Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2311   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-18, 19:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

got on the laptop

Nicco, it is good you and your brother can chat about your mom and all later and come to some assessments etc. Anything like this can be tough for sure! But you sound so tired, I hope you get some down time.

Blue, sorry on the wrist. OW OW I hate things like that but I will take a sprain anyday over broken I know you would also but great to hear you are healing up.

Lori, safe travels tomorrow. I hear ya on the eating! I have been grazing like crazy on this trip and that is never a good thing. We come home late Thursday also and laundry is first thing I have to tackle. Darn big pool towels get on my nerves

KM hope you find yourself some good energy and keep up with your busy family life!!!

Jaz HI HI hope all is well. I am sure you miss your beach

quickie here
kid on phone and computer
hubby is making hot ham sandwich right now and annoying me with the stink of it Yea, he needs a sandwich at 10 at night, uh, NO ONE needs it HAHA
dog has gut troubles, the poops, yea, who loves that one, sure as hell not me who gets to deal with it all
I am sucking down tons of water. I hit some rum and diet fruit punch crystal light stuff and boy it woozied me out and just too darn hot to sit and drink too much but I tried LOL

home later tomorrow

packing kayaks and crap in the rv tomorrow and drive home.

THEN, home 3 days and off to Tennessee, to the Lost Sea. 5 days there in Yarberry Campground in TN.

I might not be able to post much, gonna be a freaking whirlwind of turnaround and off again...…

ok, getting tired, when camping 10 is past my bedtime LOL

take care all
Sponsored Links
  #2312   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-18, 20:42

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

ok it's 1030- just read TRIGs last post about ham sandwiches at 10:00- I want to laugh my ass off!!!!!!!!! I did- what a funny frekin post

Back in morning!
  #2313   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-18, 03:50

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Reporting in at o'dark thirty! Came out on the balcony and OMG....so freakin' humid you could cut it with a knife. Around 80 degrees and 1000% humidity, I think. Gonna be warm at the ball park today and then have to pile our sweaty selves in the car and start driving. Does anyone think Lori is gonna be cranky? Poor hubby.

Trig...home for 3 days and off again!? Woohoo! You are having a great summer girl!

Well, nothing to add since I posted last night. You may not hear from me until we're home tomorrow. Sure am gonna miss these crashing waves I'm looking at right now. Sigh.....
  #2314   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-18, 04:42

BF:

Lori- Safe travels back. Are you doing it in one trip or stopping half way? I guess I didn't realize that it was so far for you. How many hours is it? Wow! So when you come to Charleston are you flying?

I hear you loud and clear on tired of eating !!!!!!! - ME TOO

NIC- I love when ladies get together and laugh and play. What was the game you were playing?
Sounds like you are having a restful past couple days.
When does the boy come home? Sounds like he has had a blast too!

Blue- So glad your wrist is on the mend! I still wouldn't be doing heavy lifting if I were you! But yea to have you back!
You know that you can come here and write away if you are getting stressed . I sure do! I hear ya on the MUFFIN TOP- Gosh I hate it! I seriously have only had one now about a year. Which I don't get at all.
Even at my heaviest- I never had a MUFFIN. SIGHHHHHH See below- again my stuggle to rid myself of the muffin.

Trig- I love your schedule- I want your life!!!!! Seriously I loved that pic- Like BLUE said- roll outta bed and coffee by the lake. Do you wear bug spray? That is the thing that keeps me from sitting out in the evening- the bugs. They are vicious here. I swear I went to let Bella out- within a second I was brushing off 2 skeeters!!!!! YUCK! Hate blood suckers- how do you deal with that!?

Too funny about the stink of a ham sandwich. They DO have a funky smell to them when you heat them. I am not a ham lover anyway- which is funny because I love bacon.
--------------------------------------------
OMG My alarm went off too early this morning- I am not into losing sleep. I have found that when the alarm goes off if I am in a deep sleep it is so much harder to wake up- that was this morning.

