Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 08:24

Plan: my own
Stats: 122/120/102 Female 65 inches
BF:30%/30%/18%
Progress:
Default Race to lose 20lbs, need a buddy!

Hey! I'm kinda new here, but not to the diet world. Not really wanting to lose a ton of weight, I just want to tone up and keep off the fat. I'm 5'5" and 122lbs. My goal is to lose about 20lbs and get close to my original weight but have more muscle. Anyone up to a good challenge? We'll race to get there the fastest (but healthy) way. If you're like me and have become a pro at dieting, but not losing, and you would like to fit back into the prom dress or favorite jeans then lets be buddies!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 08:29
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi!

Step away from the scale, and no one gets hurt!

Just so you're not too disappointed, you're already within a relatively healthy weight range, so if/when you lose fat and tone up on a LC plan, you're *not* going to see a drastic scale change. If you haven't already, be sure to measure yourself and/or get that prom dress ready. Try it on occasionally. If you think you want to get down to your original size but with more muscle, you are going to weigh a lot more than you think you would, even at a drastically decreased size. Don't be afraid of it. You'll look great.

Good luck!

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Sep-16-03 at 08:31.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 01:18

Plan: Atkins For Life
Stats: 185/158.5/100 Female 5'4
BF:???%
Progress: 31%

I know exactly what Christine is saying in regards to fat vs. muscle, but I could see what srvn4life means. Although I wouldn't recommend much weight lifting if you're basing your progress on the scale. I'd wait until I was maybe 2-5 ponds away from my goal before I'd increase muscle tone. I have much more to go than just 20 pounds, but I would be happy to race my next 20 with you, if okay with you, of course. I need to get close to the apprx. 100 lbs. level too. I used to feel my best at that weight a couple of years ago. I'm 5'4 (narrow framed-just fat now). I have a slower metabolism now, although, Atkins seems to be working great w/me. Let me know how you feel about that, unless you'd rather "compete" with someone who weights around 122. Let me know...Racing motivates me quite a bit!