Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Dec-17-04, 23:57

Plan: Atkins-Modified
Stats: 218/185/135 Female 5'1
BF:41/?/26
Progress: 40%
Lightbulb Dragonfly_s

I thought I would start an exersise log..even though i havent started anything yet. Im considering walking in the mornings before breakfast.. and either getting into some yoga or Pilates. it might help me motivate knowing that i have a log here to post in..my biggest hurdle will be going to bed early and getting up early as i am a night owl by nature. Also is cold this time of the year in nebraska! But i reallly need to do something!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-19-04, 12:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/165/130 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 34%

What a great idea! I got a book called Step Diet. It comes with a pedometer, and you wear it for one week and just take your average number of steps in a day. The idea is to increase the number of steps you do on a daily basis by 500 each week, until you increase your average by 2000 steps a day. (I think the ultimate goal was 10,000 steps a day!)

It is an easy tool to use, and you can walk anytime. A 15 minute walk will usually net you about 500 steps. I really liked the concept, and plan on doing this more faithfully when I can. (Right now I am having problems with my joints, and can't walk consistently enough).. But a lunch walk, parking farther from the stores you shop in, getting off the bus one stop early, are easy ways to get the steps in without having to commit an hour block time a day to excercise.

A good way to get the steps in, is to go to the mall! I walked my mall, and gained an extra 2000 steps in one visit that took me about an hour. Not bad, unless you stop and spend money!

Of course the Step Diet plan suggested you count calories and equate that to steps, but this could easily be done to carbs instead. An extra 2000 steps could get you some extra carbs everyday to "spend".
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 01:16

Smile

Hi Kal! That sounds great! i might have to buy the book
Ive decided to ask for a membership to a gym for christmas! Im actually exited lol.. i will need to get some nice workout clothes too of course
But i really need to get a digital watch and start MAKING myself drink my water.. its been really bad..like less than 1/2 gallon in a couple days
Ya So.. I have a plan now at least!!

#4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-20-04, 21:35
Registered Member

BF:

I have had memberships to Gym's and just never go. It is such a bother, do you go before or after work? If you go before you have to shower at the gym. If you go after, you have to remember to wash your clothes to take with you.... I can't do all that.

Plus I got a nasty infection from a gym once.... ugh. My immune system is dampened because of meds I take, so I will stay OUT of public places like that, especially wet ones! No public hot tubs for me!

That is why the step diet idea appeals to me so much, well, it will appeal more when I can actually walk more..
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-21-04, 01:36

Smile

Well I stopped by the place today..its called curves for women..it looks really nice. They say 30 min 3x a week works wonders and it would be easy to fit that into my schedule. I have joined a club once before but never went.. i tlike the idea of curves..you cycle through the resistance machines and jogging or dancing on a plat form inbetween each machine..you change every 30 seconds.. its fast paced and sounds liek a nice place to meet others and get support if i need it. I am still not positive I will join but im seriously thinking about it
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 18:56
Registered Member

BF:

Honestly, if I EVER join again, it will be curves. I did a trial there for a few weeks last summer. And it was great. But now my job moves me all around the northern virginia area, so it is just too hard to find them all, figure out if they will let me come from another Curves... I know, excuses excuses....
But I think it would do great. !
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-22-04, 22:45

Thumbs up

Hi Thats great, you had a good experience with it too?? Even better!!
I went out and got a couple outfits to go workout in, and a digital watch lol..im planning on making myself drink my water Will have to set it only twice a day so, hopefully it will help Now, if I can just get caught up with all the bills I will go join lol
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Oct-18-06, 01:02

Well..Im looking around at the gyms around here. I have an appointment with one at noon tomorrow. I am just undecided as to should I join curves or a regular gym? I wish there was a YMCA nearby
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-06, 07:33

Unhappy

well I never made it to my appointment, my daughter was sick and I had to bring her home from school. I did go to curves and one other fitness place and they want wayyy too much money
I might look into taking some akido classes..see how much they are. I know they wont require two years of my life and hopefully under 50 bucks a month~! ack lol I could buy a new car for the price of joining a fitness place here.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Feb-11-08, 12:29

ok here i am back again. This time i have a mini trampoline at home i can exersise on.. I want to start out 5 minutes a day..5 days a week. And hopefully I can make progress and not give up! My health is important to me