Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Reply  Back to story:  My story

View Article Article tools
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 21:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins hybrid
Stats: 159/128/125 Female 63 in
BF:
Progress: 91%

Wow Sugarpie - your story is so inspiring! I congratulate you on your will and determination to overcome your physical problems. Keep up the good work and you will be richly rewarded! This is a great group of people to help and support you. Have you considered starting a journal on this website? Your writing style is very eloquent and easy to read.
Best of luck~
Anita
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Congratulations! That's fantastic that your diabetes is under control. And the food isn't half bad either, is it?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/170/170 Male 5'9" and some change
BF:
Progress: 100%

Wow!! You have traveled a long road to get to this point but I feel you will be just fine. I will bet that there are others right here on this board that can trace your journey and see themselves in your footsteps. Over the years, I can say I let the "weight creepie" into my life. It wasn't that I didn't pay attention but with the day to day grind of bills, family, and BILLS; I guess eating was easy. I applaud your effort and congrats on the weight loss. Best of luck!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 13:56

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Thank you for your candor.
It helps many people to share experience. I have cut my Estrogen by half.
I am using Estrogel ,instead of two dose I use only one .It is a topical application on arms or thighs or stomach. You should look into it. I am sure that everything goes eventually through your liver but this one is absorb first by the skin.
Good luck to you.
Pene
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-04, 10:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/202.5/159 Male 66
BF:
Progress: 44%

Congrats! Life is not about where you are but about what you have overcome to get there. I can see you will go a long, long way!
I think you will find that this WOE will take you a long way and benefit you in ways you never expected. Strict Induction will virtually eliminate cravings allowing you to control eating and lose weight. Have you read Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution? I recommend it. Cheap, easy to read and it will help you understand the process and benefits of low carbing. I know that my depression, although not extreme has been almost eliminated. I believe it's a result of stable blood sugar levels.
These forums will help a lot as well if you focus on the positive supportive posts. Also the Low Carb Kitchen Forum can introduce you to a variety of interesting foods so you don't get bored with your food choices as I did early on.
It just gets better and better from here!