Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 21:23

Plan: my own gluten dairy free}
Stats: 209/170/132 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 51%
Default opinons on Three Lac plz

Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate any opinons on the product Three lac. I have reallly bad Candida and i am already taking supplements for this , but they don't seem to be working! I have seen this Three lac produst advertised, but it is alot of money to me and i want to be sure before i make spend so much money!

thank you
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-24-04, 14:48

Plan: radical
Stats: 230/218/185 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress:

Hi,
I just found my way into this forum by searching for information on Three Lac. Here's a thread I found all about it that brought me here: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173351

Three Lac sounds like the usual homeopathic "cure-all" scam. I wondered when I read the ingredients why anyone who wanted to cure a yeast infection would take a product containing yeast...LOL
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 02:44

BF:

Thanks i decided not to waste my money !
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-10-04, 21:45

Plan: candida elimination
Stats: 131/118/117 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%
Default threelac

I begun taking threelac last week after getting a reocurrance of yeast, so far not much has happened for me, of course I am just starting my period, that doesn't help, but I decided to try this along with a fairly strict diet, no yeasts, sugars, dairy, caffeine and alcohol, lots of veggies and proteins though. I have lost almost 13 lbs in one month, I really ate alot of bread and sweets before. I plan to finish the threelac anyhow, but also received a prescription for diflucan to fill next week.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-16-04, 20:48

BF:

Hey ,
thank you for your response. I am really glad that your yeast infection is clearing up! mine has pretty much done the same, but i used Difflucan and Grapefruit liquid extract [ it tastes bad but works] . nI was having trouble getting Three Lac in Australia and i would have had to buy it online. But, now things are better than ever and i am determined not to let Candida come back !

#6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-04, 18:25

BF:
Default diflucan

I continue to use threelac and am not sure still how it is working but plan to keep trying it, I haven't yet used my Diflucan prescription. Missy, I am wondering how much Diflucan you used and did you need more than one tablet, my doctor says to use 3 and not just one, and to use it for 3 periods( when mine flares up) and it should clear up.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-06-04, 20:26

BF:

Sorry it has taken me this long to reply, but i have been soo busy moving house.
in regard to the Difflucan dosage, there are different strengths. i have been using the lowest, but i use it once a month. It has been working so far, until i got sick and used prescription medication and then the candida flared up again. So, i think its important to keep up witht the difflucan, even if you have to take it the 3 times. Good luck with it.

#8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-07-04, 17:32

BF:
Default diflucan

Thanks for the reply, I have had another flare up so I am back on Diflucan, I stopped the Three lac although I still have a couple cans of it, I may go back to it but didin't want to take too many things at once. I have started using Betadine suppositories, 5 days worth so far, it is recommended to use for 14 days. With the flare up it is hormones but I wonder if I was a litle lax on the diet as well, oh well it isn't too bad, a little itchy but I will survivie.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Sep-11-04, 19:08

Plan: quick weight loss
Stats: 170/170/135 Female 5ft 6 in
BF:
Progress:

Is there anyone who has had an adverse reaction to ThreeLac? I'm having for the first time in my life gastrointestinal spasms around 3 am and it is horrible. I don't vomit my food, just fluid. My stomach is on fire, I'm so nauseated then the diarrhea hits. It is horrible. The only way to describe. I've never had anything like this in my life. Is Threelac suspect?
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 19:38

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto
Is there anyone who has had an adverse reaction to ThreeLac? I'm having for the first time in my life gastrointestinal spasms around 3 am and it is horrible. I don't vomit my food, just fluid. My stomach is on fire, I'm so nauseated then the diarrhea hits. It is horrible. The only way to describe. I've never had anything like this in my life. Is Threelac suspect?

