Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Do you think my following a form of Atkins will be successful for me?
Yes, as long as you watch your overall food intake and exercise every other day 1 25.00%
It may help, but following the Atkins diet strictly is the best way to go 3 75.00%
No, the only way to be successful is to be strict and follow the Atkins Diet Completely 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 380/350/175
BF:
Progress: 15%
Cool My goal is 175

I think a goal of 175 is good. I am trying my hardest this time. So far, I have lost about 22 pounds in a little over 2 weeks. I have been on yo yo diets for years and finally want to do something to end that. I want to maintain a healty wait and get down to something that will make me feel great!

I started at 380, I am now about 358, so yes I have a lot to lose, but hopefully with everyone's help on here I will be able to do it.

I have not been totally following the Atkins Diet, but I have been limiting my carbs and trying to watch everything else as well. Im taking a multi-vitamin everyday, with an extra boost of Vitamin E (cause I heard it was good for you).

Well I will definitely keep everyone up to date and please let me know how you all are doing and anything else that you think will help me with my goal. I took a "Before" picture and as soon as I get it scanned I will post it, along with current pictures through out my progress. Write to me!!!

I am a 28 year old white male, 6'0, 358, short black hair, brown eyes, and a very cool person!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-30-02, 20:51

Plan: "Curves" for women
Stats: 333/271/145
BF:
Progress: 33%
Smile

Hi Dave,

It sounds like you are doing everything right so far. Just remember to drink all your water and then some! If you like lemonade then try putting fresh lemon juice and an equal packet of sweetner in your water. I find this helps me get all my water in. And most importantly....Don't forget to exercise at least 3x's a week. This way you will build muscle along with losing weight! Well, good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

Sheelah
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 11:50

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Good luck, Dave!

Just read your note and wanted towish you luck reaching your goal of 175. In my heart, I share the same goal. On paper I'm saying 250.

You'll see from my stats that I have a good deal more to lose than you do, but I'm loving this WOE and I'm full of hope. I'm also continually inspired by the folks on this board.

Keep up the good work and post often to share your experiences!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Feb-08-02, 15:10

BF:
Default Thanks...

Hi there,

First, thank you for your comments. I truely appreciate everyones interest in helping me, and others of course reaching their goals. It would truely be alot more difficult without such advise and comments.

Secondly, you look good in your picture, and it doesnt look like you weigh over 400 pounds, maybe its the angle or whatever, but you look a little bit smaller than me! You appear that you have more muscle or something, I dunno..but it kinda looks that way...

Anyways, Im down to 350 now, but im still working alot harder...cause I have a lot more to lose. Please write back. Thanks!!!

Dave
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 11:04

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Congratulations!

Dave!

I apologize for not getting back sooner. I sometimes forget the various places I have posted!

But I wanted to congratulate you on having lost 30 lbs! I'm just at 25 lost, but I feel so much better. I'm inspired by many things and many people. I'm also keenly aware that summer will be here in about 5 minutes and I'd like to be as comfortable as possible.

We're losing at a good clip, so it's clear we're doing something right. Are you exercising yet? I have only just started taking short walks with my dog and plan to get back into weight training soon as well.

Take care and continued success to you!

Donald
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-22-02, 18:19

BF:
Default Losing Weight...

Donald,

Thanks for the encouragement. I definitely need yours and everyone elses encouragement in order to be successful. I have started to use the treadmill a little bit and lifting some weights. A little at a time. Sometimes I wish I could just pay money to be able to get rid of the weight in a day, but we all know that is not possible.

Im getting there, slowly but surely...and hopefully 175 will be around the corner; i'll settle for 200, but the more the merrier. Write back!

Dave