Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 09:18

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Am I Crazy? - Couch to 5K

So I have the on-again/off-again relationship with LC'ing. I'm trying to get back on track, but I want to start something new and start exercising/running. I've never been much of a runner really, I mean, I played football all throughout high school, but never just really enjoyed running for running sake.

My question about am I crazy for wanting to start this is sort of two fold - 1)I'm (obviously) overweight and well, pretty overweight for that matter. I'm only 5'6" and about 345 right now. 2)I'm already dealing with the beginnings of a bone spur on one heel. For the weight issue, I think it can be overcome so to speak - I know I'll have some pain, etc., but I think once I start dropping some weight I'll be okay. The bone spur I have no idea. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 09:33

Plan: Atkins Pre-Maintenance
Stats: 215/134.8/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

I didn't start running until I was close to 180ish. I just had too much mass to be comfortable. I did, however, walk. Walking has a lot of health benefits too, and I wouldn't discount it as a bridge to running, or even as a lifetime habbit.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-31-11, 09:41

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 352/332/240 Male 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceGirl28
I did, however, walk.

Yeah, I'm sure there may be a lot more walking in the beginning than running! ha! I just know either way there will be benefits for me and I have a little girl now and am realizing more and more it's not just about me, you know? I mean, I knew when it was just me and my wife that it wasn't just about me then - but I couldn't imagine not being here over something as stupid as being overweight.