Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 12:31
Registered Member

Plan: CALP
Stats: 240/232/185
BF:
Progress: 15%
Default A Little Confused about one thing...

Please help! On day #1. I have read CAD although I realize I have an older addition.. I have CALP on reserve at the library.. Anyway, for my 2 meals NOT my reward meal, I am concerned about the number of carbs I should have. The book I have says " A Low Carbohydrate Meal" Well, I realize I shouldn't have alot, but may I have 2 carbs at those 2 meals? What is considered LOW? 1, 2, 5 ?? Should I try for 0 carbs at my 2 meals? Please Help!

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 15:11

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mark, I'm not overly familiar with CALP but I can tell you that unless you ate just lean meat or oil (butter) for your meal you'll be getting some carbs. There are carbs in everything else. If you age 2 eggs fried in butter w/ 4 strips of bacon and a cup of decaf you'd have had around 3 - 3.5g of carbs. I suspect when they say "low carb meals" they mean something similar to this.

I'm sure that you'll get some advice from others following this plan.

Best of luck,
Nat
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-02, 19:17

Plan: calp
Stats: 342/295/190
BF:
Progress: 31%

As I understand it the number of carbs is not the crutial point on the "Non reward meals"
You should eat both protien and high fiber (craving reducing foods) at these meals and snacks. From the book " Some people eat 1/2 protien,1/2vegetables;others choose less protien and more salad and vegetables. We generally recomend that you take average sized portions."
You can skip any of the snack meals but you must eat the reward meal in balance and in the proper time frame(1hr)
Hope this helps!! The problem I also have is NOT getting hung-up on the number of carbs, since most people here are doing Atkins or something where counting is essential.
Weight loss will probably be quicker with less carbs.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-04-02, 08:59

Plan: Zone
Stats: 165/163/145
BF:
Progress: 10%
Smile Number of carbs...

I think that the guideline that they give is foods with 4g carbs or less at LC meals. They do not give a total number of carbs to stay within.

-animaldoc
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-07-02, 06:03

Plan: cad/calp
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default You're right Animaldoc

The book does say under 4 carbs for the crave reducing meals. I personally stick to eggs and a breakfast meat, cheese and sometimes a slice of onion for flavor. I rarely eat lunch anymore. If i do I heat a chicken wing or weiner or small salad . My weight is steadily coming off.Hope this helps. Wawtigress