Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Sun, May-09-04, 17:57

Plan: vegetarian
Stats: 150/130/120 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Any ex-McDougall's want to share their experience

Hello, I have been a vegetarian for about 4 years. I love to study about health, but with all these books and media, well I am a little confussed.

I followed the McDougall plan very much to a T for about 4 months. In this time I lost weight and loved the plan, until the blood sugar thing gave me a full blown anxiety attack at work. At this time I did not relate this to diet. I thought maybe I was mental or something. I started to have a lot of panic attacks and anxiety attacks very often. Never experienced this before the diet. I even went to the ER for this. They put me on drugs of course and anti- depressents. I did not think I needed this, but it helped me in the short term. After searching for a long time, I found out that it was my blood sugar that was throwing me out of wack. I did not want to believe it, but realized that your blood sugar plays a very important roll on your emotional well being. Since then (long story short) I can't bring myself to eat meat for many reasons, but can eat tuna and sometimes turkey. ( very rare though)

I have played around and added fat into my diet. I don't have the shakes or blood sugar swings at work anymore and am drug free. Simple stuff like eating string cheese or peanuts, protein shakes, instead of potaotes for breakfast. made a big difference. But I am here because I need to loose about 20 pounds or so and find a good eating lc plan for me.

Just wanted someone to share their results of a low fat vegan plan versus a lc diet. Thanks.
Sponsored Links