I have not had a change to leave my desk all week over the lunch hour. I have needed to. I am going to make a effort today! It has just been crazy- at work. That gal did alot of damage before she left. I got a VM on my phone that she has contacted the STD dept and whats pay for her disability- whatever that is?!?!- TALK about USING the system.
She yes is the one that took the job to get her baby paid for- then used STD- short term disability, for depression. Now she is a no call no show and wants money- unbelieveable!!!!
It means I am am going to have to do more frekin paper work to get rid of her. She is playing the race card and that seriously pisses me off!!!!

I really have chose things to say about people who do that. Plus come to find out she has not been working for the last month. She has been in the office- but after going though her files now and desk- and files- she has let stuff go for over a month. I am furious. I know I am going to get blamed for not catching it. I will. Maybe I should have, caught it earlier. But my gosh- I over see 15 office staff, 21 field staff, and 1 social worker- add organizing 2 weekly IDT meetings, monitoring all the admissions, and discharges and readmissions. It is too much. But I know I will be blamed.
She left a huge mess- and now to find out she wants to come back at some point. I am going to see she never graces the door. More time to build a stronger case! But it takes away from my work, to have to babysit.

Ok- back to the muffin top. I am over it. I want it GONE- my pants are getting tight. the scales have not moved, but I FEEL heavy.
I am wanting to do a "cleanse" for a few days. I am thinking some kind of shake. I am going to Sprouts on my lunch hours to explore what they have. They have a large selection of that type of stuff! Will keep ya posted on that.
I am feeling like LORI- just TIRED of EATING!!!!!
Tired of the entire food thing- cooking, buying, shopping for it all. I am just over it right not.

I go through spurts - right not I a not into the entire food thing. I have cook up some salmon- and meatballs. It looks gross to me- so it is now day 3 sitting in my fridge and I will end up tossing it.

Ok- gotta face the music at work!
  #2315   ^
Old Thu, Jul-12-18, 06:38

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- Really, really glad that your wrist is feeling better. That is excellent. Keep babying it. You are doing the best thing by resting it.

When do you find out the results of your sinus scan? I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be.

Lori- It sounds like your grandson is doing really well with the baseball tournament. He must be pretty darn good! I bet it is fun to watch him. I'm glad you have had such a nice time although with the heat and humidity there today it won't be too nice. Safe travels home!

Trig- admit it, you love us and miss us. Thanks for writing in on your trip and sharing pix. ROFL over the ham sandwich. Made me laugh!

Jaz- I am so sorry about the work stress the girl left behind her. And also sorry that you might be on the hook for it. That just stinks all the way around. I know you will be very very glad for the weekend to get here.

••••••••••

Add me to the list of folks who feel heavier, but rightly deserved for me as I have been, as Blue said, "off the chain" on the WOE. Derailed as I am most often by taking a trip and the lack of a routine/schedule. My muffin top has a new layer of icing.

It's the dog days of summer, which are not my favorite. I'm not a fan of high heat and humidity. This next month and a half, along with late January through February are my least favorite weather months. Not a fan of extremes at either end of the mercury.

This has been my first few days with no kids here and so far it has actually been great. I know that wouldn't/won't be the case as the spread out for a longer time but so far, so good. Tuesday I had a nice lunch date with my DH, Wednesday I had a lunch date with a friend, and today I am meeting a friend at her house in an hour to go for a walk, and then we are going to have coffee. I need to stop at the store after that, and then we'll see what's up. I think it is supposed to be somewhat less hot today.

Guess that is about it- I need to make a couple of appointments for the dogs. lol
  #2316   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 04:44

BF:

Ladies TGIF TGIF TGIF!!!!!!!! Friday the 13th!!!!!!!
I went to bed at 9 and slept straight though until 530 when my alarm went off- THAT tired. It felt awesome! I love my Fridays! Let me re-state that, I love my Fridays at 430! HAHAHAHAHAH

I accidentally hit the beginning of the thread that we started last year in Sept. Nic was talking about it being a perfect time because it was like new beginnings - like a new school year. It was interesting to read. For kicks and grins go back and read the first few pages. I was worried about a hurricane- remember that? It turned out to be nothing more than rain!
Funny thing about things we worry about, most of it turns out to be less than we made it out to be.

