Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#601   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 10:00
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

Good morning!

Pat that picture is stunning! I agree with Lab....the detail is amazing.

Sherri I too do not handle that med well. It makes me all kinds of b***hy and I'm sure Ron has wished several times that I'ld just hop on my broom and ride west for a while. Thankfully I haven't had to be on it much.

A new refridgerator! That's gotta be really exciting. I'm hoping that with that part of life back to normal the rest will improve as well. Hang in there!

Lab I do not envy your kitchen remodel till its done. Been there, done that, survived mutual fantasies of spousal murder. 🙄😄
It's Sunday and I'm looking for a really good LC bread. There's just something about a piece of toast with a couple of fried eggs on top.....

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #602   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 10:06

Plan: Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/183/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey everyone, I had a low calorie day do to busyness so going to treat myself in a bit to a decadent hot chocolate with hwc, natural cocoa powder, liquid sucralose and a splash of whipped cream on top. It's raining and cool today and I'm feeling like fall! Is this not the most amazing WOE that we can treat ourselves to something of the sort??!! I'm loving it!!!
  #603   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 11:20
Keto Lab Rat

That sounds great Nikki! I have Spiced Apple Cider K-cups for my Keurig and I'm thinking that the fall weather we're having right now is calling for a mug after supper.

This WOE is soooo hard. 🙄😂😂😂
  #604   ^
Old Sun, Sep-18-16, 16:22

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Sherri, glad you finally got a new fridge! It's such a pain to manage without one, even for a short time.

We had a similar incident here last spring. My downstairs tenant is a fresh out of college kid and he managed the classic newbie mistake when trying to de-ice the freezer in his old fridge: He tried to chip off the ice and and punctured the tubes. Yikes. I ordered a new one right away, but I still think he was without a fridge for a week. I don't think he lost a lot of food, but it's still a huge inconvenience.

I recovered from a mid-week bout of "something I ate" and am down 1.4 lbs for the week.

That article on calories sounds interesting. I don't track calories too closely, but I try not to let them get too low for too many days in a row.
  #605   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-16, 08:29
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

I'm stalled so I'm going to shoot for zero-ish carbs for a few days along with IF. What are zero-ish carbs, you ask? That's Blue's way of saying I'm not giving up my heavy whipping cream in my coffee especially now that I have my beloved Pumpkin Spice K-cups for treats. Ain't gonna happen. Yummolicious!

All you peeps are doing great. You inspire me to keep going!!! We leave a week from today on our two week adventure back home. I'm not sure if we'll take the whole time or not, but we've allowed ourselves that much time. On the 29th I'll be meeting with a couple dozen of my high school friends for dinner. I'm tickled that they want to see me while I'm back in the area. It's amazing that we all still have a strong bond even after all these years. I miss home at times but not enough to want to move back there. After that we have an 80th birthday party to attend for Jim's aunt. I have no control over food so I'll just do the best I can. Vacations can totally wreck all good intentions.

Thanks for the kind words about the art. I was worried about it because it's humans, y'know? The client opened it and shot me a message that he absolutely loves it and can't wait to give it to his wife on her birthday tomorrow. I am so stinkin' relieved I can't tell you. Now I'm into my dog commission of two collies. Fur is so much more forgiving and I have less worry. Less cortisol!

Do they make sugar-free cider K-cups? I need to look. I have Celestial Seasonings herbal apple spice caffeine-free tea that is amazing. It's a nice after dinner treat too. I do use tea bags too but it's so convenient at home and at work to just make a cup and be done with it.

Sherri, I can so relate. Being wired isn't necessarily a productive thing. I didn't have issues with sleep when on prednisone but then again I only took it for a week. I also took a couple of Benedryl at bedtime and they knock me out. I don't know how people do drugs either. My body is so sensitive to everything and I always feel worse from the side effects.

Lab, you know we'll want to see pictures. We got new appliances last year and hope to get new countertops next year. The countertops cost as much as all the new appliances including washer and dryer. Geeze Louise. For that price they should clean themselves. I DO need new blinds and window treatments for the master bath and bedroom. The slider is the kicker for me because I don't want to keep the kitties from being able to easily watch all the back yard activity. I have seen those vertical blinds that are panels that look interesting to me. I'll have to look into that further. We're way overdo for an update.

