Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Nov-29-01, 20:15

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%

Quote:
We ordered the lo fat dressing, one envelope had 18 carbs, Can you believe that.

See w/ low-carbing you want to keep the fat...try the fatting dressing. For example, I usually use ranch - my reduced fat has 3 carbs and my fullfat only has one gram....I think blue cheese is traditionally the lowest, but don't quote me.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, Jan-13-02, 20:55
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/145/120
BF:
Progress: 74%

Antimanic,
This is Donna and I live in West Virginia. What part of West Virginia to you live. I live in Huntington it in the north west. I live in the tri-state of West Virgina, Ohio and Kentucky. I would love to join this buddy thread.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-02, 14:57

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 216/200/180
BF:
Progress: 44%
Talking

Best of luck dear!!!!!!!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Feb-26-02, 08:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/213/200
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hi All,

I'm from Maryland.... Started Atkins last June at 244 and today am at 213.... It is the easiest diet to follow.... Just learn the rules and you can play the game..... [My first girl friend taught me that].....

I read the first Atkins book when it came out but didn't think I needed to change my way of living.... Over these years I've taken notice of all that has been written about the program and have had many many overweight friends who have tried all sorts of diets and programs..... After I learned that the fat we eat is not the fat we wear the Atkins diet became the most sensible.... Then this past June I wound up in the hospital with bleeding ulcers and they weighed me at 244 pounds..... That was the highest ever for me.... I've been on Atkins since....

Once I had been off of sugar for a week---- and I mean totally off sugar---- my appetite had dropped considerably so I'm not eating nearly the quantity of food as previously..... I'm a technical person... so sugar can be simply defined and I can find it where ever it exists.... in Cokes, in catsup, in breads, in prepared foods, etc. etc. My success I'm believing is being able to avoid sugars and enjoying salads, vegetables, cheese and eggs.

ken