Lori
- Are you back, and doing piles of laundry? I hope you don't have to go back to work quickly.

NIC- I heard a fun tale about the "dog days of summer". I was watching the Weather channel and they did a little piece on where that saying came from. It was fun- but it has to do with the stars and harvest and planting! Too long to type out- but Google it. fun tid bit- nothing about actual dogs!

When does the boy come home?

TRIG- Yea for sharing your vacay pics! I loved them- thank you. Then you get home long enough to do laundry and restock your fridge and out again! I want your life!!!!!!! I could easy do that for a year- then figure out where I want to retire!!!!!! SOMEDAY!!!
I am working on that!
Post when you can!

BLUE- Hows the wrist? I forgot about your sinus scan. When DO you get that back? Are you still working on your project? How is the attic coming?
How are you sleeping? Any thoughts on that bed you were considering? GET IT!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------
I bought several packets of a protein shake to try before I buy a buy container.
So the shake is 2 carbs- no sugar or sweetener- was ok. The texture was a bit grainy. I will try a different one today.
I used it yesterday for lunch and then had a Gyro salad for dinner and I am up a pound and half!!! WTF WTF WTF?????? Really?

I "feel" heavy- I do. I did laugh though that NIC said she had ICING on her muffin.
I am hopeful that the shakes and light dinners will DO SOMETHING. I am not tossing in the towel. Just frustrated. I'm sure you can relate.

Gotta run! - 8 hours to "The Man"- then I have 2 days! Washer and dryer come tomorrow- EXCITED!!!! Man I get excited over appliances!

Shake and Rotisseri checken - it done
  #2317   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 07:51

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Ha, looking over my last entry and I never did make the dog appointments. I need to do that. I wrote it and promptly forgot about it.

So I was worried about being alone too much this summer but just now I looked at my calendar for the next five weeks and I am kid-free only nine days of that five week period. And with the exception of four consecutive days it is more like 2 here, 3 here... So it has not been the kid free summer I both dreaded and was curious about/looking forward to. This has been my longest kid-free stretch (Tu-Fri) and I filled it well without even making that my goal. So yay for that!

Henrietta the goose's new clothes came and I changed her into the Lifeguard outfit for now. She will be in and out of her bikini and lifeguard outfit until September, when she will become a scarecrow. It is so stupid but I wanted a goose for a long time! Very good birthday gift.

Speaking of bday gifts, today is DH's 50th!! WHOO HOO!! We are going out to dinner tonight, just the two of us. Tomorrow he goes and picks up the Boy. I have planned a big family dinner at Maggiano's for the 28th which he doesn't know about. Our short trip to NYC is next week.

Jaz- New appliances are really fun to get. I totally understand your excitement! I am still happy with using my Speed Queen each time I do. I hope you have many happy years with your new picks.

That fluctuation could have come from just about anything. Try not to stress over it too much. Could have been the gyro seasonings or whatever too. I hold water on hot days also.

Hugs and hopefully everyone else will pop on eventually!
  #2318   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 09:09

BF:

Jaz, check out Atkins protein shakes. They are like 23 grams protein (whey protein of course which suks but no one is going to ground up a ribeye and put it in a chocolate shake--LOL) but they are SO SMOOTH, just like a chocolate shake. I buy them every now and then. 1 gram sugar. They are fab for a replacement meal or a must have something time. They are pricey but worth it big time. Also Ensure has one that is like 30g protein and 1 or 2 grams sugar...very low also. Just a suggestion to beat that grainy crap out there.

