlooked that)but chopped it up real fine, or press the water out(overlooked that too) but still it came out delicious.

I saw Karens idea on some other thread which started out talking bout something else (cant remember which) and it didnt state the above steps. I would definately grate and press next time.

I warn you tho, this stuff is TOO GOOD. I couldnt chance it again until after induction ...I ate too much of it and thus went over my carb allotment for 2 days and gained back 3 pounds!

Very nummy.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Feb-25-03, 00:21

Stats: 195??/186/150
BF:
Progress:

hmm, maybe I *will* wait on that one......that's o.k. I've tons of new recipes I wanna try so this one can wait a week or so. LOL.
Thanks guys....
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 17:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 240/240/200 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Hiya Busymomma,

If you go to "Low Carb Recipes" on the orange bar at the top of the screen, you'll find Karen's recipe for "Cauli-flied Rice."

Cheers.

Rosebud

I'm sorry - I've seen the advice to check the recipes at the top of the page several times now - but I don't find any orange bar nor the low carb recipe button. Could you please be a little more specific? Many thanks.
Gretchen
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 17:16
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretcheno
I'm sorry - I've seen the advice to check the recipes at the top of the page several times now - but I don't find any orange bar nor the low carb recipe button. Could you please be a little more specific? Many thanks.
Gretchen

It's now 5 years later, and what used to be the orange bar is now green. "Recipes" is on the top green menu bar.

Rosebud
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-07-08, 20:51
Great seller! A+++++

Plan: mine
Stats: 123/456/789 Female 2'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I just wrote an article , and included preparation as well as a fried rice recipe.

Here is a Spanish Rice recipe, too.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 08:34

BF:
Progress:

Thank you. I found the "recipe" link at the top - but alas couldn't find the recipes I was specifically lookiing for. FINALLY found the small Google search box at the very bottom of the page...
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 16:37
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleochatra
I just wrote an article , and included preparation as well as a fried rice recipe.

Here is a Spanish Rice recipe, too.

Ok, Carbarella, explain to me this Examiner concept! I'm fascinated and would love to open a dialogue with you! PM me?....

#11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-08-08, 18:40
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Thank you. I found the "recipe" link at the top - but alas couldn't find the recipes I was specifically lookiing for. FINALLY found the small Google search box at the very bottom of the page...

There is a "search" link in the middle of the lower (above the posts) green menu bar.

You can also find recipes here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdis...&daysprune=&f=2

Which recipes in particular are you looking for?

Rosebud
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 16:18

BF:
Progress:

Hi Rosebud and thanks for the help. I have tried using the Search function on the green bar, but it doesn't necessarily take me to a specific recipe. I usually have to read several Journal or Bootcamp entries... Is there an easy & quick way to access just a recipe without all the rest of the "small talk"? Not that I'm criticizing the ssmall talk - just want to be able to access a recipe when needed.
Thanks
Gretchen
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-08, 17:31
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Hi Rosebud and thanks for the help. I have tried using the Search function on the green bar, but it doesn't necessarily take me to a specific recipe. I usually have to read several Journal or Bootcamp entries... Is there an easy & quick way to access just a recipe without all the rest of the "small talk"? Not that I'm criticizing the ssmall talk - just want to be able to access a recipe when needed.
Thanks
Gretchen

You can click on "kitchen forums" on the search page so you will only go to the recipe itself, or, you can go to the specific recipe forum, ie, Sweet Treats or Breakfast Idea, and you will find a "sticky" thread at the top of each subforum with "Contents." There is a link to each recipe there.

Roz
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-08, 07:10

BF:
Progress:

Thanks Roz!