Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 13:45

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%
Default The Looking Glass

My morning started out on a natural high.

I literally rolled out of bed with PJ's on, turned on the cable fitness channel and did my pilates workout.

Ate a good LC breakfast, took my vitamins, and made my LC lunch for the day.

Everything was good until I went into the bedroom and putting on my lotion, I got a glimpse of myself in my full length mirror near my bed.

I almost cried. My spirit hurts today because all I could see in the mirror was this fat cow. Now I feel all crappy and down today because of it.

Funny. I should be on cloud 9. I've been doing very well with LC and working out regularly, but all I could see when I looked in the mirror is still this very, very, fat girl.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 13:56
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I've often thought there was more than a children's story in Through the Looking Glass. The world becomes quite strange when you fall through it. Sounds like that happened to you.

You are halfway to goal, have a wonderful spirit, a great attitude and are gorgeous (unless that's someone else's pic in your profile). How about you give that fat girl you think you saw in the mirror a break, huh? I think she's pretty okay.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 13:59
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Sweetie, you're doing sooooo well! There are so many wonderful things about you that no mirror can show.

Don't let that momentary glimpse get you down!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 14:48

Thanks ladies.

I'm sure I'll shake it off sooner or later and yeah that is me in my avatar/profile.

Guess a whole mess of feelings just came pouring through when I looked in the mirror today, all I could see was this fat loser trying to be somebody.

Okay...okay...trying to give the girl in a mirror a break.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~Ralph Marston

Live life abundantly and enjoy yourself in your “Journey To Wellness” because it is by the grace of God that we are able to do so. ~Gail~

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 16:11

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 292.5/192.5/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:ho/ho/ho
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007
My morning started out on a natural high.

I literally rolled out of bed with PJ's on, turned on the cable fitness channel and did my pilates workout.

Ate a good LC breakfast, took my vitamins, and made my LC lunch for the day.

Everything was good until I went into the bedroom and putting on my lotion, I got a glimpse of myself in my full length mirror near my bed.

I almost cried. My spirit hurts today because all I could see in the mirror was this fat cow. Now I feel all crappy and down today because of it.

Funny. I should be on cloud 9. I've been doing very well with LC and working out regularly, but all I could see when I looked in the mirror is still this very, very, fat girl.

This happens to me all the time!! It's horrifying and you're just like... all this work and I'm still a heifer!

Well I do two things to combat this... first I go back and look at pics of me at my starting weight because its good to remember where I've been. And then I read 2nd Corinthians 4:17. And then I haev a good LC breakfast... pref with fried eggs.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 16:15
For Real This Time

Plan: SB (Sorta Beachy)
Stats: 272/260/165 Female 68 inches (5'8")
BF:
Progress: 11%

(((hugs))) to you. I can definitely relate.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 17:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjeneed
It's horrifying and you're just like... all this work and I'm still a heifer!

Well I do two things to combat this... first I go back and look at pics of me at my starting weight because its good to remember where I've been. And then I read 2nd Corinthians 4:17.

That's exactly how I feel "all this work and I'm still a heifer."

I've been up and down so many times I don't know if looking at old pictures would work for me, but Corinthians 4:17...that works. Thanks.

2 Corinthians 4:17

For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

#8   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-08, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz

You are halfway to goal, have a wonderful spirit, a great attitude and are gorgeous. How about you give that fat girl you think you saw in the mirror a break, huh? I think she's pretty okay.

Repeat the above quote 500 times.

#9   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 00:28
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

I think that this story was part of the book, `The Cancer Ward', where a Russian soldier and a doctor on a cancer ward start to fall in love, and she invites him over for dinner, and he stops to buy her a gift, and then sees himself in the mirror, and doesn't go because he thinks she could never love him. Meanwhile, she stays at home and waits, and when she finally realizes he's not coming, she thinks it's because she's old and thin and both end up alone.

That story has been on my mind lately, and I've decided I want to re-write the ending in my mind. And your post helps me to understand why I have been thinking of it.

Here's a suggestion: check out this link, and see if you can get a life-sized poster made up of the gorgeous broad in the photo here--I think it might inspire you--it sure made an impression on me!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...t=river+rafting
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 10:53

Awh. Thank you for that Kathleen24. I needed that. You ladies are just too much. I love you guys. A true support group that what this is...yeah...a true support group. You ladies are wonderful and I want to thank you for that.

Last night as I sat here on my laptop with my legs propped up on the foot stool I placed my hand on my stomach and realized how much *less* of it there is and that made me smile. So I kept rubbing my tummy and feelin' around my waist and there is so much less of it. Basically, I decided I'd better focus on the *good* because I know that's what is going to get me through this...*that* and you *wonderful* ladies.

#11   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 11:15
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

Good, glad you are shifting how you are thinking because I was not looking forward to having to go to California to kick your butt. You are younger than me -- I'd probably have to pick up Kisal on the way as a reinforcement!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 11:44

Oh no! I'm in trouble now.

Thank you for making me smile this morning.

#13   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 14:04
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LessLiz
Good, glad you are shifting how you are thinking because I was not looking forward to having to go to California to kick your butt. You are younger than me -- I'd probably have to pick up Kisal on the way as a reinforcement!

Yep! Liz and I could easily manage a little trip down south to CA, and we'd whup your attitude into shape in no time flat!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-08, 17:10

Well, ya' know, sometimes we all need a swift kick in the patooties.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#15   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-08, 16:32

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

I just started low-carbing a couple of weeks ago, and I haven't weighed myself since then. I do feel like I'm losing volume, though, and have better energy and mood, usually. Until I look in the mirror and see all my chins, and my belly.... It's too soon to feel discouraged, but sometimes when I see myself, I do. And then I look at you, OP, and you're so beautiful, and once again you become my inspiration. Thank you.

Meg