No skeeters. When there are we put up box fans. We have 2. One on top of table and one under and blast those on high down under the camper awning where we sit. The AIR moves and bugs can't handle fast moving air So no bug spray unless absolutely needed while hiking or something. Bugs are not as bad as ya think

Nicco I am so lost on the goose and then a scarecrow LOL Somehow I missed all that, what in the heck...HAHA reading that paragraph has me scratching my head big time LOL

I wish I got a pic of Bolt the Papillion in his life jacket. Too cute....will get one on this lake trip happening. You said lifeguard and it made me think of our dog in his tiny little life jacket

Blue are ya doing well? I sure hope so

and KM, are you doing great also!!

Lori are ya back!! I am on laundry 3 and final.

fast one guys
laundry almost done
will not bring kayaks on this trip, possible big t storms in TN when we go but will bring all swim and fish stuff. Fish from shore and goof if weather is good.

Hitting The Lost Sea. Underground cavern with 4 acre lake. Cave tour then pontoon boat ride. Should be cool to see one time in our lives
Yarberry Campground in Lenior City TN is our lake front campsite. Seems nice. Will report. Hope the water's edge from our site is easy access....first time in a cg and ya never know what you booked but only 4.5 hrs drive so it could become a 'go to' to get out of the house campground when wanted. we shall see

leave Friday, back on the 20th. fast fast turnaround gotta leave trip...ugh we are pooped but raring to go again

hubby off to Camping World for new 30 amp cord. The electric box on this site 'sizzled' our connection plug.....crap....it is like $120 or so for a new one, ticked me off, but rangers came and replaced the breaker but I can't trust this cord now. No possible fires for this old gal, new core it is

ok, off to vacuum pool
reload camper towels and more
got bug guy coming at 4....ants in back game room!!!! Not many but hey they said you see an ant after us spraying we will come back for free and respray and darn right they are coming back
grocery shop tomorrow for water and some meats for grilling for trip

take care all
  #2319   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 13:33

BF:

I'm home!! We got home about 10:30 this morning. We drove for 6 hours yesterday afternoon/evening(drove till 9:30) and then got up at 5:30 this morning and drove the rest of the way. We were pretty fried last night and were so glad that the first hotel we stopped at had a vacancy since we hadn't planned ahead with a reservation. It was a great room too!

Now I'm doing laundry and just getting back in the groove. I've got to get back on track with my eating...made a start at it today. I'm not going near the scale for a few weeks. I know I'd faint.

I ran some errands to get some food in the house and get DH some cash for his fishing trip and now I'm home. I think I'll be ready for bed early tonight and glad to sleep in my own bed.

Sorry for no personals....I'll catch up eventually. Talk soon.
  #2320   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 16:24

BF:

SERIOUS TRIG- That is the Secret? Fast moving air? REALLY???? I might buy two box fans and try that to sit outside! Come to think of it I never get bug bites walking the ocean at night. Interesting!!!!!!

what type of fans do you use? Box fans?
Thanks!!!!!!! I am very excited about that!!!!! The bug here are like birds!

So hot here!!!!!!!!!!

Lori- so glad you are back!
-------------------
Propping up feet and chillin tonight
  #2321   ^
Old Fri, Jul-13-18, 17:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---I second Trig's rec on the Atkins' protein shakes. They are good. I haven't bought them for awhile since I've been using the powder shakes, including the dark chocolate one you sent me, which I have loved and am just about about of. This reminded me I like 'em and going to pick up some at Target this weekend. Love my morning coffee shakes, but can't handle the caffeine after 3, so these will come in handy.

Yes, I love a Friday too! Funny how even when you're not working a 9 to 5, or in my case working much at all right now, you can still feel a Friday.

Agree w/Nic, a one day pound bounce up can be from anything and isn't like gaining weight till it adds a couple more pounds to it, and sticks around. Understand your frustration with not dropping. Did you maintain the couple pounds you lost on vacay? All that walking makes a difference, and hard when you're back home at work and in school to fit it in.