Keep on truckin', Kids. It's a rainy Monday here.

Later 'gators.
  #606   ^
Old Mon, Sep-19-16, 18:27
Keto Lab Rat

Sheri's down, City's down, I think Nikki said she was down and Lab, Blue and I are stalled. Well done to the losers!

My cider K-cups are sugar free. One gram of carbs per cup....same as coffee K-cups.

What started out to be a lazy self absorbed week has turned out differently. We went to Weyburn today to fix a few things.....Ron's Mom's furnace and my Mom's long Lamentations about nobody visiting. She's had company every day but one over the past 12 days I came to discover.....but it wasn't me. She's better now and I'll be back Tuesday for her follow up with the ENT.

Tomorrow we have an appointment with the financial advisor, Wednesday is free, Morgan's Roller Derby Thursday night and I'm taking her to Regina for her orthodontist appointment on Friday. Morgan and I haven't had a day in the city together for over a year. It's gonna be awesome!

I threatened that new scale within an inch of its life this morning and it didn't even have the good grace to quiver! Maybe next week. 😕
  #607   ^
Old Tue, Sep-20-16, 02:46

Plan: Ketogenic Diet
Stats: 225/183/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois55
Sheri's down, City's down, I think Nikki said she was down and Lab, Blue and I are stalled. Well done to the losers! 😕

Yes, I am down 4.6 the past 7 days, but that is deceiving because it is really down 2.4 from my lowest weigh in the week prior. ups and downs!
  #608   ^
Old Wed, Sep-21-16, 07:50
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids.

I'm not down. Idontwannatalkaboutit.

CG, I hope you're feeling better. What a lousy thing to happen but you stayed the course! Well done. I don't feel so spiffy myself today due to something I chose to eat. Idontwannatalkaboutit.

Way to go, Nikki! You are rockin' this while taking care of a large family. I'm currently in an alternate universe. Idontwannatalkaboutit.

Twice each academic year we are forced to attend "College Learning Day." In the fall we assemble at our western most campus. In the spring we assemble at our largest and eastern most campus. The campus where I work is halfway in between the two and we have two other sites north and south. So we assembled for forced presentations and then breakout sessions the rest of the afternoon. We are well fed and watered. Idontwannatalkaboutit.

I started my dog portraits and decided I didn't like the background so I'm starting over. Had a good start too. Drat. Idontwannatalkaboutit.

And so, because I seem to be in a non-conversive state, I shall leave you losers to do what you do best. Lose.

Later 'gators.
  #609   ^
Old Thu, Sep-22-16, 07:43
It's Only Food!

BF:

Mornin', Kids!

<using my best Steve Martin voice> I am a LOOOO-OOOO-SER! Yay me! I lost my idontwannatalkaboutit bloat and a little more. Yippee!!!

Okay, that's all I have to say. Work has kicked me square in the can yet again. I am so freakin' busy with all sorts of STUFF.

Later 'gators!
  #610   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-16, 00:17
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Hey, all. What a busy bunch! Blue, congrats on the loss. That is fantabulous. Work has consumed the very soul LOL. So, so busy again. But, I do love what I do, so it's good. Holding steadt with weight on purpose. Not sure about those last 15. And, not sure why I'm reluctant to move forward with them.

Anyway, hope everyone is doing great. Will check in again soon.
  #611   ^
Old Fri, Sep-23-16, 19:52

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Omigosh, I'm so crabby that I'm flying west on my broom (like Lois) out over the Pacific Ocean. Also, the prednisone appetite kicked in and I've been eating everything under the sun, especially B&J's Phish Food ice cream, my fave. Potato chips too. Good grief!! Unfortunately, eating makes me feel better -- temporarily at least. I know I'm going to pay a big price, but right now I DON'T CARE. I'm hideously jittery, jumping out of my skin, and can't sleep. I called my doctor today to ask for something to settle me down, and he called something in. I sure hope it helps.

