Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-11, 20:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
Judy..I asked my husband to pick up the Ezekial Bread on his way home tomorrow ( Trader Joes Is on his way home)..thank you....Ill use it in a protein rich sandwich...and Il freeze it...

Its only sold in the freezer so thats where he has to look for it. If Trader Joes doesn't have it, Whole Foods does...as will any health food store.
By the way, 1 slice is a serving.

Enjoy!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-09-11, 21:34
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Rarely if ever.

Sometimes some corn in the form of a corn tortilla and maybe some rice in the form of sushi rice. Other than that I stay away from grains with a 10-foot pole.

I've had a loaf of Esekial bread in the freezer for over a year. There's still at least a 1/2 loaf remaining.

And no reason to feel like a crim

If it fits into your WOE and doesn't cause any issues, I say go for it!

Last edited by cnmLisa : Thu, Jun-09-11 at 21:39.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-11, 19:07
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:

Ingredients:
WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR, UNBLEACHED ENRICHED WHEAT FLOUR [FLOUR, MALTED BARLEY FLOUR, REDUCED IRON, NIACIN, THIAMIN MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), RIBOFLAVIN (VITAMIN B2), FOLIC ACID], WATER, CELLULOSE FIBER, WHEAT GLUTEN, YEAST, SUGAR, CRACKED WHEAT, RYE, POLYDEXTROSE, SALT, GROUND CORN, CANOLA AND/OR SOYBEAN OIL, PRESERVATIVES (CALCIUMPROPIONATE, SORBIC ACID), GRAIN VINEGAR, GUAR GUM, CULTURED WHEAT FLOUR, BROWN RICE, OATS, MONOGLYCERIDES, SOYBEANS, TRITICALE, BARLEY, FLAXSEED, MILLET, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM STEAROYL LACTYLATE, SUCRALOSE, SOY LECITHIN.

I didn't know what a sandwich thin was so had to go research it.

Anything that is enriched particularly flour-type products are off my list of acceptable things. Enriched to me means overly processed. I'm with Judy, Esekial is a MUCH better choice. I'd stay away from this with a 10-foot pole.

Progress not perfection.

Lisa
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-11, 19:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

Ive got some dehydrated flaxseed crackers Im enamored with until I can get toTrader Joe's for the Ezekial bread...
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jun-11-11, 20:03
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
Ive got some dehydrated flaxseed crackers Im enamored with until I can get toTrader Joe's for the Ezekial bread...

Is the cracker dehydrated or the flaxseed?
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-11, 17:38
Registered Member

Plan: what?
Stats: 111/123/55 Male 178
BF:
Progress:

Buckwheat porridge very low on carb.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-11, 18:20

BF:

The cracker is dehydrated flaxseed w/ garlic powder I think..its a "raw food"
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-11, 18:36
Every day is day one

BF:

Quote:
The cracker is dehydrated flaxseed w/ garlic powder I think..its a "raw food"

Now I really am curious.
I've never heard of dehydrated flax seeds
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jun-12-11, 22:01

BF:

I got the crackers at TJMAXX...pricey but really good...Ill post the company when I get home...
  #25   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-11, 18:54
Registered Member

Stats: 165/124.8/125 Female 5"4"
BF:
Progress: 101%

We added Multi-grain, flatout bread once a week pretty early on in the diet. After about two months, I think. DH has a whole one and I have a half one. They are 6 carbs each and really quite large. They taste really good and make good chicken wraps or a tortilla like sandwich with ground meat,cheese,etc.
We have lately added in Wasa crackers,,,,the ones that are 3 carbs each. I like them once in a while with peanut butter or cheese. I rarely eat more than one though.
I like a mix of pecan meal, flax meal and almond meal as a sub for oatmeal. I like it a lot with butter and Splenda. Maybe some coconut or banana extract...
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Aug-05-11, 21:39
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb 90/10 paleo juddd
Stats: 165/122/115 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I have been adding 1/2 cup or so of cooked quinoa to my lunch salads lately, not more than once a week. No wheat or gluten grains for me, and I haven't eaten any corn, oats or other grains either. Except for the meltdown day after I at a huge scone and had dry moth and eyes within minutes--the day I really knew for sure that I wasn't missing any grain that much!

I have been holding steady at 138 for a while, whether I eat induction-style for a week, or eat more carbs, so I am just working at holding steady to see what I can eat without gaining. Maybe later I'll go after the last 10 pounds. Sometimes that works better if I lose, maintain the loss for a few months, then change it up and lose again. So for now, I am pretty happy with quinoa.
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Aug-06-11, 11:07

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Previously, I got down to, and maintained at, where I am now, eating low carb wraps on occasion, or having some of my husband's cheesecake if we went out. But the day I noticed a wrap gave me tummy bloat, out they went.

I don't miss that rung. It means 90% of potential treats are off the table, literally. Takes the decision right out of my hands.

And it drove me to low carb baking for my "treats." I enjoy baking, and I'm glad to have it back again. It seems to work for me; I lost several pounds in late winter while I was trying out recipes.

Grains aren't a crime at all! IF your body can tolerate it. I thought mine could. Turns out, it can't.
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 10:12

Plan: HF Atkins paleo
Stats: 230/144/150 Female 63 inches
BF:less/than/before
Progress: 108%

In general, I don't eat grains. But, actually, I suppose I do.

My family goes to San Francisco for a long weekend every year. I always have a sourdough bread bowl with clam chowder on the pier. The chowder is thickened, and I do eat a portion of the bread. Not the whole thing, but some. One per year.

We go camping every Memorial Day weekend. I always have about a half ear of grilled corn on the cob on this trip. One per year.

Once in a blue moon I will have a corn tortilla. (The kind made of corn, water, lime only.)

Oh, and I still use soy sauce, which is made from wheat.

How could I forget rice and tapioca starch. My husband is Vietnamese, and I occasionally will have a few rice or tapioca noodles or starch in something. Not daily, weekly, or even necessarily monthly, but a few times a year at his grandmother's house, I'll have a small amount.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Aug-11-11, 15:00

Plan: General LC (was Atkins)
Stats: 168/145.8/155 Female 5 feet 9 inches
BF:32%/24%/?
Progress: 171%

I have rice on my rolls if we go out for sushi, or will eat croutons on salad if we are out dining (I don't add them at home).

So very little grain for me.