My thought is that you may be having extreme die-off of the yeasties. I would try enemas to help clear the toxins out of your bowels.
Here is a site that has some good info on the trouble you describe. This link will take you to a discussion page on it.
I haven't tried the three lac yet, but just met someone today at my husbands office who had tried everything including the doctor prescribed chemical. She swears by three lac so hubby and I are going to try it.
Good luck to you!
http://www.curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=243&p=20
Garden
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Sep-30-04, 07:22

Plan: quick weight loss
Stats: 170/170/135 Female 5ft 6 in
BF:
Progress:
Wink

Thank you Garden! I had been taking Threelac for almost 30 days with absolutely no adverse reaction. In fact, I had not felt bloating, etc. so I was very happy. I had read about die-off symptons, but figured I would not experience those after this length of time. These episodes were so bad and this lasted about 20 days that some nights I would not go to sleep for fear of waking up again and going through the same thing. I felt that if I was already awake, I could keep from being so nauseated. I didn't consider die-off, but you know, maybe this is what that was. I did immediately stop Threelac and haven't taken any since. However, I feel so differently. Now this is the amazing part. I do not crave sweets (you would have to know my M&M obsession); my brain seems to signal "OK!!!! YOU'RE FULL!!!! DON'T EAT ANY MORE!!!!, and get this, that is what I do!!!! This is a miracle! I'm losing weight slightly, healthfully, each day. AND, BIGGIE BIGGIE here, I do not ache with Fibromyalgia!!!! Can you believe that!!!! I have noticed such a change in my attitude ~ no depressing thoughts as I seem to look forward, once again, to whatever life brings. This is really amazing. Thank you for the great website. I have checked it out. I'm glad to know so many others are taking ThreeLac.
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Dec-14-05, 00:17

Plan: atkins
Stats: 145/145/125 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress:
Lightbulb ThreeLac or any other anti-Candida cure -Why they work for some people and not others

Perhaps the many discrepancies regarding whether three lac and or other remedies work , and why they appear to work for some people and not for others can be accounted for due to dental amalgam and toxic root canal material. Both Husband and I had yeast problems. Mine were killed right after some months. My husbands, however, kept coming back the second he went off the diet/ three lac etc. It was then that we learned the connection between amalgam fillings and candida. Apparently it is very common to be unsuccessful with anti-yeast products while there is mercury/ amalgam fillings and toxic root canal material in the body. I had no amalgam fillings, and my hubby had several.

Once learning this we had his fillings removed with a dentist who specializes in doing so. Getting this done by a dentist who doesn't know how to safely remove the fillings can end up putting more toxic mercury in the blood stream than leaving them in. For more (free) information on this and on safe removal procedure contact Dental Amalgam Mercury Syndrome (DAMS Intl) at P.O. Box 7249 Minneapolis MN 55407-0249 or toll free 1- (800) 311-6265. They don't sell anything, they just send out free info.

It was a while after hubby's fillings were gone that the candida finally cleared up. *cheer* And imagine this, he can even eat wheat now-- something he's never been able to do without getting sick! Good luck to you all!!
Garden
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-05, 08:52

Plan: south beach
Stats: 144/134/134 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default Three Lac Works

You need to contact Mark at candidafree.net. His testimony will convince you that Three Lac saves lives. He has helped hundreds of other people get well with Three lac.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 18:53

Plan: n/a
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress:
Default Currently Using ThreeLac

First, not everyone who tries Threelac is suffering from candida so for some it won't work.

I started using ThreeLac a week ago. I have been experiencing the die-off symptoms, but found online a tip that Vitamin C will help reduce the effect. Today I took an EmergenC after and it worked! I can tell ThreeLac is working too. I have struggled with infections, itchy skin, uncomfortable muscles and so on since I was in elementary school. As a self proclaimed sugar addict I found it very hard to reduce my sugar intake drastically enough to fix my candida issue. Also, the candida issue itself increases the cravings so it's a tough diet change. I have seen my sugar cravings drop in the first few days. Even with die-off symptoms, I would see this product through just for some releif. I suggest to anyone using this product to try adding Vit C (buffered) to help w/ die-off symptoms and stick it out. ThreeLac formula is from a pharamceutical company in Japan for those who are resistant to non-regulated USA natural products.

I am also using acupuncture to help my body heal and have over the past few years dropped many of my poor eating habits.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Apr-19-07, 18:54

Plan: n/a
Stats: 180/180/140 Female 5.6
BF:
Progress:

And it contains yeast so the bacteria has something to feed on in the shipping process.