Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 13:42

Plan: Atkins for now
Stats: 170/170/150 Female 5'11"
BF:Dont know
Progress:

Suzee.
Hello! Well, Im on day one of Induction, after a failed attempt 2 days ago BUT...Your energy is very up-lifting, and Im glad to hear all is going so well for you. I hope today or tomorrow I too get my butt over to the gym and sweat off some of that holiday bonus fat I gained! Keep up the good work, and good luck!

A
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 20:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%
Thumbs up Behave you can do it!

Thanks for the reply. We can all always use the words of encouragement. Just stay focused and true. The first 3 days are the hardest but after that, its a walk in the park. Once all the sugar is purged from the system, that is when the energy level comes up and the cravings stop. I found and still find when a craving comes on, I will take a walk. Do something for a few minutes till the urge passes. It always helps me. Grab that one outfit in the closet that doesn't fit but will someday very soon! It keeps you motivated. We are all here because of our compulsive addiction to sugar. This is where we break away from this madness. We are not like some who can consume anything they want and not gain an oz. We need to come to terms with that and do what we know deep down inside we must do. If you flounder, just get up the next day and start again. It's a new day!

Just some words of encouragement. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Start a journal here on this website. Writing it all down keeps it in perspective.

Danakins! I am ready to hit the Beach. South Beach that is! All my prep is done and I am ready to rock and roll! 1/19/04 - START DATE!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 05:46
Getting back to me

Plan: LC WW
Stats: 176/167.2/145 Female 5'7" in
BF:
Progress: 28%

Be_have, How did you do on Induction yesterday? What seems to be the issue for falling off? Keep coming back to the board for support when you feel like getting off track. You can do it!

Suz, Fantastic! Preparation is the key for me in just about all things.

I got on my treadclimber yesterday and as I expected, I'm up on the scale 1/2 pound this morning. But, rather than getting upset about it like I would have in the past, I am okay knowing that eventually it will help. However, 160 is sooo close. I haven't been at this weight in 10 years and I'm very excited. There was a time when I couldn't seem to break under 170, so this is a big accomplishment for me. MY BMI is 25, so not very far to go to 24.9, which is heathly weight range.

Everyone have a great day and keep up the excellent work!!!

Danakins
  #34   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 16:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Starting SB 1/19/04
Stats: 182/147/130 Female 5'7
BF:25.2
Progress: 67%

Hi Dana,

Checking in. All is well on my first day of South Beach. Not to much different then Atkins but having V8 this morning was a treat. Lunch was great and I am off in a minute to start dinner. Hope all is well with you. Are you staying in Induction?

Be_Have, how is it going for you? Mind over matter. Remember that!