Trig---So I had to google The Lost Sea, sounds so romantic. Wow, how gorgeous is that?! And who knew? Saw pix of the platoon boat you'll take and several others. Now that looks fascinating to me. PLUS, another waterfront site, you lucky ducky. This is kind of the summer you dreamed of once hubby was retired. Happy for you.

Nic---Where are you going for din din w/hubby? Somewhere special to you two, or just a good cozy fave? And then next week off to NYC! I know you weren't entirely enthused about that, but bet you're going to have a great time. Something very romantic and wonderful about that city to me. Never want to stay real long, but love it while I'm there.

Haha, the kidless summer that didn't happen. Thing is, with three of them, even when they have all sprung the coop, I bet you'll be surprised how much you see them...as long as they don't up and move across the country like my son did. Love it for him, wish he was closer, although it sure is a great place to visit and we're hoping to squeeze in a 4 day quicky out there in the next few months no matter where we are w/the house. We'll see.

Lori---Home again, home again. Always takes a day or two to get re-settled. And boyo, I'm w/you girl, not coming near the scale myself for awhile.

K-mom---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wrist continues to get better ever day, although still feels much better with cuff support. Think I'll be wearing this thing for awhile, which is OK as it gets one all kinds of help when out and about. I can actually do some things w/it now, so trick is to be very careful and not overdo. Heh, I'm good at over doing lately. But it is a relief to see it healing faster than I expected.

Yesterday we had our back hall mud room painted to match kitchen. It has two huge wooden sliding doors that cover a bunch of utility shelves. The paint on them was very dingy. Then the other wall was yellowish oak paneling 3/4 up, then olive green grasscloth wallpaper, both which were there when we moved in. Just never go around to sprucing it up.

Like so many others say, wish we'd done it earlier while we could enjoy it more. Its just a mud room, but it looks SO GOOD now. Doors are crisp white, painted paneling white also, and painted right over the olive green grass cloth wall paper with the lovely very light and soft putty gray of the kitchen, and living room and dining room, so now that color goes straight thru the central house and it's so breezy and pretty---w/the white, almost beachy. Painting over the grasscloth worked GREAT. Kept its texture perfectly, looks brand new. '

I LOVE grass cloth. It's so textural and warm and freaky expensive to buy and to have put up. So I'm thrilled that worked out so well. Went on line at Target today and found a fab indoor/outdoor rug. Great price, will look so fresh.

Next 3 painting projects coming up. Front door, storm door, back grated door and front porch balcony. There is no doubt in my mind that all this fresh paint is upping the look and feel of our home way past what it's cost us. Everything is really looking crisp, and I am continuing to stage as I go, packing ever more away, but leaving enough behind to show how pretty it can be.

AND, our cleaning lady came yesterday for the first day in weeks and weeks. Because of all the painting and stuff everywhere there was no point in having her come. I pre cleaned for her, and last night for the first time in what feels like forever, our house was so tidy and organized looking. Yeah, couple of rooms whose doors remain closed still full of boxes and stuff, but where we live everything was neat and put away. Oh man, it was such a treat. Won't last long, but sure nice for now.

So those are my haps. Have actually had a good few days on plan, and today will be another one. That feels good too. Feel so much lighter, even if I'm not.
  #2322   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 03:49

BF:

Good Morning!

Up for any early cup of coffee or 2 before heading to the golf course. I'm playing in a 2 day tournament. We have an 8:03 tee time both days, so have to get moving early. I haven't played for 2 weeks....hope I can hit the dang ball!

Trig...good tip on the fast moving air to keep the skeeters away.....makes perfect sense! I hate using bug spray, but sometimes have to resort to it on the golf course when we get the little gnats going in your eyes and ears...ugh! I usually mix some Eucalyptus essential oil into some body cream to put on my legs before I play....hoping it will keep any ticks off my ankles/legs.

