Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 22:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/180/130
BF:
Progress: 29%
Unhappy Seem to stop loosing

Hello all,

Looking for some

I have been doing Atkins Induction since November 1st. So far I have lost 20 lbs. Yeah!!!! Now for my question. For the past 2 weeks I have not lost anything. I have stay commited to the program and have not changed my routine. Shake or eggs and bacon for breakfast. Chicken or cobb salad for lunch. Atkins bar or an Endulgence bar for snack. Steak, pork chop or chicken breast for dinner with salad and for desert Atkins cheese cake with whipped cream or jello with whipped cream.

What is going on?

Oh and I have another question. My husband, who is a Marine has started Atkins after witnessing my results. He has been low carbing since Jan 1st. He is 6' and weighs 200 lbs and would like to be at 185. When goes to P.T. he complains that he has no energy to finish his 5 mile run. So he went to see the nutritionist on base and she advised him that Atkins works best for low to moderately physically active people. Highly physical active individuals should be on "The Zone" because it allows more carbs such as fruits and vegetables. Still no grains or sugar carbs. Can anyone out their attest to this?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-03, 23:08

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/148/115
BF:
Progress: 6%

Do you get any exercise? That could jump start your weight loss. As far as your hubby goes I dont know, he should probably listen to the nutritionist, but it could be something his body just has to adjust to..

#3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-31-03, 02:47
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Well, I would first ax the Atkins products. Sad but true!

That said, a stall or plateau is quite common. It seems to happen to everyone. What I would do is go to natural, unprocessed foods for a while and see what happens. You have nothing to lose but...?

Highly active people can tolerate a higher level of carbohydrates because they burn them. Some slow release carbs like oatmeal, sweet potatoes and lentils in moderate quantities might do the trick. I would still avoid tropical fruits and stick with those low in carbs. Your husband can experiment by eating these things half an hour before strenuous activity and see how he makes out.

Karen