Sorry to be such a downer, but I'm still able to be happy for all of you who are losing or at least not gaining. Have a nice weekend. See ya'll later.
  #612   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-16, 10:52
Keto Lab Rat

Oh Sheri! That's awful. I feel for you girl!

Had an awesome day yesterday with Morgan even though it rained constantly. She insisted on buying us both a Pumpkin Spiced Latte at Starbucks for the road home and there was no way in hell I was going to refuse her. It was delicious!

Have a great weekend.
  #613   ^
Old Sat, Sep-24-16, 22:29
Real food!

Plan: Lower Carb/IF
Stats: 238/155/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Sheri, I do hope you get some relief. What a drag for you. Hoping that whatever the doc has ordered gets you feeling better in short order.

Wishing everyone a great second half of the weekend 😀. I went dress and shoes sopping and got a mani-pedi today. Prepping for an out of town four day team workshop next week. I don't necessarily like travelling for work, but at least I'll have cute clothes and nails LOL.
  #614   ^
Old Sun, Sep-25-16, 15:16
It's Only Food!

BF:

Hi, Kids.

I'm packing for our trip. Stuffed toad. You read that right. Stuffed toad. It's what I look like in all my fall clothes. Haven't had the guts to try them on before. The good news is they fit.....if you like the stuffed toad look. Jim walked in as I was trying on clothes and looking dismayed. He said, "Don't worry. It is what it is." "Yeah, but I look like a stuffed toad." Galahad responded with, "But you're MY stuffed toad." My prince. "Ribbit."

Oh! I DID have one positive. I can still fit into my jeans and can close, zip them, and can even sit down without turning blue. The down side is that when I sit down the whole bakery shows up from rolls to muffin tops. Hmmph.

Sherri, don't stress. You'll get through this to battle another day. Your goal is to feel better. How are you going to enjoy feeling better if you rob yourself by feeling bad about food? Focus on the good.

Lab, you will look fab on your trip. Good for you! I gave myself a pedicure today too because I'm still wearing sandals and I'm now sporting an autumn color on my toes. It's a nuisance to do the soak, scrub, exfoliating, clipping, filing, drying, polishing, et al but see it as a victory because I can still reach my toes. Yay me! They look good too.

We leave first thing in the morning. I am going to do my level best to eat like a rational human as opposed to going off on wild food fests because I'm "on vacation." The stuffed toad experience is a good reminder, prince or no prince.

So there we are. I'm in toad mode but sportin' my blue jeans.

Have a good one. I'll be checking in regularly so don't think you can play hooky.

Later 'gators.
  #615   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-16, 20:01
It's Only Food!

BF:

AHEM!!!!!! <echo><echo><echo>
Oh sure, Blue is crossing this nation, travelling by car, stopping and seeing all sorts of things and comes in to find.......cobwebs. Hmmph.

We have seen all sorts of things along the way, I've walked my toady behind everywhere and found that while on the road I just am not enjoying my food. I've eaten clean (ie nothing processed, no grains, no sugar, no nightshades, et al) for so long that real, unadulterated food is all I like. Restaurant food is crap. Yes, I'm ordering carefully but I like my food better. Whodda thunk it? Really. Me?!?!?!?!?

There is hope for Toady yet!

We saw the New River Gorge yesterday beside taking side trips and today we saw the Ark in Kentucky. Massive, interesting and I walked my behind off. Then we went to Buffalo Trace Distillery. It happens to be my favorite bourbon and I enjoyed that. We'll be rolling into the St. Louis area tomorrow. That's home for me. We have plans to visit friends. My sister and brother-in-law are on the road travelling there also because my sister has her high school reunion. We are going because Jim's aunt is having an 80th birthday party that we'll be attending. We'll meet up with my sis and BIL to visit friends and then part ways to do our events. It's been a good trip because we are mosey-ing along and seeing things on the way.

So, SLACKERS, hope you are doing well. It's been a revelation to me to realize I really don't want to eat junk. There is hope for everyone!!!!

Later 'gators. Keep the faith.