Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 10:25

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%
Default Tracking

I started back with MY PLAN today. I will be tracking both my food, my drink and my exercise for the next two weeks. After two weeks, I might let up a bit, but maybe not.

I hate tracking with a passion. I just spent 20 minutes entering the deep dish pizza quiche into MY PLAN, since I made one last night and it will be my lunch all week.

But, I am starting menopause and I am having horrible symptoms and also horrible bloating, pain and water weight gain. I've decided that I want to track everything carefully, to see if I can find a relationship between my symptoms and my eating. I also think tracking will be a good refresher on what I am actually consuming and whether I am indeed as LC as I think I am.

As I said, I hate tracking and counting. Instead, I have always been more intuitive: some foods I eat freely, some I eat sparingly and some I don't eat at all. After five years at this, maybe a refresher will be good.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 13:51
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs
I started back with MY PLAN today. I will be tracking both my food, my drink and my exercise for the next two weeks. After two weeks, I might let up a bit, but maybe not.

I hate tracking with a passion. I just spent 20 minutes entering the deep dish pizza quiche into MY PLAN, since I made one last night and it will be my lunch all week.

But, I am starting menopause and I am having horrible symptoms and also horrible bloating, pain and water weight gain. I've decided that I want to track everything carefully, to see if I can find a relationship between my symptoms and my eating. I also think tracking will be a good refresher on what I am actually consuming and whether I am indeed as LC as I think I am.

As I said, I hate tracking and counting. Instead, I have always been more intuitive: some foods I eat freely, some I eat sparingly and some I don't eat at all. After five years at this, maybe a refresher will be good.

I hear ya on hating the tracking part. Its a total PITA to me!

But this is the second time you are talking about pain and bloating and I still say that you need to see your ob/gyn for a sonogram. Sorry if I'm nagging you but it really sounds like you need to be seen.

cnmlisa needs to chime in on this one. LISA!!! where are you!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 14:07

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

Thanks, Judy. I was still a bit hungry after lunch, but the thought of having to enter more food helped me stave off the munchies.

My problem is I absolutely hate my OB. I need to find a new one, and I just haven't taken the time. I'm going to look for someone in the area on my insurance this afternoon. Thanks for the push.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-11, 15:28
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Great! I'm happy to know that you'll find yourself a new one!

Here's what Lisa( she's a certified nurse midwife so she does know) has to say to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faduckeggs

. I have been spotting off and on for months, and the bloat cycle is just the newest of my symptoms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnmlisa
Just wondering when was the last time you had a GYN evaluation?

Not knowing the details of your health issues, excessive bloating, intermittent spotting...these would be symptoms that I would tell my patients to come in for evaluation--could be nothing or could be something...things that come to mind such as endometriosis, ovarian cancer, uterine masses, etc. Judy is correct, a pelvic sonogram is quick, easy and could give you some insight of your symptoms.

Hope I'm not overstepping.

Lisa
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 05:40
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
glad you are going to find a GYN and GO IN. The symptoms you are having need to be evaluated- please let us know how things go!

It is still smart to track- you can bring that info to the MD too.

E
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-11, 14:05

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

I'm also glad to hear you will be making an OB/Gyn appointment!

I don't like tracking either, but I do it every day. It will get less time-consuming the more you use it. For instance, did you create a recipe for the pizza quiche? If you did it's a matter of clicking one thing into the meal rather than 20 ingredients.