Blue...when we helped my sister get her house ready to sell, she had a huge living room with that grass paper on it. She wanted it off for the painter, so we pulled it off in big sheets. What a mess! I do like the look of it, but removing it was a chore.

Glad your wrist continues to improve. Wearing the brace may be a good idea for awhile just for the support.

Nic...Henrietta the goose? Is this a yard figure? I'm out of the loop! Happy Birthday to your DH!! Maggiano's.....Yum!

Jaz.....hope your Friday went quickly and that you will enjoy your weekend. Have fun playing with your new washer/dryer. Hope you love them!

Ok.....more coffee for me. I should be home around 1 this afternoon and will probably collapse in a heap. Making something easy for DH for dinner and I think I'll have eggs. Locking this eating down NOW!

Later!
  #2323   ^
Old Sat, Jul-14-18, 08:54

BF:

Blue I loved reading your post
as usual LOL

It is crazy when ya fix up a home to sell and you do wonder why you waited and then not live in it, give all that new to someone else but of course it will always be that way. It has to show so nice for a quick sale but enjoy all the new you can cause you will be in a NICE NEW place before ya know it having fun making that all your own!!

Lori, so you got a tournament today....woof girl, you are gonna be one tired pup for sure Hope ya do well on it.

I hit the grocery this morning for the rv again and then when I get home I will have to shop fast to get some house food in here again...ugh...the work is never done is it?

Jaz, yea they are just the square fans that you can get at Walmart or wherever. Just a square box. We have 2 cheap blue plastic ones from the dollar store, like $19 each......we have a table and put it along the awning width way, put one fan on top, one under the table, blast the thing on high down along the side of the camper under the awning......2 great things happen, you have moving air for comfort which on a hot night helps and you have moving air that the bugs can't fly in and they stay off ya believe me it is a life saver many times.

HI ALL

fast one guys

hit grocery, got stuff in rv and have to pack some clothes, towels etc

not gonna take kayaks, possible t storms for all my days there so just swim floats and a whole 'check out' the new area cg for future trips

too much to get handled, have to run, see ya in 4 days
  #2324   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 03:36

BF:

Quiet day around the boards yesterday. Hope everyone is just busy and that all is well.

Have fun Trig.....another adventure!

Well, I lost in the first day of the golf tournament, so I'm in the loser's bracket for today's match. Sigh.....I played fairly well, but just not well enough. It was a close match, but someone has to lose, right? The best I can do now is 3rd place and that will be a stretch. I'll have fun either way.

I have to work tonight from 5-7:30. They obviously needed someone to close the store tonight.....enter me. I'll be coming home to an empty house as DH, DS & 2 of our Grandsons are heading to Lake Ontario in NY today for a fishing trip. If you would see the line up of "stuff" DH has in our hallway in the staging area....you'd wonder if he's ever coming back!

Today is our 29th wedding anniversary. Where does the time go? I guess our cruise in October will be our anniversary celebration trip.

Tomorrow morning I have to go for my annual mammogram at 7AM. I asked for the first appt, now I'm wondering why I did that! Tuesday I get my hair cut, Wednesday the exterminator comes for our quarterly service and Thursday I have to go to the dentist. Ugh......I hate weeks like this when I have an appt every day. I also have a chiro appt on Tuesday afternoon, but I'm going to cancel that as I would have to rush from my haircut to get there.

I'm sure all that was more than you ever wanted, or needed to know, but there it is. Hope you all have a more exciting week on tap than I do.

Oh Nic......I loved the goose pictures! I always enjoy seeing things like that in people's yards. I am curious about where you find her clothes.....so cute!

Later!
  #2325   ^
Old Sun, Jul-15-18, 07:16

BF:

Change of plans....went to the golf course at 7:30 and was home by 8:30! Thunder storms and heavy rain. Our match has been rescheduled for Thursday morning.

So.....here I sit until I have to get ready for work at 4 or so. Don't have to be there until 5.

Have a good Sunday!
Closed Thread