Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 04:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 570+?/???/250 Female 67.5
BF:
Progress: 24%
Cool Back again And....

Hi Everyone,
I was going to wait to post this but I was here lurking and said why not I have been low-carbing since November 2000 I lost 80 pounds then went off plan and gained alot back (not sure exactly how much) Then I have struggled back and forth to get back into low-carbing never returning to ALL my bad habits but not being low-carb.

So this brings me to my next step, Atkins works miracles for many people. And It did work for me as long as I was willing to work it by the book. So I did alot of thinking and alot of mind racking to figure out what I needed too do. Well, I was approched by a pop up ad recently in my desperate search for something that I could do and stick too.. ( I only make it a few days to two weeks on Atkins at a time) There are many reasons why I cant stick to atkins and make it work for me.
1) I do not do well with eating several meals a day
2) preparing meals is a tough thing for me
3) being lazy and unprepared
4) Cant stand long enough to cook and clean dishes
I could go on here forever but YES alot of the reasons are just that reasons (excuses)

So I believe I have found what will work for me, Now I know it's not for everyone and It's Okay because we all have to find what works for us I may be wrong and in a month go back to regular old Atkins who knows but as soon as my package comes in Im going to give Herbalife Gold (low-carb) a chance ...I know some may worry about Ephedra I will be on the NON Ephedra Herbs

On this plan I will have 2 low-carb shakes a day and 1 low-carb meal. This will work for me as far as not wanting to eat alot.. I have a love-Hate relationship with food. Meaning I go thru phases where I just cant eat for days and I need to fix this! I also go thru days where I cant seem to get enough food (bad foods) So I feel this may be my ticket and what works for me I can only give it my best.

Along with this plan I will be changing my lifestyle...
I will go to bed at a decent hour..... get up on a shedule
I will join a gym and start excersizing as much as I am physicaly able..
I will be doing things alot diffrent and I hope that by tackiling these things now I will have a much nicer future

So here I am starting almost where I began 2 years ago because I made bad choices. Due to stress in my own life (Mom had a stroke....Bad relationship....Selling my house.....) But a good friend told me one night while talking on the phone ....Next year will come and go just like the last one and where we are will be up too us!!! No truer words were ever spoken. And Im here to make sure I am in a better place next year!!!

Hi to everyone and I hope I can hang out with you guys!!
Have a awesome low-carb day!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 07:17

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Glad to have you as a member of the Triple Digits Club! You are so right, it is a matter of picking a plan that works best for you. I have heard good things about Herbalife Gold. I could never drink those shakes, I just hate all the shakes. No matter what plan you choose - just remember - you aren't alone! All of us in this forum are struggling with losing a lot of weight and we face a lot of the same obstacles. Happy to meet you! Cindi
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 09:19

Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Hi there!

Welcome back! I remember you from last January when I joined the forum...

Welcome back to the forum and to the Triple Digits Club...

Good luck, goo health, good life!

Donald
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 10:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 370/270/160
BF:50%/36.6%/24%
Progress: 48%

Welcome back, Goddess!

I like your handle, and hope you believe that about yourself, at least in part!

Good luck on your journey- we are all going in the same directions, just sometimes taking different paths. It is sure a long journey- for life, so we gotta do what we gotta do. If something doesn't work, then try something else.

I like what Einstein said (wish I could remember the quote exactly) about the definition of insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Hugs,
Kat
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 10:16
Work In Progress

Plan: G.I. Diet
Stats: 323/284/160 Female 5'3"
BF:Size: 26/24/12
Thumbs up WELCOME

and GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TO ALL OF US!!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-02, 21:35
Registered Member

Stats: 570+?/???/250 Female 67.5
BF:

Cindi.. Thank you for the warm welcome I am looking forward to sharing eachothers journeys

Donald What can I say WOW WOW WOW you have done awesome and your so Handsome Keep up the AWESOME work!!!! Thank you for the Welcome back I remeber you and have read the post with you in them Expecialy the Sunshine thread and was in awe at each of your posts!

Kat Thank you ! And Yes I do beleive it!! And these words are so true *insanity: doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results* I agree and Im trying what I hope will work for me Hugs

Just2muchme Thank you and Ditto!!!

Trina